Grimm Forum
can someone read old fashion script - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: can someone read old fashion script (/Thread-can-someone-read-old-fashion-script)

Pages: 1 2

can someone read old fashion script - MarylikesGrimm - 05-12-2017

I copied the Burnhardt family tree from the auction house to my pc. If I put the pictures here will someone try to read it for me?

RE: can someone read old fashion script - wfmyers1207 - 05-13-2017

(05-12-2017, 03:55 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I copied the Burnhardt family tree from the auction house to my pc. If I put the pictures here will someone try to read it for me?

Sure I'll help as best I can. When I studied history I happened to read a lot of old manuscripts. Try my best. Smile

RE: can someone read old fashion script - MarylikesGrimm - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 10:10 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 03:55 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I copied the Burnhardt family tree from the auction house to my pc. If I put the pictures here will someone try to read it for me?

Sure I'll help as best I can. When I studied history I happened to read a lot of old manuscripts. Try my best. Smile

13 pictures

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211484604543654&set=pcb.10211484615743934&type=3&theater

RE: can someone read old fashion script - MarylikesGrimm - 05-14-2017

(05-13-2017, 04:38 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-13-2017, 10:10 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:

13 pictures

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211484604543654&set=pcb.10211484615743934&type=3&theater

Can someone help me read Nick's full family tree?

RE: can someone read old fashion script - wfmyers1207 - 05-14-2017

Ok, I did a little work today on photos 5 and 6. Follows:

Jehan Blaeu b. (born) 1614 - Franciszek Blaeu b. (born) 1612 (presumably husband and wife)

(descended from them)

Francis Blaeu b. 1641 and Charles Blaeu b. 1643 d. (died) 1705 lost at sea

note: "I have researched and discovered that Charles was aboard an exploring (exploratory?) vessel sailing to the tip of (Latin?) America when a storm capsized (the?) ship. All souls were lost. "
Can't make out signature. -1915

More tomorrow. Smile

Ok, I also did a little work on the "cover" page with the large G at the top.

"1667. The largest Kessler triumph that added their name to Grimm lore was the stoppage of the (something) revolt of 1666."

I really need to try and get this image magnified. I can't make out much more from the one you posted. Sad

I'll try some more tomorrow. Smile

(05-14-2017, 10:46 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Ok, I did a little work today on photos 5 and 6. Follows:

Jehan Blaeu b. (born) 1614 - Franciszek Blaeu b. (born) 1612 (presumably husband and wife)

(descended from them)

note: "I have researched and discovered that Charles was aboard an exploring (exploratory?) vessel sailing to the tip of (Latin?) America when a storm capsized (the?) ship. All souls were lost. "

More tomorrow. Smile

"1667. The largest Kessler triumph that added their name to Grimm lore was the stoppage of the (something) revolt of 1666."

I really need to try and get this image magnified. I can't make out much more from the one you posted. Sad

Blaeu family about 1600 were famous mapmakers a great job for a grimm.

Willem Janszoon Blaeu
https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1503/1503.08327.pdf
This article describes the life and work of Willem Janszoon Blaeu (1571-1638), who founded one of history’s greatest cartographic publishing firms in 1599. Mostly renowned as a cartographer, he also made terrestrial and celestial globes, various instruments such as quadrants, a planetarium and a tellurium. He invented mechanicaldevices for improving the technics of printing. As an astronomer, a former student of Tycho Brahe, Willem Blaeu made careful observations of a moon eclipse, he discovered a variable star now known as P Cygni, and carried out a measurement of a degree on the surface of the earth (as his countryman Snell did in 1617).

(05-14-2017, 04:42 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 10:46 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Ok, I did a little work today on photos 5 and 6. Follows:

(descended from them)

More tomorrow. Smile

Blaeu family about 1600 were famous mapmakers a great job for a grimm.

Willem Janszoon Blaeu
https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1503/1503.08327.pdf
This article describes the life and work of Willem Janszoon Blaeu (1571-1638), who founded one of history’s greatest cartographic publishing firms in 1599. Mostly renowned as a cartographer, he also made terrestrial and celestial globes, various instruments such as quadrants, a planetarium and a tellurium. He invented mechanicaldevices for improving the technics of printing. As an astronomer, a former student of Tycho Brahe, Willem Blaeu made careful observations of a moon eclipse, he discovered a variable star now known as P Cygni, and carried out a measurement of a degree on the surface of the earth (as his countryman Snell did in 1617).

The signature name looks the same as the left name under Gary Kessler (page 2) 1765 where the first name starts with L and the last name starts with B b. (1882) d. (1922).

Gary - From an English surname which was derived from a Norman given name, which was itself originally a short form of names beginning with the Germanic element ger meaning "spear".

RE: can someone read old fashion script - wfmyers1207 - 05-15-2017

OK, finally completed the title page. Smile

"1667 The largest Kessler triumph that added their name to Grimm lore was the stoppage of the hundj ger (literal translation: hound spear) revolt of 1666.
It was due to the Kessler's blades that the Anno Mirabillis (Year of Miracles or Wonders) occurred. This year of wonders would have been the disaster wesen wanted if it weren't for the Kessler Grimms, (so?) the hundj ger mounted an attack for their Year of the Beast, their planned assassination of the English Monarchy, which was foiled by the swinging Kessler blades."

Also, the latter part of Nick's family tree:

Georg Kessler b. 1765

descended from him:

Hilda Kessler b 1893

Walter Kessler b. 1931
Note: "First Grimm to use electricity to eliminate wesen."

Marie Kessler b. 1958 and Kelly Kessler b. 1960

Nicholas Burkhardt b. 1982

Hope I have a chance to some more tomorrow. Smile

RE: can someone read old fashion script - MarylikesGrimm - 05-15-2017

(05-15-2017, 10:47 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: OK, finally completed the title page. Smile

"1667 The largest Kessler triumph that added their name to Grimm lore was the stoppage of the hundj ger (literal translation: hound spear) revolt of 1666.
It was due to the Kessler's blades that the Anno Mirabillis (Year of Miracles or Wonders) occurred. This year of wonders would have been the disaster wesen wanted if it weren't for the Kessler Grimms, (so?) the hundj ger mounted an attack for their Year of the Beast, their planned assassination of the English Monarchy, which was foiled by the swinging Kessler blades."

Georg Kessler b. 1765

descended from him:

Hilda Kessler b 1893

Walter Kessler b. 1931

"Gad! You are such a genius! -

RE: can someone read old fashion script - wfmyers1207 - 05-17-2017

(05-15-2017, 11:35 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 10:47 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: OK, finally completed the title page. Smile

Georg Kessler b. 1765

descended from him:

Hilda Kessler b 1893

Walter Kessler b. 1931

"Gad! You are such a genius! -

Thanks, and after some consideration I think the word in the text may have been intended to be hundjager. Smile