Grimm Forum
S6E13 - The End - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E13 - The End (/Thread-S6E13-The-End)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S6E13 - The End - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-31-2017

The only part of this that was really needed to make the episode a series finale was the epilog. They could have dispensed with the entire Zerstorer arc and tacked that epilog onto the end of any story.

RE: S6E13 - The End - syscrash - 03-31-2017

They brought back Nick mom and his aunt. That was a really nice touch. Kelly and Diana fighting together with the triplets was another good ending. I also found it interesting how they did not give any indication to how Nick, Adalind, Sean or Eve relationship ended.
Also known of them except Nick and Diana have any idea of the sacrifices each one made, especially Sean. But watching the older Kelly writing the story down indicates Nick has told them all exactly what happened.

It now makes sense why the cast liked the way the show ended. It was a perfect way to end the show. They each got to do an emotional death scene. It was like they each had their chance to say good bye to the viewers. After all that has happened to Eve. I really like Eve's last words where her not having any regrets. Plus the last thing Nick did was hold her dying body and call her Juliette. It was also emotional his holding Adalind and removing the ring. Out of six season the move Adalind did to take the ax was the best example of her as a hexenbiest there has been. That was a really good signature scene.

So Trubel is a cousin on his mothers side. The fact that they are connected explains why Trubel was drawn to Portland and Nick. That was a really good wrap up for that story line. If I had one thing I would have changed. Monroe and Rosalee would have been holding hands as they where dying. Their last words would have been i love you.

Was the rewind sappy. Yes it was. But they did not have enough time to do it any other way. Plus it served as a good curtain call scene. I am sure they shot it before all the death scenes. If you notice the death scenes followed the order of when each actor did their final shoot. I bet the last thing filmed was the scene with Nick, Trubel, Kelly and Mari. I would bet the other did not even get the see them on set. I am sure they where at the wrap party.

With a lot of shows you are left if wondering what the future holds. You wonder did the characters learn anything. This ending does not leave you with that kind of feeling. Sure their is a curiosity. But it is not enough to want to watch another season to answer the question. I would be satisfied with the writers do and epilogue interview about where the adults ended up.

To me all in all I give the writers a 10 for creating one heck of a ride. Good job guys. I my self will watch this show several time. Might skip through season 2, was not may favorite. But the others had some really good episodes. I will also be getting the box set in June. Would like to see the deleted scenes and directors commentary.

RE: S6E13 - The End - GrimmenBeast - 03-31-2017

Episode was great. Finally writers have showed us true powers of Grimms' and their advantages over any evil, whether it's Hexenbiest or Devilish monster. But i think they took Zestorer down too easily, It's understanding that Grimm is very powerful against evil but 2 Grimm's winning fight against Devil so easily was just not interesting at all, It was hilarious when they were beating it like punching bag, but when they cut it's hand off it was just annoying, It should've at least regenerated.
I think they could've made episode even way better if they showed us 7 Crusader Grimm's (Maybe Meisner was one of them) and The first Grimm fighting together against Zestorer, Or if they made Zestorer more powerful and introduced someone equal to it in power, for example, Archangel.
The ending was still awesome, showing Diana and Kelly continue "family business" (Supernatural much huh? Big Grin), Now since they have all the power in hand they could kill all the evil. They could've made show better if they showed powers of full staff, If it really is unstoppable, I'm guessing that it grants it's bounder at least a lower-tier nigh-omnipotence.
They should've showed us the whole situation finally, For example, Nick and Adalind marrying, Monroe and Rosalee having son, And whole Grimm team standing up against the rest of evil.

RE: S6E13 - The End - syscrash - 04-01-2017

Here is something interesting at the end Kelly says some will think it is a fairy tale. Remember Nick is not the only one that knows what happened. Diana knows the whole story.Diana and Nick are the only characters that remember the reset. I speculated that is because these are the only two that did not die. Kelly was there but to young to remember. Even though Zestorer brought Trubel back she did die.
Since we saw Nicks mother and aunt. Trubel could have been the same, not really there.

Here is the kicker. Nick went through the portal, so how does Diana remember a point in time that for everyone else has not happened. But then Diana has the ability to see beyond time and space. She could see into the other world yet had never been there. She could tell Zestorer was coming and what he wanted before he got there.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Dylsh - 04-01-2017

It's almost like Diana knew nick would defeat big Z. I personally cried when Rosalee died just due to the fact the expression on Munroe's face was a brilliant episode to end of an amazing series live to see a spin off with Kelly and Diana going off and showcasing all the different wesen !!!THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING ???

I see Diana aligning with Zerstorer and her ambivalence to everyone dying an example of my previous observation. As I have said before Diana is not a child. Thus she does not act or react like a child. This is just another example of Diana working on logic and not emotions. This is not the first time her benefactors have been under attack and she has done nothing. Why would you expect her to be different this time. Is it because they are her parents. They took her from Adalind once before and she said nothing. That proves being a parent does not change how she sees things.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Robyn - 04-01-2017

If Nick and Juliette crashing through the mirror at the end was supposed to signal a time reset, I totally misunderstood what was happening. I thought Nick & Juliette were in the other world the entire time, and Zerstorer was showing Nick the future as it would be and as it could be. In reality, while Nick was battling Zerstorer and watching friends die, the others were still waiting for Nick & Juliette to return. Zerstorer would have crossed into Nick’s world after getting the final piece of the staff.

As for Diana’s behavior, I think what appeared be an about turn was Zerstorer making Nick believe Diana would chose him over her parents. And G&K using characters as props and deceptions.

The problem with it being an illusion in Nick mind. Diana made several statement that indicate she was there. We know she never went to the other side. I see that as the one piece the writers added encase people thought it might be a dream. On top of the a number of interview said they play with time. None talk about it being a dream.

Quote:As for Diana’s behavior, I think what appeared be an about turn was Zerstorer making Nick believe Diana would chose him over her parents. And G&K using characters as props and deceptions.
Diana attitude this time was no different then Kelly taking Diana, The Royals taking Diana from Kelly, HW and Meisner taking Diana from the Royals, BC taking Diana from HW. In each case Diana showed no objections or put up any resistance. She was totally ambivalent to what was going on. So if you have four other examples that where not deceptions. Why would this one need to be a deception.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Robyn - 04-01-2017

Diana was aware of the other place and skull face before she overheard the others talking about them. Considering her intuitive ability, it’s not abnormal for her have an understanding of what had happened once Nick & Juliette actually returned. I think you're locked into the idea that Diana is exactly as she was before, incapable of growing and changing in her new environment. Plus, we have to take into consideration G & K's intent to form a bond between Nick and Diana.

If time was reset to the exact moment Nick & Juliette returned in the prior episode, Zerstörer would still be alive. The only change would be Nick’s knowledge of what would happen to everyone in his path.

Kelly and Marie explained it to Nick, Zerstörer never wanted anything other than the stick, but Nick had to give it willingly. I don’t have a theory as to whether Kelly and Marie physically intervened or were only in Nick’s subconscious, but I do believe Nick was prepared to hand over the stick, and when he did Zerstörer would then have the power to cross over and rule this realm.

Everything that happened the second Nick went through the mirror was part of the nightmare fantasy orchestrated by Zerstörer, starting with the stick falling to floor in this world and Diana saying it didn’t belong there.

Juliette, Nick, and the stick were in the other world. If the stick didn’t go to the other world with Nick and complete the staff, when time reset to Nick & Juliette returning, the stick would have been in this world, not Nick's pocket, and the incomplete staff would still be in the other world. The complete staff was in the living room because Nick defeated Zerstörer and completed the staff before returning to this world.

RE: S6E13 - The End - rpmaluki - 04-01-2017

Going back to poison/box/cat theory, Zerstörer killing everyone was the the dead cat reality. Nick and Eve crossing through the mirror bringing Zerstörer eliminated the possibility of the other reality. We've seen the stick act almost like it was sentient, having a mind of its own and still doing what Nick wanted it to do but in its own way (fudging with Eve's hexenbiest). This episode was no different, except for when Nick wanted to heal his friends. Perhaps the stick was the weaker of the two pieces and couldn't heal and it wanted to be joined to the bigger staff and thus refused to let anyone hold the stick except Nick.

Zerstörer wanted Diana as a child bride but he wanted the stick as well. He realised that to get what he wanted he would have to kill everybody and lastly use Kelly as leverage. He couldn't take the stick since it bonded to Nick, maybe because he was the first one to touch it after the staff was broken into pieces hundreds of years ago. He made Nick desperate enough to want to give him the stick. Luckily (MVP) Trubel bought Nick enough time for his mom and aunt to talk sense into him. Once the stick was complete and in Nick's possession, he killed Zerstörer and realised he could bring everyone back. The thing that's interesting is that the portal didn't open immediately after Zerstörer's death, it was only after Nick wanted his loved ones alive again. Just like before with the stick following Nick's command/desire to heal, the staff did as Nick wanted but not like we'd expect by simply raising the dead. The staff reset the time back to the moment the "box" was opened/Nick and Eve crossing over and changed the reality from a dead cat (dead loved ones and Renard) to a live cat (everyone didn't die including the cops at Nick's precinct). Nick gets what he wants with Eve's hexenbiest being back as a bonus (Eve did miss it) and the removal of the ring stuck between the original reality and now the new one.

Back to Diana going with Z, it was probably her being under Zerstörer control, the writers explained it as much because it wouldn't make sense for her to be completely passive about her parents' deaths (they could have written this part better but that's a topic for another day). Diana had been genuinely afraid of Zerstörer and she says as much after he's dead. I like that Nick and Diana are the only two people that know how differently things went so it wasn't a dream or some sort of fake out, it really did happen.