Grimm Forum
The stick burned Trubel's hand ...Why?? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: The stick burned Trubel's hand ...Why?? (/Thread-The-stick-burned-Trubel-s-hand-Why)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The stick burned Trubel's hand ...Why?? - irukandji - 07-13-2020

Not kid myself? I’m saying I tend to keep posting regardless of what is written, many do not. This is an example, if you are not responding to me, you are you taking to?

Grimm ended more than 3 years ago on NBC. Most people on wiki are non-Americans. Grimm season 6 did premiere on Netflix in most European countries in January 2019. I had to purchase the DVD to watch it. And to use your favorite statement: stop being so dramatic. I never said you were the main reason the numbers of visitors have declined. But you may also have noticed that you tend to get into an argument with most people over at wiki. You may have noticed how there is more activity on Grimm wiki than this forum and much more activity over at reddit. No one have asked you to stop posting. Just because I am traying to make the case that a little moderation could be of great benefit to all parties (even you, because it would create less conflict), does not mean my posting are “nothing more than an underhanded tactic”. And spare me the nonsense about “flip flopping”. I’ve said the same ting many, many times before. The last attempt at harmony ended when you started going on about me making accusations I never made. You are always innocent and everyone else is to blame for everything.

My post about racism had NOTING to do with Nick or Juliette or Renard or Monroe or Rosalee or Bud or Hank or Wu or any of the characters in Grimm, but this: “Helping them, by the way, with a problem they caused for themselves by deciding to get married and intermingle their species”. By posting the scripts from HIGHWAY OF TEARS you have proven that you understand the symbolism. Yet, you were clueless to why that post could be interpreted that way. Saying racism is a matter of belief does not help. Why don't you try reading my post? Before I mentioned Eve and Renard/BC, I specifically wrote: “What I am going to write now is not directly linked to my statement…”. Do you really think I just drew the racism card from the hat to attack you or make a storyline-point, and then put together an explanation afterwards?

Actually, yes I do think you just drew the race card to attack me, as preposterous as that seems. And, by the way, I do read your posts. You once had a problem with me not addressing all of your points, remember? 

Now back to the personal attack. Let me remind you of your post:

OMG! This storyline represented the struggle and assault on people living in interracial marriage. The story had clear references to KKK. To say Monroe and Rosalee had a “problem they caused for themselves by deciding to get married and intermingle their species” is truly assaulting and horrible. Reading this made my stomach turn.

Then there was this:

The statement can be interpreted as racism. Anyone can write something unintentional, but to be made aware of the interpretation and choose to take a defensive position is surprising. I am not the only one who would find that statement problematic.

I denied being a racist, but you continued with:

I never said you were, I said that post had some shocking statements that could be interpreted that way. I even suggested it was unintentional. My respond was no more stupid than the post which triggered it.

So when I asked you point blank what your point was, this is what I got:

If you want to know, and this is a problem I have with both your posting here and at wiki. You are so focused on your agenda that you forget most people just post because they like Grimm. When Chachanifa Wrote: “I agree. I wish Sean had said Miesner was following him as a ghost and leading him to the "right side" which he decided to be on in the end. I also wish on the last episode it showed Nick explaining to everyone what happened instead of Kelly writing it down. I want to see everyone's reactions haha”, you jump in with a tirade saying: “But then what happens when Sean apologizes? Does Nick step forward and state he apologizes for Juliette becoming a hexenbiest? Does Adalind apologize for raping Nick? Does Monroe apologize for continuing to look for a cure for Nick when Juliette encouraged him to hold off? Does Rosalee apologize for communicating to Juliette that her needs came before Juliette's when Nick decided to become a Grimm again? Does Juliette apologize to Adalind for assisting in kidnapping her baby? Does Nick apologize to Sean for jeopardizing his election”?  When I responded to that, the problematic statement about “married and intermingle their species” was brought up.

Then you continue with bringing up something which has entirely NOTHING to do with the racism card you drew, but some dreary post about arguments I get into with people over at wiki and here and how Reddit has much more activity and is oh soooooo peaceful because I'm not there. All that proves is that you apparently have much more time to spend on forums than I do since you know what's going on at Reddit and I don't. And in the end, so what?

You accused me of racism via a statement I made because YOU INTERPRETED IT THAT WAY. NO ONE ELSE, JUST YOU. When I came back and said I wasn't a racist, you didn't apologize and say YOU misinterpreted. Instead you rambled on and on once again about how the statement could be interpreted that way. DESPITE THE FACT I TOLD YOU I WASN'T RACIST. 

You bring up some kind of nonsense about unintentionally writing something like this. There was no unintentional about it. I wrote it. It's true. Monroe and Rosalee made their own decision to marry, knowing the dangers that could fall at that doorstep. But it had nothing to do with your fantasy dream of racism or your crusade about symbolism or even your statement about the dissenting arguments at wiki. It was all about Nick and Juliette. 

You act as though you're so objective and fair and weighing things out and try to perceive the poster's thoughts, but you don't do any of that. No matter what I said, you would continue with this rant for nothing more than to single my post out.

In point of fact, you should have stopped when I said I wasn't a racist. Anyone else would have. They would have then put two and two together and realized my post had nothing to do with that. Some might even put a blurb out there that they were wrong and gone on with the debate. But not you. You'll use 50 shades of different excuses instead of just being honest with yourself.

But it's really impossible for you to admit you made a mistake, isn't it?

RE: The stick burned Trubel's hand ...Why?? - N_grimm - 07-13-2020

(07-13-2020, 07:04 AM)irukandji Wrote: Not kid myself? I’m saying I tend to keep posting regardless of what is written, many do not. This is an example, if you are not responding to me, you are you taking to?

Grimm ended more than 3 years ago on NBC. Most people on wiki are non-Americans. Grimm season 6 did premiere on Netflix in most European countries in January 2019. I had to purchase the DVD to watch it. And to use your favorite statement: stop being so dramatic. I never said you were the main reason the numbers of visitors have declined. But you may also have noticed that you tend to get into an argument with most people over at wiki. You may have noticed how there is more activity on Grimm wiki than this forum and much more activity over at reddit. No one have asked you to stop posting. Just because I am traying to make the case that a little moderation could be of great benefit to all parties (even you, because it would create less conflict), does not mean my posting are “nothing more than an underhanded tactic”. And spare me the nonsense about “flip flopping”. I’ve said the same ting many, many times before. The last attempt at harmony ended when you started going on about me making accusations I never made. You are always innocent and everyone else is to blame for everything.

My post about racism had NOTING to do with Nick or Juliette or Renard or Monroe or Rosalee or Bud or Hank or Wu or any of the characters in Grimm, but this: “Helping them, by the way, with a problem they caused for themselves by deciding to get married and intermingle their species”. By posting the scripts from HIGHWAY OF TEARS you have proven that you understand the symbolism. Yet, you were clueless to why that post could be interpreted that way. Saying racism is a matter of belief does not help. Why don't you try reading my post? Before I mentioned Eve and Renard/BC, I specifically wrote: “What I am going to write now is not directly linked to my statement…”. Do you really think I just drew the racism card from the hat to attack you or make a storyline-point, and then put together an explanation afterwards?

Actually, yes I do think you just drew the race card to attack me, as preposterous as that seems. And, by the way, I do read your posts. You once had a problem with me not addressing all of your points, remember? 

OMG! This storyline represented the struggle and assault on people living in interracial marriage. The story had clear references to KKK. To say Monroe and Rosalee had a “problem they caused for themselves by deciding to get married and intermingle their species” is truly assaulting and horrible. Reading this made my stomach turn.

Then there was this:

The statement can be interpreted as racism. Anyone can write something unintentional, but to be made aware of the interpretation and choose to take a defensive position is surprising. I am not the only one who would find that statement problematic.

I never said you were, I said that post had some shocking statements that could be interpreted that way. I even suggested it was unintentional. My respond was no more stupid than the post which triggered it.

If you want to know, and this is a problem I have with both your posting here and at wiki. You are so focused on your agenda that you forget most people just post because they like Grimm. When Chachanifa Wrote: “I agree. I wish Sean had said Miesner was following him as a ghost and leading him to the "right side" which he decided to be on in the end. I also wish on the last episode it showed Nick explaining to everyone what happened instead of Kelly writing it down. I want to see everyone's reactions haha”, you jump in with a tirade saying: “But then what happens when Sean apologizes? Does Nick step forward and state he apologizes for Juliette becoming a hexenbiest? Does Adalind apologize for raping Nick? Does Monroe apologize for continuing to look for a cure for Nick when Juliette encouraged him to hold off? Does Rosalee apologize for communicating to Juliette that her needs came before Juliette's when Nick decided to become a Grimm again? Does Juliette apologize to Adalind for assisting in kidnapping her baby? Does Nick apologize to Sean for jeopardizing his election”?  When I responded to that, the problematic statement about “married and intermingle their species” was brought up.

Then you continue with bringing up something which has entirely NOTHING to do with the racism card you drew, but some dreary post about arguments I get into with people over at wiki and here and how Reddit has much more activity and is oh soooooo peaceful because I'm not there. All that proves is that you apparently have much more time to spend on forums than I do since you know what's going on at Reddit and I don't. And in the end, so what?

You accused me of racism via a statement I made because YOU INTERPRETED IT THAT WAY. NO ONE ELSE, JUST YOU. When I came back and said I wasn't a racist, you didn't apologize and say YOU misinterpreted. Instead you rambled on and on once again about how the statement could be interpreted that way. DESPITE THE FACT I TOLD YOU I WASN'T RACIST. 

You bring up some kind of nonsense about unintentionally writing something like this. There was no unintentional about it. I wrote it. It's true. Monroe and Rosalee made their own decision to marry, knowing the dangers that could fall at that doorstep. But it had nothing to do with your fantasy dream of racism or your crusade about symbolism or even your statement about the dissenting arguments at wiki. It was all about Nick and Juliette. 

You act as though you're so objective and fair and weighing things out and try to perceive the poster's thoughts, but you don't do any of that. No matter what I said, you would continue with this rant for nothing more than to single my post out.

In point of fact, you should have stopped when I said I wasn't a racist. Anyone else would have. They would have then put two and two together and realized my post had nothing to do with that. Some might even put a blurb out there that they were wrong and gone on with the debate. But not you. You'll use 50 shades of different excuses instead of just being honest with yourself.

I challenge anyone to read that statement and explain HOW EXCATLY it can NOT be given a racist interpretation: “a problem they caused for themselves by deciding to get married and intermingle their species”.
You yourself have given non, except to say you are not a racist. I never said you were, so that was NEVER the issue. I am obviously not going to be bullied into apologizing for reacting to something like that. Yes, it is preposterous, and to say that being insulted by a statement you made is “a mistake” is even more!

RE: The stick burned Trubel's hand ...Why?? - irukandji - 07-13-2020

And I counter with these:

Why, when I state I am not racist, do you continue with this tirade? A tirade which is completely negated by my statement. 

Second, you never disclosed the real point of all of this, despite being questioned. 

Third, bullying you into apologizing? That would be the day.

Fourth, you make a statement that my post contains racism but then state you're not calling me a racist. A person tells a lie, they are a liar. A person cheats, they're a cheater. It's the same thought process. Stop splitting hairs.

Fifth, poll away. It makes no difference. I already stated the intent of my post. It's you who refuses to believe it.

RE: The stick burned Trubel's hand ...Why?? - dicappatore - 07-30-2020

(07-13-2020, 07:49 AM)N_grimm Wrote:
(07-13-2020, 07:04 AM)irukandji Wrote: Not kid myself? I’m saying I tend to keep posting regardless of what is written, many do not. This is an example, if you are not responding to me, you are you taking to?

Then there was this:

I challenge anyone to read that statement and explain HOW EXCATLY it can NOT be given a racist interpretation: “a problem they caused for themselves by deciding to get married and intermingle their species”.
You yourself have given non, except to say you are not a racist. I never said you were, so that was NEVER the issue. I am obviously not going to be bullied into apologizing for reacting to something like that. Yes, it is preposterous, and to say that being insulted by a statement you made is “a mistake” is even more!
Dude, why are you still wasting your time on this loony tune?  Talk about getting off the subject.  How the flock did a conversation about "The Stick" that burned Trubel's hand ended up about racism.  This is what happens when the all seeing follows the blind down the rabbit hole. 

As for the answer to this question of this tread.  The simple truth to describe the ending arc of the Zerstorer?  It was all played in Nick's head while he was in "The Other Place".  Zerstorer never came to Portland.  He never killed off the scobies or the whole precinct.  It was all a forced vision, played out in Nick's head.  That is why there was no need for him to revive anyone when he came back to his reality, trough the mirror, with the "Completed  Stick".  

As for Truble's hand getting burned?  Well, like I said.  It was all a forced fantasy/nightmare, in his mind.  Nick was seeing/directing his reactions to the situations Zerstorer was creating in his mind.  He didn't want Trubel to have it, so he decided the stick to burn her.  Remember, she ran with the stick for a good many yards, before it started to burn her. 

Or just add another screw-up by the creative team to add to a new tread I started at:

https://grimmforum.com/forum/Thread-Did-the-creative-team-screwed-up-the-key-the-Adalind-getting-backe-her-Hex-arcs