Grimm Forum
Who was the most formidable royal? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Who was the most formidable royal? (/Thread-Who-was-the-most-formidable-royal)

Pages: 1 2

Who was the most formidable royal? - WispyWillow - 05-03-2017

The royals were behind a lot of strife in the series before vanishing in season 5

all the royal houses seemed in agreement about:
- trying to get the key
- sending different assassins after nick and marie
- trying to kill monroe
- turning nick into a zombie
- abducting nick and trying to take him out of the country

in season 3 and 4
trying to get diana was only about pleasing king frederick

RE: Who was the most formidable royal? - rpmaluki - 05-03-2017

I went with Viktor because outside of Sean, he had more presence that the others and I quite liked the actor from my Angel watching days.

RE: Who was the most formidable royal? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-03-2017

(05-03-2017, 01:53 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: The royals were behind a lot of strife in the series before vanishing in season 5

all the royal houses seemed in agreement about:
- trying to get the key
- sending different assassins after nick and marie
- trying to kill monroe
- turning nick into a zombie
- abducting nick and trying to take him out of the country

When did Nick or Sean deal with another royal family other than the House of Kronenberg?

RE: Who was the most formidable royal? - WispyWillow - 05-03-2017

Mia the royal who wanted to kill monroe.
Nick's abduction was agreed on by all the royal houses. not sure how turning him into a zombie was supposed to get them the key.

RE: Who was the most formidable royal? - Nicholas White - 05-03-2017

They all were about Even to me.

Sean with Adalind was a threat.
Eric with Zombie dude was a threat.
Victor with Adalind was a threat
Kenneth with Juilette was a threat

RE: Who was the most formidable royal? - MarylikesGrimm - 05-03-2017

(05-03-2017, 08:35 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: Mia the royal who wanted to kill monroe.
Nick's abduction was agreed on by all the royal houses. not sure how turning him into a zombie was supposed to get them the key.

Mia was likely not member of the House of Kronenberg since she is a former lover of Sean but we do not know what family she is from.

My understanding was the royals were not working together to get keys but fighting over them.

My understanding was turning Nick into zombie was Eric trying to steal Sean's pet Grimm and if he could not have him he would kill him. Sean blamed Eric 100% for what happen to Nick.

RE: Who was the most formidable royal? - izzy - 05-04-2017

Kenneth. The line in his Renard encounter cements it: If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead.

He stood toe to toe with both Renard and Nick and gave both of the plenty of trouble. Renard could clearly only beat him when transformed, every time he reverted to human form he got his ass handed to him.

And Kenneth obviously worried Nick. I think the fight between Kenneth and Nick was well choreographed (perhaps the best in the series), Nick looked excellent in it. But it does not escape me that Nick made sure he stacked the deck in his favor, having Kenneth patted down to insure he was weaponless while Nick brought a concealed weapon to the fight.

Too bad the series was stuck with the title: Grimm. I think the series would have been better off if they killed Nick off and the series continued with a Portland power struggle between Renard and Kenneth, both played by actors who were superior to David Giuntoli.

RE: Who was the most formidable royal? - irukandji - 05-04-2017

In my opinion, it's Renard all the way. He's involved in complex conspiracies but yet can show his soft father side to Diana. That's a powerful character.

RE: Who was the most formidable royal? - wesen - 09-19-2017

Kenneth. He achieved the task of taking Diana, and killing Nick's mother, by convincing Juliette to work with him.

RE: Who was the most formidable royal? - dicappatore - 09-19-2017

As much as I hated him, for me, Kenneth. He achieved more in a few episodes that the rest for 3 and a half seasons. And i don't give a hoot on how the law was bent on killing him.

The whole gang worked as a well rehearsed orchestra on how he was set up for getting Nick to do his "THANG"! Then, use his corpse to cover up for Sean/Jack murders. What does he get back in return from that back stabbing Sean? He gets screwed by him and his BC puppeteers.