Grimm Forum
If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? (/Thread-If-Kelly-wasn-t-killed-what-would-she-have-felt-and-done)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 05:31 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 04:52 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 04:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: It doesn't matter what the contract said. Adalind's a witch. She knows better.

You are assuming that she broke a contract that nobody read so it does matter.

It doesn't matter because Adalind already agreed verbally to give up her baby in exchange for a hexenbiest spirit. It further doesn't matter because while Adalind questioned it, she didn't seem concerned enough to put a kibosh on the whole proceeding until Stefania interpreted the contract.

The contract could have said that Adalind could keep Diana until she marries Z.

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - irukandji - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 06:23 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 04:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: It doesn't matter what the contract said. Adalind's a witch. She knows better.

It doesn't matter because Adalind already agreed verbally to give up her baby in exchange for a hexenbiest spirit. It further doesn't matter because while Adalind questioned it, she didn't seem concerned enough to put a kibosh on the whole proceeding until Stefania interpreted the contract.

Z wasn't a factor. There was a very interesting thread in this forum that I ran across that speculated the contract would have Diana marry one of Stefania's boys. Stefania was the queen, I suppose having Diana in the bunch would increase the value of their children.

I think the contract was an example of blood magic which bound Adalind to keeping her word. It might have also been useful for Stefania to show the royals proof of Adalind's agreement so she could get paid.

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 06:36 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Z wasn't a factor. There was a very interesting thread in this forum that I ran across that speculated the contract would have Diana marry one of Stefania's boys. Stefania was the queen, I suppose having Diana in the bunch would increase the value of their children.

I think the contract was an example of blood magic which bound Adalind to keeping her word. It might have also been useful for Stefania to show the royals proof of Adalind's agreement so she could get paid.

Diana exists due to the keys existing so it is a factor.

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - Loona - 05-16-2017

And Adalind ist an former Hexenbiest and a Lawyer know how to handle such things. Adalind isn't an stupid woman.

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - irukandji - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 06:51 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 06:36 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 04:52 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: You are assuming that she broke a contract that nobody read so it does matter.

Diana exists due to the keys existing so it is a factor.

It's not a factor. If it was Adalind would have made a big deal about it. Loona's right. She was a lawyer, she knows all about contracts.

(05-16-2017, 06:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: It's not a factor. If it was Adalind would have made a big deal about it. Loona's right. She was a lawyer, she knows all about contracts.

Adalind made a big deal out of not seeing the contract. This has everything to do with the keys and Z. If Diana did not have the extra powers she would have not been able sense "The Other Place" or been able to bring back Nick and Eve from there.

(05-16-2017, 07:00 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 06:54 PM)irukandji Wrote: It's not a factor. If it was Adalind would have made a big deal about it. Loona's right. She was a lawyer, she knows all about contracts.

Adalind made a big deal out of not seeing the contract. This has everything to do with the keys and Z. If Diana did not have the extra powers she would have not been able sense "The Other Place" or been able to bring back Nick and Eve from there.

If it was such a big deal, I'm wondering why she didn't refuse to go further with the deal. She was quick enough to threaten to term the baby if she didn't get her way.

The contract was never to give Diana to Z. Stefania was brokering a deal with Viktor. She wanted to get paid. I believe the contract was her way of supplying proof to the royals that Adalind agreed to hand Diana over to them.

(05-16-2017, 07:04 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 07:00 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

If it was such a big deal, I'm wondering why she didn't refuse to go further with the deal. She was quick enough to threaten to term the baby if she didn't get her way.

The contract was never to give Diana to Z. Stefania was brokering a deal with Viktor. She wanted to get paid. I believe the contract was her way of supplying proof to the royals that Adalind agreed to hand Diana over to them.

Adalind was being forced at that point to go along until the resistance helped her.

I believe that all of Grimm does not make any sense if the contract was not about Z. The keys predicted Diana would be in danger on 3/24/2017. If Diana did not have those powers then the keys prediction would not have happen.

(05-16-2017, 07:12 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind was being forced at that point to go along until the resistance helped her.

I believe that all of Grimm does not make any sense if the contract was not about Z. The keys predicted Diana would be in danger on 3/24/2017. If Diana did not have those powers then the keys prediction would not have happen.

Well, we all look at it differently. Getting back to the original gist of the thread, it's my opinion that Adalind should have relinquished Diana to Stefania. She was the one who went to Austria and fostered the deal in the first place.

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - Mrtrick - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 08:10 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 07:12 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Adalind was being forced at that point to go along until the resistance helped her.

Well, we all look at it differently. Getting back to the original gist of the thread, it's my opinion that Adalind should have relinquished Diana to Stefania. She was the one who went to Austria and fostered the deal in the first place.

Wow. You really feel that Adalind should have handed Diana over, just because it's proper deal making etiquette? Without any second thoughts!? That's....Well...I'm not sure what that is. It's a Baby! Not a sack of potatoes! And who cares who fostered whatever deal? There are some things that are bigger than any contract. If the supposed wronged parties feel misled, then I would politely say, they can go jump in a lake.