Grimm Forum
Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. (/Thread-Accolades-for-Irukandji-Hexenadler-and-Newguy)

Pages: 1 2 3

Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - izzy - 04-24-2017

Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy.

Preface:
As someone who was academically trained in cultural anthropology but never engaged in it professionally but more of as an occasional avocation or hobby I keep my eye on cultural trends of various societies.

As I have mentioned previously, the purpose of a society is to enforce the mores and taboos of the culture and slow down the agents of change to assure they are beneficial and therefore increase the chance of survival in the long term for the members of the culture and society.
In today’s PC world the worthwhile course of the individual in the enforcement of the mores and taboos of the endemic culture has been greatly curtailed by institutionalize suppression.

Main Body:

That being said, I want to call attention to three prominent forum members whom through their posting history have stood steadfast in strong in their beliefs and reportedly defended their positions against a variety of attacks on not only their ideals but their person.

What I find more interesting is I repeatedly butted heads with two of the three, and yet I have grown to respect them and admire their dedication to their respective causes and the preservation of societal values.
  • Hexenadler for standing on principle and refusing to allow a television show to treat the subject of rape casually.
  • Newguy for upholding the traditional Judeo-Christian values this nations endemic culture is predicated upon.
  • Irukandji for standing up for the portrayal of the civilian police force and not allowing the tarnishment of their image to go unchallenged.
In the end, there are so many posters in this forum who have enlightened me on a variety of topics. I am a richer man for the experience. But I believe these three deserve special accolades because whether they knew it or not they have been exemplary stewards in performing their societal duty. I cannot thank them enough, for performance of what has become a thankless duty.

With deepest respect,

Izod

RE: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - speakeasy - 04-24-2017

They are all three very intelligent and informed and extremely fervent in defending their positions.

Unfortunately I disagree with each one of them down the line.

RE: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 04-24-2017

Izzy, in this list for myself I add you and jsgrimm45. What I miss most with the end of the show is our debates about many different themes around the episodes.
I know the forum is still active, but unfortunately I am not with as much time as would like to have to engage in the discussions.

Anyway, you guys gave the opportunity to expand my view about the show and by consequence about a lot of other subjects.

I am certainly being unfair with someone else since there many good other posters. But anyway thank you all for the opportunity.

RE: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - izzy - 04-24-2017

(04-24-2017, 06:28 PM)speakeasy Wrote: They are all three very intelligent and informed and extremely fervent in defending their positions.

Unfortunately I disagree with each one of them down the line.

Historically Newguy, Hexenadler and I bumped heads fairly severely. Though I may not agree with their positions they are bastions for important principles.

RE: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - Hexenadler - 04-24-2017

Thank you, izzy. This was a lovely surprise to find in the forum tonight.

I really can't think of anything else to say.

RE: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - irukandji - 04-24-2017

Thank you, izzy. What very nice praise indeed. I am in agreement with Adriano. Your name and his should be added to the list as well. As everyone knows, this forum can be vicious. You both have come to my aid many times and for that I am eternally grateful. It's also nice to find a kindred spirit who shares much of my admiration for the men in blue. That rarely happens.

I'd also like to offer kudos to Robyn, JSGrimm45, Hell Rell, and Speakeasy for their even keeled, level headed, and often creative approaches to the forum discussions. MarylikesGrimm, your research and contributions to the forum have been invaluable. Tara, Juliette, and Scully1987, I applaud your continued defense of Juliette's character. Just when I thought I've read it all, you manage to bring a fresh perspective into the debate.

I do not believe it's necessary that we all agree or disagree on subjects. For me, it's all about the diversity this forum represents. That we're free to make observations about characters and the series makes all of the difference.

While I would like to see the forum continue, I have a sad feeling our days here are numbered.

I know I've missed some posters as well, but offer a thank you to all for the interesting and lively debates.

RE: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - thecdn - 04-25-2017

(04-24-2017, 06:28 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Unfortunately I disagree with each one of them down the line.

Yeah, I'll agree with that statement.

And I hate statements like 'traditional Judeo-Christian values.' I'm an atheist and I'll put my values up against anyone. Considering the bible states your raped daughter should marry her rapist after paying dad x amount of money, describes where you can buy slaves from and how badly you are allowed to beat them, among other horrors - 'Judeo-Christian' doesn't impress me very much.

RE: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - speakeasy - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 01:14 PM)thecdn Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 06:28 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Unfortunately I disagree with each one of them down the line.

And I hate statements like 'traditional Judeo-Christian values.' I'm an atheist and I'll put my values up against anyone. Considering the bible states your raped daughter should marry her rapist after paying dad x amount of money, describes where you can buy slaves from and how badly you are allowed to beat them, among other horrors - 'Judeo-Christian' doesn't impress me very much.

My beliefs probably fall somewhere between yours and people of faith. I've stated many times they have my admiration; I'm unable to do more than to doubt in religious beliefs, but I am not fully convinced they are not correct. That statement goes for all of the world's great religions; but they have my respect.

My problem is that I am flexible in my tolerance and accept those whose lives are lived outside of the conventional with complete comfort.

Btw, that Old Testament is a bear. I prefer the more 'love thy neighbor' message of the New Testament.

RE: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - izzy - 04-25-2017

(04-25-2017, 01:14 PM)thecdn Wrote:

You do realized you just besmirched two people with a characterization that does not reflect their actual commentary in this forum?

RE: Accolades for Irukandji, Hexenadler, and Newguy. - brandon - 04-25-2017

That also happens with the muslims: that the young woman must marry her rapist. But it happens that no one believes the woman if she says she was raped: the word of man is worth more. Something happened here-Argentina- she was raped and then married to the guy, killed her the other day at her house.