Grimm Forum
S6E13 - The End - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E13 - The End (/Thread-S6E13-The-End)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S6E13 - The End - irukandji - 09-17-2018

(09-16-2018, 09:20 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Running into that situation again and again is probably why by the end of S04 he evolved to the point where he could have Kenneth abducted by Wu so he could challenge him to a deathmatch. But in S01 he was nowhere near to being able to do that.

If that's the case, then how was it Nick could easily kill wesen who turned on him? He didn't wait until season four to kill.

RE: S6E13 - The End - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-17-2018

Because they were trying to kill him. Were you really not paying attention to the part where deadly force is used in the event of an immediate threat?

RE: S6E13 - The End - dicappatore - 09-17-2018

It is amazing how someone that has hardly any clue about the main character ans its supporting ensemble and what they did on the TV Show Grimm. Yet, know so much about a minor character, such as Marie, that "WE" only saw in a few episodes and mentioned in a few other out of the 123 total episodes that were broadcasted.

Makes one wonder if we have a member of the creative team incognito on this forum, since they have so much background knowledge of such a minor character. BTW, I have this cheap bridge, in Brooklyn to sell.

Is it: insight

Definition of insight

1 : the power or act of seeing into a situation : penetration
2 : the act or result of apprehending the inner nature of things or of seeing intuitively

Or: delusion

Definition of delusion

1a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated under the delusion that they will finish on schedule delusions of grandeur

b psychology : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary the delusion that someone was out to hurt him also : the abnormal state marked by such beliefs

2 : the act of tricking or deceiving someone : the state of being deluded … accused the Bohemian of having practiced the most abominable arts of delusion among the younger brethren. —Walter Scott

YOU DECIDE!

(09-17-2018, 05:40 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Because they were trying to kill him. Were you really not paying attention to the part where deadly force is used in the event of an immediate threat?

Are you really so naive that you believe the only way policemen can deal with the threat of deadly force is to kill the assailant? And why is this even coming up? I was talking about Nick's hypocritical attitude toward Adalind and how I felt he should have killed her years ago because of the things she did. You're bringing up LEO's and the appropriateness of deadly force.

And in reality, none of this had anything to do with my question in the first place, which asked why didn't Nick convince Diana and Kelly to join the Portland PD. I'm not shirking the blame, I went along with it, but I would really be interested in talking about that.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Hell Rell - 09-17-2018

A lot of posters here, including myself, think what Nick did with Kenneth was wrong despite him just leaving his mother's head in a box. I can understand Nick wanting to kill Adalind, which he fully intended to do when she poisoned Hank, but didn't because that wouldn't save Hank. He would've definitely killed Adalind if that was the price to save Hank. Nick let her go after killing her Hexenbiest because she was nothing more than a defenseless woman at that point.

Other than Kenneth, Nick only killed when he felt it was absolutely necessary because his survival or others depended on it. Adalind did pose a threat but not an imminent one. There wasn't a situation outside of those instances already mentioned where killing her would be justified.

Nick started out trying to be more cop than Grimm, which is why LEO standards are appropriate for this subject. 20 years after Z, we have no idea if he still is on that job anymore. The whole family could be a band of marichausse working on retainer for a new wesen council.

If Nick started out trying to be more cop than grimm, he'd have never accepted Marie's sad story of the grimm legacy. He'd have been too street wise and smart for that.

(09-17-2018, 11:40 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Other than Kenneth, Nick only killed when he felt it was absolutely necessary because his survival or others depended on it.

I don't really agree with this because of a few things. First of all, as I said before, Nick isn't a rookie cop who just happened to freak outand shoot someone coming toward him. Cops are trained to shoot only as a last resort. What I have seen in grimm is that Nick doesn't use deadly force as a last resort. He just uses it period.

I've been watching Person of Interest on Netflix and John was a born killer. Yet there are often times where deadly force is imminent and instead of killing, he shoots his would be assailants in the knee.

Nick could have easily used this tactic or maybe the smart thing to do would have been to perhaps emply the use of Hank in these so called deadly situations.

This brings me to my next point which is Nick's effect on wesen. There is no doubt in my mind that Nick takes some pleasure in the fact that wesen freak out once they find him to be a grimm. If Nick were merely a human, would the wesen actually freak out or come along peacefully?

LEOs are trained never to fire their weapons in attempts to "just wound." The reason firing a weapon is always supposed to be a last resort is because it's always supposed to be a kill shot.

Only TV and movie cops shoot to wound, shoot out tires, shoot guns out of peoples' hands, etc., and real LEOs hate it when that happens because it causes people to think they could do that too. Granted, Nick is a TV cop, but isn't he already doing enough to tick off any real life LEOs in the audience?

(09-17-2018, 06:44 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: LEOs are trained never to fire their weapons in attempts to "just wound." The reason firing a weapon is always supposed to be a last resort is because it's always supposed to be a kill shot.

No one said they were. But they are trained to deal with deadly force in other ways than shrugging, brandishing their pistol, and pulling the trigger.

Quote:Only TV and movie cops shoot to wound, shoot out tires, shoot guns out of peoples' hands, etc., and real LEOs hate it when that happens because it causes people to think they could do that too. Granted, Nick is a TV cop, but isn't he already doing enough to tick off any real life LEOs in the audience?

Actually the ones I know don't really get ticked over things like that. That's more of a laughable thing to them. What they do hate are the corrupt cops who break the rules and at the same time believe themselves to be honorable servants to the public.

The show established early on that criminal wesen who realize that Nick is a grimm react in one of two ways. They either surrender and beg him not to kill them or they go full woge and go for the kill. Yes, Nick and Hank, like most TV cops, drew their weapons way too often compared to real cops. But once a wesen who had a gun pointed at him went full woge and started charging, that was pretty much an obvious sign that the writers were painting Nick into the deadly force corner.