Grimm Forum
S6E13 - The End - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E13 - The End (/Thread-S6E13-The-End)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S6E13 - The End - irukandji - 09-14-2018

In what ways was Nick incumbered as a police officer and a grimm?

RE: S6E13 - The End - irukandji - 09-15-2018

(09-14-2018, 06:53 AM)eric Wrote: I don't see a major advantage to a Grimm on being a police officer. Marie was a libarian and very famous. Cops have to spend tii much time spent on paperwork, people might say "some cop came by", always having to lie about what they did when they offed the Wessen. Of course, it would be useful to have inside info on suspicious crimes, say like Lt Wu(I assume promotions). If they have other jobs there is less connection between the deceased and the carpet cleaning man/woman-who don't have to explain why they weren't working some other crime. We don't know what other kinds of wessen there are, some might be very powerful but in another state. Maybe BC will stage a comeback and require the full time attention of a hex, Grimm, and three assistants.

There is somewhat of a difference here. It appears Marie deliberately and methodically sought out wesen communities and destroyed all of the wesen within the community, not just the bad ones. She would have had to. She had no information highway like Nick does.

RE: S6E13 - The End - eric - 09-15-2018

(09-15-2018, 07:50 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 06:53 AM)eric Wrote: I don't see a major advantage to a Grimm on being a police officer. Marie was a libarian and very famous. Cops have to spend tii much time spent on paperwork, people might say "some cop came by", always having to lie about what they did when they offed the Wessen. Of course, it would be useful to have inside info on suspicious crimes, say like Lt Wu(I assume promotions). If they have other jobs there is less connection between the deceased and the carpet cleaning man/woman-who don't have to explain why they weren't working some other crime. We don't know what other kinds of wessen there are, some might be very powerful but in another state. Maybe BC will stage a comeback and require the full time attention of a hex, Grimm, and three assistants.

There is somewhat of a difference here. It appears Marie deliberately and methodically sought out wesen communities and destroyed all of the wesen within the community, not just the bad ones. She would have had to. She had no information highway like Nick does.
Marie told Nick to search out and kill the BAD wessen, not ALL wessen. Kelly was in the loop about Reapers, maybe Marie had her own network, possibly wessen who owed her a favor, like Bud did to Nick.

RE: S6E13 - The End - FaceInTheCrowd - 09-15-2018

Marie was going to marry a wesen, and according to him, both their families were unhappy about it. So she was plugged into at least that large a network.

(09-15-2018, 11:59 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Marie was going to marry a wesen, and according to him, both their families were unhappy about it. So she was plugged into at least that large a network.

The words, "Marie was going to marry a wesen" are far different than "Marie married a wesen". Aside from that, how does that prove that she lived up to her own words of hunting bad wesen only? All I see it proving is that she's a hypocrite because being with Farley was what *she* wanted, not for the good of humanity. I don't recall Farley being a shining example of a good wesen.

It's much like Nick. He waffled back and forth with Adalind and she *was* an evil wesen, not just once or twice but for years. He should have killed her when she poisoned Juliette. He's just as hypocritical as Marie is.

It shows that she didn't necessarily kill every wesen she encountered on sight, and that she was capable of relating to at least some wesen on a non-hostile basis. You can't do that without making some distinction between the wesen you hunt down and kill and the ones you don't.

Nick in S01 had a definite block against killing people in cold blood who weren't presenting an immediate threat. He did eventually seem to get over that, though.

(09-15-2018, 02:22 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It shows that she didn't necessarily kill every wesen she encountered on sight, and that she was capable of relating to at least some wesen on a non-hostile basis. You can't do that without making some distinction between the wesen you hunt down and kill and the ones you don't.

The only wesen we know for sure that Marie saved was Farley. The only one I know of who ever assumed all wesen were good until he saw otherwise was Bud. Farley was not even close to Bud. In my opinion, Marie's affection for Farley was a selfish motive, not an altruistic one. I often wonder if perhaps while she was in the hospital, it was wesen who treated her cancer and did what they could for her and that's the message she wanted to pass on to Nick if she found that he had become a grimm.

(09-15-2018, 02:22 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick in S01 had a definite block against killing people in cold blood who weren't presenting an immediate threat. He did eventually seem to get over that, though.

Nick had no problem killing wesen if he felt they were a threat. Letting Adalind live over and over and over again just showed what a hypocrite he was.

A "threat" is someone who's about to kill you in the next few seconds, not someone who's likely to try it again someday. That's "Cop 101," and thankfully most real cops get that.

I don't recall it ever being said that Marie "saved" Farley. Only that the two of them were going to get married. Which at least implies that Marie wasn't expecting to kill any of his immediate family, even if they didn't approve of the marriage.

Once again, the mere fact that Marie was capable of perceiving some wesen as not candidates for extermination had to mean that she was able to distinguish between wesen she saw as "bad ones" and ones she didn't. Her reasons for making such distinctions are irrelevant.

RE: S6E13 - The End - irukandji - 09-16-2018

I'll pose this a different way. Marie had a reputation as a vicious grimm who killed wesen. That's it, no sugar coating. How she met Farley is a mystery, but we know that she fell in love with him and they planned on being married. Is this the point where it dawned on Marie that she herself should only hunt bad wesen and let the others live? I don't think so. Otherwise she'd have been talking to her sister about this new revelation *just like she talked to Nick*.

You're saying Marie wasn't expecting to kill Farley's immediate family, even if they didn't approve of the marriage. I'm saying she was never expecting to meet his intended family because Farley himself wouldn't permit it. He loved Marie but I don't see him as stupid enough to invite her to meet all of them. In short, he didn't trust her. I think he warned them off and never told her where they could be found.

And even if he didn't and said she was the kindest, most loving woman in the world, is it really feasible that his people would be of the same mindframe as he was? Not likely.

Aside from that, if Marie had really had that big of a change of heart, I'm wondering why Farley never mentioned it to Nick. This isn't some minor change. According to how the series portrays grimms, something like that would be a big deal.

RE: S6E13 - The End - eric - 09-16-2018

(09-15-2018, 10:50 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 02:22 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It shows that she didn't necessarily kill every wesen she encountered on sight, and that she was capable of relating to at least some wesen on a non-hostile basis. You can't do that without making some distinction between the wesen you hunt down and kill and the ones you don't.

The only wesen we know for sure that Marie saved was Farley. The only one I know of who ever assumed all wesen were good until he saw otherwise was Bud. Farley was not even close to Bud. In my opinion, Marie's affection for Farley was a selfish motive, not an altruistic one. I often wonder if perhaps while she was in the hospital, it was wesen who treated her cancer and did what they could for her and that's the message she wanted to pass on to Nick if she found that he had become a grimm.

(09-15-2018, 02:22 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick in S01 had a definite block against killing people in cold blood who weren't presenting an immediate threat. He did eventually seem to get over that, though.

Nick had no problem killing wesen if he felt they were a threat. Letting Adalind live over and over and over again just showed what a hypocrite he was.
I don't see how wanting to marry Farley would require a selfish motive. If you are going to get married for a selfish reason, please do not get married. The book indicated that his family could be trusted-"use your gut". Nick never killed normal wessen, even those whose family types might be dangerous, unless he had to protect himself. He didn't kill the father bear, he constantly told wessen guilty of crimes he wasn't there to kill them. Most wessen had never seen a Grimm, they were considered boggymen used to frighten children to behave themselves--"Not what I expected" was a normal observation. In the book about the children who turned into vandals at Christmas, when the writer realized they were young members of a safe group "I put away my sword and looked for a way to deal with them." Honestly, I think we can all admit we would kill someone we thought was about to kill us, no questions asked.