Grimm Forum
Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? (/Thread-Kelly-Burkhardt-Nick-s-mother-what-are-your-thoughts-about-her)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - WispyWillow - 05-05-2017

[Image: 285?cb=20140405052549][Image: 180?cb=20140406213730]
grimm wiki

RE: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - jsgrimm45 - 05-05-2017

Kelly was old school Grimm now was it always that way or only after her husband and friend was killed is the real question. Marie was more of a new school Grimm only going after the bad wesen.

Kelly had the power and used the Grimm power. For a time in season 5 I thought they made Eve to powerful, now looking back I wonder was the shock of losing Kelly keeping Nick off balance. So was Kelly lose the problem and we missed it?

RE: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-05-2017

(05-05-2017, 08:26 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Kelly was old school Grimm now was it always that way or only after her husband and friend was killed is the real question. Marie was more of a new school Grimm only going after the bad wesen.

Kelly had the power and used the Grimm power. For a time in season 5 I thought they made Eve to powerful, now looking back I wonder was the shock of losing Kelly keeping Nick off balance. So was Kelly lose the problem and we missed it?

I did not miss it.
Nick bought the loft because he was scared that baby Kelly (his only close blood relative) would be killed which affected all of season 5 and much of season 6.

RE: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - brandon - 05-05-2017

Too much secrets.

RE: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - irukandji - 05-05-2017

She was not a mother, just an egg donor and baby incubator.

RE: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - WispyWillow - 05-05-2017

(05-05-2017, 02:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: She was not a mother, just an egg donor and baby incubator.

she did raise him for 12 years. do you think nick and the others would have been better off without her returning /interference?

RE: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - irukandji - 05-05-2017

(05-05-2017, 03:06 PM)WispyWillow Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 02:59 PM)irukandji Wrote: She was not a mother, just an egg donor and baby incubator.

she did raise him for 12 years. do you think nick and the others would have been better off without her returning /interference?

Nick never spoke of her which leads me to believe she did not hold a high place in his life, much like Marie. I see the two women as very indifferent to him.

In my opinion, Nick would have been much much better without Kelly or Marie coming back. I can't figure out why he didn't tell both of them to get out. What nerve, coming back when the guy's in his 30s.

RE: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - speakeasy - 05-05-2017

Kelly was one of my favorite characters. She obviously loved Nick very much (as well as Marie, who raised him after Kelly HAD to go on the run to PROTECT Nick).

RE: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - Mrtrick - 05-05-2017

(05-05-2017, 03:14 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 03:06 PM)WispyWillow Wrote:

Nick never spoke of her which leads me to believe she did not hold a high place in his life, much like Marie. I see the two women as very indifferent to him.

In my opinion, Nick would have been much much better without Kelly or Marie coming back. I can't figure out why he didn't tell both of them to get out. What nerve, coming back when the guy's in his 30s.

Nick didn't talk about Kelly because it was a painful subject for him. Losing his Mom at twelve was deeply affecting. And he wasn't going to tell her to get out, because he was just so happy she was alive. As a family, they're quite stoic, so overt displays of emotion would be a bit out of character. They bury the feelings, which isn't necessarily healthy, but it's their way. If Nick is not forthcoming with the messy emotional stuff, it doesn't indicate it's absence. And both women did what they thought they needed to do in order to protect him. I'm sure they hoped he would remain unburdened by the Grimm life, so distancing themselves seemed the best option. If his powers had never come, I'm sure Nick would have never known the truth. He would have led a quiet life with Juliette, which is all Marie and Kelly would have wanted for him. Coming back once he became a Grimm, was out of love. They knew he would need their help and guidance, so despite the pain, they would rip off that emotional band-aid. If they didn't care, Marie and Kelly would have never shown their faces.

RE: Kelly Burkhardt (Nick's mother) - what are your thoughts about her? - Renardfan99 - 05-05-2017

Nick told his mother at the trailer that he could not judge her for her choices and that he wished he could have grown up with his Mom. Nick IMO forgave his mother and the two were on excellent terms and the show did not write anything to show that his feelings had changed.