Grimm Forum
S6E13 - The End - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E13 - The End (/Thread-S6E13-The-End)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S6E13 - The End - speakeasy - 04-01-2017

I don't get it, just don't get it. If Kelly and Marie warned that it would take the One Grimm blood to defeat Mr. Universe, and to guard the staff well because it gave Nick to power to kill him (AND saved the world from a future of pain and oppression). Then why is the staff in the weapons cabinet and not in Nick's keeping. I think he's dead. And Sean and Adalind are the parents mentioned in the last scene. And Kelly is writing a tribute to his Dad in the book of Grimms. Now I'll never know if Z and D's first born would have had one green eye and one purple.

Plus I believe the other world is gone now because of the "cat in the box with poison" reality challenge. They opened the box and so we know Z's world is no more.

Wasn't so crazy about the ending. But it was a fairy tale ending; as has been mentioned already, with everybody living happily ever after as its big fat theme. Meanwhile I am struggling with the logistics of how Nick worked with the staff to bend time and events; going to watch again.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Hexenadler - 04-01-2017

Everybody lived happily ever after...except for all the people who got killed on the way. Like Nick's neighbors.

But who cares? Nick's marrying his rapist! Juliette's getting away with being an accessory to murder! Wu's still a caveman! Happy happy happy happy!

RE: S6E13 - The End - MarylikesGrimm - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 12:16 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Everybody lived happily ever after...except for all the people who got killed on the way. Like Nick's neighbors.

But who cares? Nick's marrying his rapist! Juliette's getting away with being an accessory to murder! Wu's still a caveman! Happy happy happy happy!

Where was it shown that Adalind and Nick were getting married?

RE: S6E13 - The End - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 11:44 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Then why is the staff in the weapons cabinet and not in Nick's keeping.

Because it doesn't really need "keeping." It keeps itself.

We saw that the staff only serves one owner at a time (possibly, one owner at a time plus Diana, since she was able to handle the stick). Rosalee tried to use it against Z and it killed her. Monroe tried to pull it away from Rosalee and it killed him. Only after Z was killed could Nick safely handle it. Until he decided to give it away it would always be his even if he wasn't holding it, and for anyone who tried to take it without his blessing would be its own boobytrap.

(04-01-2017, 11:44 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Meanwhile I am struggling with the logistics of how Nick worked with the staff to bend time and events; going to watch again.

I don't think Nick worked with the staff at all. When he realized he could use the staff to "bring them all back to life," and picked it up, it took him literally and acted to give that to him.

From his reaction when he saw that Sean had also been restored, I'd guess Nick hadn't actually given any conscious thought to bringing him back.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Kathryn Wooten - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 12:50 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(04-01-2017, 11:44 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Then why is the staff in the weapons cabinet and not in Nick's keeping.

Because it doesn't really need "keeping." It keeps itself.

We saw that the staff only serves one owner at a time (possibly, one owner at a time plus Diana, since she was able to handle the stick). Rosalee tried to use it against Z and it killed her. Monroe tried to pull it away from Rosalee and it killed him. Only after Z was killed could Nick safely handle it. Until he decided to give it away it would always be his even if he wasn't holding it, and for anyone who tried to take it without his blessing would be its own boobytrap.

(04-01-2017, 11:44 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Meanwhile I am struggling with the logistics of how Nick worked with the staff to bend time and events; going to watch again.

I don't think Nick worked with the staff at all. When he realized he could use the staff to "bring them all back to life," and picked it up, it took him literally and acted to give that to him.

From his reaction when he saw that Sean had also been restored, I'd guess Nick hadn't actually given any conscious thought to bringing him back.

I think the power of the staff undid the death..when Z died it automatically open up the portal to the timer Nick and Eve went through the portal.. and what Nick felt against Renard went out the window trthat he had him protect his child and Adalind.....Nick seemed releaved Renard said he was okay

RE: S6E13 - The End - Hexenadler - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 12:25 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Where was it shown that Adalind and Nick were getting married?

Oh, come on. Nick and Adalind have done everything besides sit in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Adalind said she loves Nick. Nick said he loved Adalind. If season seven had been greenlit, this is exactly where they would have taken the characters.

RE: S6E13 - The End - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 01:22 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: I think the power of the staff undid the death..when Z died it automatically open up the portal to the timer Nick and Eve went through the portal.. and what Nick felt against Renard went out the window trthat he had him protect his child and Adalind.....Nick seemed releaved Renard said he was okay

I don't think Nick was disappointed that Renard was alive, I just don't think he consciously thought much about bringing him back, except as part of "all."

RE: S6E13 - The End - Mrtrick - 04-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 12:16 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Everybody lived happily ever after...except for all the people who got killed on the way. Like Nick's neighbors.

Wow..What did you want everyone to do at the end? Slit their wrists? They can't really do anything but move forward in their lives. The other option is to wallow in misery and regret. It's hard to keep fighting the good fight if you're bogged down by the past. Wu is dealing with his situation. It won't be easy, but he'll adapt with the help of his friends. Juliette may be an accessory to murder, but if Nick can forgive her, it's nobody else's business. And every day she works to atone for mistakes. Her choice was purpose over happiness and it's a noble one. Lastly, the whole idea that Adalind raped Nick is ludicrous. Leaving out the desperate situation that pushed Adalind into pretending to be Juliette, doesn't rape actually require one party to feel that they were a victim of such an act. Nick never looked at it this way. His greatest concern was how it made Juliette feel. Perhaps it's an example of male compartmentalization. We don't attach the same emotional heft to sex that women do. The act is one thing and the feelings are another. I'm sure Nick was just glad to be having sex in general. If anything, he felt guilty afterwards for enjoying it and not noticing a difference. But he felt no personal physical violation because the act was the act and nothing more.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Scully1987 - 04-01-2017

Everyone has a different view. I actually don't want to interfere here but I belong to the ones who say it was "rape" and I believe "at that time" Nick would never say "Yes" to sleep with Adalind. Nick would have say "No" If he had known it was not Juliette. So in my opinion it was rape. And again everyone has a different view on that subject.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Renardfan99 - 04-01-2017

(03-31-2017, 06:55 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: So they depowered Juliette, and then repowered her? What the hell was the point of that?

It was so dumb. I think the writers wanted to make Adalind and Juliette both on the same level as hexenbiest. Eh. Juliette should be dead, IMO.

Sigh. I was hoping Juliette and Trubel bit the big one. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.