Grimm Forum
Grimm the Review. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Grimm the Review. (/Thread-Grimm-the-Review)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Grimm the Review. - bart - 04-24-2017

Since now Grimm is over what is you feeling towards the show?

RE: Grimm the Review. - eric - 04-24-2017

Really enjoyed it, watched all the episodes, sorry it is gone, have all the DVD's and will binge watch them several times a year. One of my all time favorites.SadSadSad

RE: Grimm the Review. - rpmaluki - 04-24-2017

I love the show. It's not perfect but it was one of my favourites. I plan to have my first rewatch soon. I want it to continue in some format even if it's not a spinoff on TV.

RE: Grimm the Review. - Circe27 - 04-24-2017

I really enjoyed the show, I still wish they had a full 6th season. I wouldn't mind rewatching the series later on.

RE: Grimm the Review. - speakeasy - 04-24-2017

Loved, loved, luuurrved it; happy to have my DVD's to comfort me. Smile

RE: Grimm the Review. - Hexenadler - 04-24-2017

Not great, honestly. I watched an episode every fortnight or so, but the plot thread about Juliette's Hexenbiest transformation really got me hooked. I wanted to see Nick get into a relationship with a Wesen almost from day one, and I also wanted to see how Nick and Juliette could overcome their differences.

Then the writers took her story in a very depressing direction and completely trashed the romance they'd been building between Nick and Juliette from the start. After that, they confirmed their pro-rape stance by having Nick & Adalind make puppy eyes at each other, and the rest of the series went downhill from there.

RE: Grimm the Review. - thecdn - 04-24-2017

(04-24-2017, 08:46 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: After that, they confirmed their pro-rape stance by having Nick & Adalind make puppy eyes at each other, and the rest of the series went downhill from there.

Yes, the creators of a series on a major network in the 21st Century are pro-rape! Why didn't I realize that before?

It's bad enough people on this forum have taken a deceptive event that could not have happened in real life and have thrown the word rape around so much that it has lost it's true, horrible meaning.

But accusing the creators of being pro-rape? That's pathetic.

RE: Grimm the Review. - Hexenadler - 04-24-2017

(04-24-2017, 09:42 AM)thecdn Wrote: But accusing the creators of being pro-rape? That's pathetic.

I didn't say they did it intentionally per se, but they indirectly condoned it through their own creative laziness. When I asked one of the writers on twitter about whether or not we're expected to "get over" some of the morally problematic actions of their characters, he responded with this gif:

[Image: Colin-Farrell-Shrug-In-Bruges.gif]

That's the attitude of Grimm's entire writing staff, thecdn. They simply didn't care what they were basically implying when they decided to have Nick and Adalind fall in love. It's pure, unapologetic hackwork, and shame on you for defending it. I'm fully aware of the horror behind the word "rape," and I don't use it lightly at all. But like it or not, thecdn, it's what Adalind did. Read this article sometime (if you can make the effort) to see a better explanation why. I don't expect it to convince you; I'm sure you'll probably ignore it, or try to rationalize it with sophistry and double-talk. It's what everybody else has been doing.

http://www.fangsforthefantasy.com/2016/04/grimm-nick-adalind-and-rape-no-one.html

RE: Grimm the Review. - izzy - 04-24-2017

I actually have been working on an in-depth review, but briefly believe the show would have been well served if it had wrapped up at the end of Season 3. The first 3 seasons were very good, with season 4 starting the great decline, season 5 simply being asinine, and culminating with season 6 simply not being worth viewing.

However the first 3 seasons are highly recommended. It is just a shame the creative team did not end the series on high note and instead sullied their creation by allowing it to outlive the ability of the writers to create quality scripts.

RE: Grimm the Review. - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 04-24-2017

(04-24-2017, 11:41 AM)izzy Wrote: I actually have been working on an in-depth review, but briefly believe the show would have been well served if it had wrapped up at the end of Season 3. The first 3 seasons were very good, with season 4 starting the great decline, season 5 simply being asinine, and culminating with season 6 simply not being worth viewing.

However the first 3 seasons are highly recommended. It is just a shame the creative team did not end the series on high note and instead sullied their creation by allowing it to outlive the ability of the writers to create quality scripts.

I have just the same feeling.

I would add the base plot line (the wesen hided among us and the grimm being the only one able to see them) is a very good bases for a great story. I think the problem in the last seasons is that the writers got lost in a bunch of arcs about parallel topics forgetting this main one.
I would like to see the main mythology better explored in the show.