Grimm Forum
Why Juliette should never be forgiven for her crimes - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why Juliette should never be forgiven for her crimes (/Thread-Why-Juliette-should-never-be-forgiven-for-her-crimes)

Why Juliette should never be forgiven for her crimes - Hexenadler - 05-04-2017

1) She violated Kelly Burkhardt's personal trust and sold her out to the Royals. This act of betrayal alone would earn anyone a thousand lifetimes in hell.

2) She informed Kenneth of all the residents in the neighboring households and allowed them to be slaughtered by the Verrat. Innocent people were KILLED that night alongside Kelly. (It should be noted this is one crime the writers refused to ever address again.)

3) She almost made Nick murder Monroe in cold blood, inside Monroe's OWN STORE.

4) She destroyed centuries' worth of irreplaceable artifacts and documents by torching Aunt Marie's trailer.

5) She psychologically dodged all of her guilt and responsibility by inventing a convenient persona to disappear behind. A ruthless, arrogant, dispassionate persona who slaughtered dozens of people we don't know about. Basically, if I were to rape a busload of schoolchildren, and then start calling myself "Dwayne," everybody would be okay with that. At least that's what David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf seem to think.

These issues were touched upon throughout seasons 5 and 6, but they were never fully resolved, simply because the writers couldn't be bothered. This is the ultimate indication of creative laziness and moral bankruptcy. They turned Juliette into a raving uberbitch who committed truly reprehensible sins, but weren't interested in following up on the consequences of her actions. After everything Juliette did, the only place she should have ended up was prison. Whether they like it or not, the writers made a statement by not incarcerating Juliette. That statement basically says anyone can get away scot-free with being an accomplice to murder if the circumstances are right.

If you defend their decisions, you're also defending ethical turpitude at its worst.

RE: Why Juliette should never be forgiven for her crimes - Devegs - 05-04-2017

(05-04-2017, 01:26 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: 1) She violated Kelly Burkhardt's personal trust and sold her out to the Royals. This act of betrayal alone would earn anyone a thousand lifetimes in hell.

2) She informed Kenneth of all the residents in the neighboring households and allowed them to be slaughtered by the Verrat. I[/i]nnocent people were KILLED that night alongside Kelly. (It should be noted this is one crime the writers refused to ever address again.)

3) She almost made Nick murder Monroe in cold blood, inside Monroe's OWN STORE.

4) She destroyed centuries' worth of irreplaceable artifacts and documents by torching Aunt Marie's trailer.

5) She psychologically dodged all of her guilt and responsibility by inventing a convenient persona to disappear behind. A ruthless, arrogant, dispassionate persona who slaughtered dozens of people we don't know about. Basically, if I were to rape a busload of schoolchildren, and then start calling myself "Dwayne," everybody would be okay with that. At least that's what David Greenwalt and Jim Kouf seem to think.

These issues were touched upon throughout seasons 5 and 6, but they were never fully resolved, simply because the writers couldn't be bothered. This is the ultimate indication of creative laziness and moral bankruptcy. They turned Juliette into a raving uberbitch who committed truly reprehensible sins, but weren't interested in following up on the consequences of her actions. After everything Juliette did, the only place she should have ended up was prison. Whether they like it or not, the writers made a statement by not incarcerating Juliette. That statement basically says anyone can get away scot-free with being an accomplice to murder if the circumstances are right.

If you defend their decisions, you're also defending ethical turpitude at its worst.

Nah, I don't buy this. I think you have it in for Juliette. It's personal for you. You just can't forgive the writers for ruining Juliette for you. Wink
Actually, you also have a thing for her.

RE: Why Juliette should never be forgiven for her crimes - brandon - 05-04-2017

I think the jury found her guilty of murder in 2nd grade- is this correct?- and conspiracy to commit a crime