Grimm Forum
S03E02 - PTZD - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S03E02 - PTZD (/Thread-S03E02-PTZD)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

S03E02 - PTZD - GrimmForum - 11-01-2013

Season 3 Episode 2
PTZD

[Image: ryEl5WYl.jpg]

Air Date: November 1, 2013
Synopsis: Monroe, Hank, Rosalee and Juliette track down a manic Nick and do all they can to find him and reverse what’s been done to him before he causes any more damage. Meanwhile, Captain Renard does his best to clean up the zombie fallout on all fronts - domestic and international. Elsewhere, the more time Adalind spends with Stefania, the more disturbing things seem to get in her quest to regain her Hexenbiest abilities.

Trailer
Spoiler :

Grimm continues tonight with the airing of its second episode. What are your thoughts on PTZD?

RE: S03E02 - PTZD - grimmfreak - 11-01-2013

Can't wait till 9

RE: S03E02 - PTZD - the-epic-prince - 11-01-2013

What a cool episode! The first half of the episode was amazingly awesome with the second part slowing down to about really awesome.
What's going happen with Nick and his seemingly to almost slip back into zombie mode?

RE: S03E02 - PTZD - HellJacket - 11-01-2013

(11-01-2013, 08:11 PM)the-epic-prince Wrote: What a cool episode! The first half of the episode was amazingly awesome with the second part slowing down to about really awesome.
What's going happen with Nick and his seemingly to almost slip back into zombie mode?

Also, it looks like Nick will have special "grimm powers" this season, so whenever we get a post on the General Forum about it, we can say "wait until season 3."

RE: S03E02 - PTZD - Lou - 11-01-2013

Great episode. Best one this season. The only problem was when Adalind dropped her towel someone left a chair in the way.

The Captain always holds his cards close to his chest. Is that just habit or does he still not trust the scoobies.

Is Nick's super hearing making a re-appearance or is this something new or different.

This was another episode that had Nick (and us) exploring the ethics of being a Grimm/Policeman. Grimm ethics seem to take precedence - but just barely.

I think the cover story couldn't really stand up to serious questioning. But we weren't shown when the Grimmsters worked out those details Renard spoke of (probably because it would have been tedious and pointless) . I suppose since "Thomas Schirade" is never found, it won't be necessary for the police to do anymore questioning.

How many people thought that when the Gypsy -Lady told Adalind to tie off the suture with her teeth, "Hey, now she is just making up stuff".

With Eric dead (dollars to donuts, he comes back), is Adalind's baby worth more or less? IF Eric is the father, then could the baby be his heir? A prince! And does that change Renard's status? Does Renard's mom call signify something?

RE: S03E02 - PTZD - HellJacket - 11-01-2013

(11-01-2013, 08:37 PM)Lou Wrote: This was another episode that had Nick (and us) exploring the ethics of being a Grimm/Policeman. Grimm ethics seem to take precedence - but just barely.
My only problem with this is that, considering all the blatant criminal crap he's done the past two seasons (e.g., lying to the FBI, murdering the Raub-kondor in cold blood, covering up the murder of Edgar Waltz, etc.) , this is what he's going to throw a hissy fit about. Really? The one time he's clearly innocent? LOL.

(11-01-2013, 08:37 PM)Lou Wrote: I think the cover story couldn't really stand up to serious questioning. But we weren't shown when the Grimmsters worked out those details Renard spoke of (probably because it would have been tedious and pointless) .
Oh, the story would be torn apart by even some of the most mediocre cops. Hell, if I'm questioning one of the witnesses at a murder scene, and her boyfriend suddenly drops a coffee cup in the middle of the interrogation? Total red flag. And why didn't they bother to ask Nick where he was last night? If she was a witness, why wasn't he also one?

(11-01-2013, 08:37 PM)Lou Wrote: With Eric dead (dollars to donuts, he comes back), is Adalind's baby worth more or less?
I'll take that bet. The problem with bringing James Frain back is that he's a pretty popular actor right now (see his upcoming appearance in Sleepy Hollow, for instance). So, at best, the Grimm writers may only be able to get him for a single episode. If they're going to kill him offscreen right now, you might as well just leave him dead if that's all you have to work with. Hell, that's the reason they killed him off to begin with. He couldn't work out his schedule to return to Grimm.

Great episode... I wonder if the captain is keeping the bar footage as possible future leverage on Nick.

RE: S03E02 - PTZD - pale boy - 11-01-2013

(11-01-2013, 10:48 PM)grimmfreak Wrote: Great episode... I wonder if the captain is keeping the bar footage as possible future leverage on Nick.

That would be awesome. And it would explain why he kept something so damaging around in the first place. Blackmail, of course!

This episode genuinely surprised me. First, Renard's half-brother was apparently killed -- I thought he'd call it off, but nope. No last minute save there. Then one of the bar fight victims died. Things did not "snap back to normal"; instead, everyone started lying in a big way to cover up a murder. Dirty hands all over the place.

The beginning where Zombie!Nick was going after the family was creepy as all get out too. Those poor people. :[ I thought for sure the father was going to meet a bad end. The triple team up of Hank-Renard-Monroe against Zombie!Nick was also great. Loved seeing Hank shudder over Renard's woge -- he hadn't seen it before, iirc. And this isn't even touching the increasingly gruesome magic involved in Adalind's storyline. (I actually felt bad for her because of that nasty "beauty treatment" she had to use, ha ha.)

Grimm has been stepping up its game so far. We learned that the Royal Renard family is openly and legitimately royal in the "actually ruled a country at some point in their history" royal, and not just a Wesen term for upper class people. It only raises more questions about who and what exactly the Seven Royal Families are, although apparently they "need" Grimm or like to work with them.

@Lou -- Yeah, I doubt Eric is toast too. He'll probably pop up with a smug look on his face at some point.

I also wonder
Spoiler :
In a preview of the season they said the hunter becomes the hunted. maybe nick is going to be blamed for the attack or killing or Eric and the royals are going to step up their attacks

RE: S03E02 - PTZD - wrightm3m - 11-02-2013

Lovin Every Bit Of It................