Grimm Forum
Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost (/Thread-Meisner-from-mercenary-to-friendly-ghost)

Pages: 1 2 3

Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost - WispyWillow - 05-12-2017

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK_z5roKu5C2DkYcRdSm2...2L_GFEQuAg]

some of the things he did:

- renard's bodyguard
- resistance member
- killed eric
- midwife
- HW member
- hiding diana
- 'creating' eve
- haunting Renard

all the main characters he met liked him.

RE: Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost - MarylikesGrimm - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 05:44 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTK_z5roKu5C2DkYcRdSm2...2L_GFEQuAg]

some of the things he did:

- renard's bodyguard
- resistance member
- killed eric
- midwife
- HW member
- hiding diana
- 'creating' eve
- haunting Renard

all the main characters he met liked him.

Martin Meisner used a car bomb(see bottom) to kill Eric which could have killed many innocent people. Royals, BC, HW and the resistance all used torture.

In season 5, since Diana was growing fast, was more powerful and wanted to see her family and Nick and Adalind would have supported HW to get Diana back. IMO Meisner made a large mistake by not supporting Nick and Adalind being with Diana and Sean too.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/PTZD
Renard arrives at the precinct. As he is walking to his office, he looks at his phone and has a text from an unknown sender (Martin Meisner ) that says, "Done. News online. Link sent." When Renard gets to his office, he opens up the link on his laptop.
The link leads to a news report that reports that Eric Renard was killed in a car bomb while leaving the airport in Vienna. In the link, a reporter states that "all of Vienna is in mourning," and Renard responds, "All of Portland isn't."

RE: Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost - Hexenadler - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 05:44 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: - 'creating' eve

If by "creating" you mean "brainwashing," then sure, I'd agree with that. You could argue Juliette had it coming, but what was to stop him from giving someone like Nick the same treatment, like Eve suggested?

He was also willing to make a bargain with Viktor in exchange for the King's life. Show me a pragmatist, and I'll show you a guy who should never, ever be trusted.

(05-12-2017, 10:53 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: He was also willing to make a bargain with Viktor in exchange for the King's life. Show me a pragmatist, and I'll show you a guy who should never, ever be trusted.

Meisner said the resistance initially made the deal with Viktor. Meisner killed the king and IMO turned over Diana to HW (he called them "with friends" in Sean's office) instead of the resistance. I believe Meisner betrayed the resistance he used to work for.
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Martin_Meisner
Renard asked him what he was doing there, and he told Renard that he had come to tell him that the King had been in an accident and fallen out of his helicopter while it was flying over the ocean. ("Cry Havoc") He told him that his body had not been recovered but that Diana was safe and "with friends." He went into more detail and told him that Viktor had struck a deal with the Resistance to kill the King because he was upset about being replaced by Kenneth. ("Double Date") The terms of the deal were that Diana was given to the Resistance in exchange for the King being dealt with, and Meisner admitted that he had been on the helicopter. Renard said that Viktor was now the King, and Meisner replied, "For now."

RE: Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost - WispyWillow - 05-12-2017

(05-12-2017, 10:53 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 05:44 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: - 'creating' eve

If by "creating" you mean "brainwashing," then sure, I'd agree with that. You could argue Juliette had it coming, but what was to stop him from giving someone like Nick the same treatment, like Eve suggested?

He was also willing to make a bargain with Viktor in exchange for the King's life. Show me a pragmatist, and I'll show you a guy who should never, ever be trusted.

yes
meisner enjoyed torturing and brainwashing juliette. it seemed turning her into eve was his idea.
[Image: fc937135a11b652e0a5cee936d6b25c6.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTilE1OaJIA_2piShjF-Ve...D6GCrwsxln]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQasFYT0Gc0ZsmEFfaBju6...wkRHfj_AbA]

RE: Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost - irukandji - 05-12-2017

Was he sentenced to hell and so he had to come back to reform Renard?

(05-12-2017, 03:28 PM)irukandji Wrote: Was he sentenced to hell and so he had to come back to reform Renard?

I wish they seen him in "The Other Place".

RE: Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost - Robyn - 05-13-2017

Meisner was categorized as a good guy, so he wouldn’t end up in a hell dimension anymore than Nick or the others would for their actions. He had a personal vendetta against the King because of his father’s and girlfriend’s deaths and jumped at the chance to kill the King just as Nick created a situation that ensured he could kill Kenneth.

Adalind learned that Meisner took Diana from the Royals but chose not to reach out to him. When Meisner informed Nick that HW had Diana until BC took her, he didn’t show any interest in getting Diana back with Adalind or any concern for Diana’s safety/wellbeing. Meisner keeping Diana from Adalind in S5 isn’t any different than Kelly keeping Diana from Adalind in S3 & S4.

RE: Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost - MarylikesGrimm - 05-13-2017

(05-13-2017, 05:19 AM)Robyn Wrote: Meisner keeping Diana from Adalind in S5 isn’t any different than Kelly keeping Diana from Adalind in S3 & S4.

Except for the fact that even more people died this time keeping Diana and/or Kelly from their families.

RE: Meisner - from mercenary to friendly ghost - irukandji - 05-13-2017

(05-12-2017, 11:53 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: yes
meisner enjoyed torturing and brainwashing juliette. it seemed turning her into eve was his idea.

Scary, isn't it?