Grimm Forum
If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? (/Thread-If-Kelly-wasn-t-killed-what-would-she-have-felt-and-done)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 09:12 AM)Loona Wrote: Whether she did it or not - it does not change the fact that Adalind wanted to do it. What a great mommy...

Do you believe that Eve was brainwashed all through the end of season 6?

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - Circe27 - 05-16-2017

I don't think it doesn't change the fact that she wanted to do it, I just think that she changed her mind and fought to keep her kid does count for something.

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - rpmaluki - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 09:12 AM)Loona Wrote: Whether she did it or not - it does not change the fact that Adalind wanted to do it. What a great mommy...
She decided to keep her daughter, so I say yay for mommy Adalind coming through when she did.

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - Loona - 05-16-2017

Kudos for Adalind that she did what should be normal for every mother...

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - Mrtrick - 05-16-2017

(05-15-2017, 07:27 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 08:10 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: What you said is true for season 3. Once Sean took Diana and later she really was regretting it more and more her choices so by season 4 she did take the suppressant and season 5 she wished her hexenbiest would go away.

A couple of things here. I don't condone human trafficking. Adalind sank to a new low by trading her daughter for a hexenbiest spirit. On the other side of the coin, Adalind proved by renegging on the deal that her word really isn't worth squat.

So, you fault her for doing the wrong thing. But you also fault her for doing the right thing. It's nice to see you're well balanced in your bias. Was she supposed to hand Diana over and then steal her back, just so it couldn't be said that she welched on a deal. When it comes to one's word on baby bartering, I think I'd like to have a bad reputation. I'm not sure I would want people saying, "If you want to buy some infants, that guy always comes through." When Diana was an abstract concept to Adalind, and she was still in a very dark place, it's easy to fault her for a callous decision. But how do you blame someone for finding their conscience?

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - irukandji - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 07:19 AM)Circe27 Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 08:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: A couple of things here. I don't condone human trafficking. Adalind sank to a new low by trading her daughter for a hexenbiest spirit. On the other side of the coin, Adalind proved by renegging on the deal that her word really isn't worth squat.

So she should have gone ahead and given them Diana because she was forced to sign a contract? Her word is more important than realizing what she did was wrong and taking steps to protect her child? What she did was wrong but I think her integrity would have been completely lost had she gone through with the contract.

Whenever I question 'right' versus 'wrong' in Grimm, I'm generally told that this is a fantasy, so the rules followed in real life would not apply.

Adalind's greedy obsession led her to Austria where she demanded a new hexenbiest spirit. A woman was murdered, Adalind went through a filthy and disgusting ritual and signed a magical contract to seal her side of the bargain, which was her baby in return for the biest spirit.

So technically, in view of a fantasy setting, should she have given up her baby? Why not? She herself threatened to term the pregnancy if she didn't get her way. She's a witch, following a magical contract should be second nature to her. In the witchy world, there should be no room for changing her hexenbiest mind *but* still acquiring a new hexenbiest spirit in the process.

What's the point of being a hexenbiest if she's simply going to change the rules to suit herself? I would imagine her fellow hexenbiests would not look kindly upon her actions.

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-16-2017

(05-16-2017, 03:09 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 07:19 AM)Circe27 Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 08:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: A couple of things here. I don't condone human trafficking. Adalind sank to a new low by trading her daughter for a hexenbiest spirit. On the other side of the coin, Adalind proved by renegging on the deal that her word really isn't worth squat.

So she should have gone ahead and given them Diana because she was forced to sign a contract? Her word is more important than realizing what she did was wrong and taking steps to protect her child? What she did was wrong but I think her integrity would have been completely lost had she gone through with the contract.

Whenever I question 'right' versus 'wrong' in Grimm, I'm generally told that this is a fantasy, so the rules followed in real life would not apply.

Adalind's greedy obsession led her to Austria where she demanded a new hexenbiest spirit. A woman was murdered, Adalind went through a filthy and disgusting ritual and signed a magical contract to seal her side of the bargain, which was her baby in return for the biest spirit.

So technically, in view of a fantasy setting, should she have given up her baby? Why not? She herself threatened to term the pregnancy if she didn't get her way. She's a witch, following a magical contract should be second nature to her. In the witchy world, there should be no room for changing her hexenbiest mind *but* still acquiring a new hexenbiest spirit in the process.

What's the point of being a hexenbiest if she's simply going to change the rules to suit herself? I would imagine her fellow hexenbiests would not look kindly upon her actions.

No one knows what the magical contract actually said. It could have said that Diana needed to become Z wife.

I still say Juliette getting a hexenbiest was far more unbelievable.

RE: If Kelly wasn't killed what would she have felt and done? - irukandji - 05-16-2017

It doesn't matter what the contract said. Adalind's a witch. She knows better.

(05-16-2017, 04:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: It doesn't matter what the contract said. Adalind's a witch. She knows better.

You are assuming that she broke a contract that nobody read so it does matter.

(05-16-2017, 04:52 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 04:48 PM)irukandji Wrote: It doesn't matter what the contract said. Adalind's a witch. She knows better.

You are assuming that she broke a contract that nobody read so it does matter.

It doesn't matter because Adalind already agreed verbally to give up her baby in exchange for a hexenbiest spirit. It further doesn't matter because while Adalind questioned it, she didn't seem concerned enough to put a kibosh on the whole proceeding until Stefania interpreted the contract.