Grimm Forum
S6E13 - The End - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E13 - The End (/Thread-S6E13-The-End)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S6E13 - The End - Robyn - 05-28-2017

Quote:Eve was just an all-around dumb idea from the get-go, in my opinion.
In that we are in complete agreement. I think Eve was intended to be cool and exciting, and her reveal an unexpected ‘gotcha’ moment. I also think G & K used Eve to avoid dealing with the S4 fallout until enough time had passed that anger and resentment changed to heartache and regret.

Quote:Or the next thing on the list is when Juliette died for the second time - Nick freaked more out and lost it as when his " new " girlfriend and the mother of his son - why?
This is biased interpretation of a scene. Nick wasn’t in love with Juliette at the time of her death, but he still loved her, and still believed his decisions ultimately led Juliette to her death bed. But Nick felt that guilt and remorse over every death. The reality is Nick considered Juliette-Eve one of his close and trusted friends when telling Kelly and Marie he wanted his friends back. He did not tell them he wanted/needed Juliette back. Nick specifically stated his want/need for Adalind, Kelly, and Diana - his family. When it was over and Nick realized everyone was alive, he grabbed and kissed Adalind, not Juliette. And the final current-timeline scene was Nick & Adalind in an embrace, surrounded by family/friends/loved ones.

I can understand disappointment, but not obsession. At the end of the day these are fictional characters living fictional lives at the discretion and pleasure of the show’s creators. It’s nice to have a place to voice and share opinions of the characters and storylines, but obsessing over fictional events is a waste of time.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Hexenadler - 05-29-2017

"Gotcha" moments need care and finesse, something G&K lack in spades. Everybody knew Juliette was coming back one way or another, so more people groaned than gasped at Eve's first appearance. G&K probably thought the idea was a lot more clever than it actually was.

Examples of good "gotcha" moments: Barbossa's return in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," the sled reveal of Rosebud in "Citizen Kane," the shock twist ending from "Sleepaway Camp." Again, care and finesse.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Loona - 05-29-2017

Nick does not love Adalind. I have no idea what it is but it certainly is no love. My presumption has already been confirmed after I have seen the last episode. And you can write what you want you will not it will not change the fact that Nick is still in love with Juliette/Eve.

Even if the writer want to make us believe that Nick loves Adalind - but his body language as well as his action speaks a different language. But it's my opinion.

I also know that I do not make new friends with it - because most of the fans are Nadalind shipper.

RE: S6E13 - The End - rpmaluki - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 05:20 PM)Loona Wrote: Nick does not love Adalind. I have no idea what it is but it certainly is no love. My presumption has already been confirmed after I have seen the last episode. And you can write what you want you will not it will not change the fact that Nick is still in love with Juliette/Eve.

Even if the writer want to make us believe that Nick loves Adalind - but his body language as well as his action speaks a different language. But it's my opinion.

I also know that I do not make new friends with it - because most of the fans are Nadalind shipper.
Not everyone that accepts how the show ended is a Nadalind "shipper". The writers wrote Nick as in love with Adalind and confirmed as much on the show using a number of characters in different episodes. You are choosing to disregard all of that and that's your right, but it doesn't change what actually happened.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Robyn - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 05:20 PM)Loona Wrote: Nick does not love Adalind. I have no idea what it is but it certainly is no love. My presumption has already been confirmed after I have seen the last episode. And you can write what you want you will not it will not change the fact that Nick is still in love with Juliette/Eve.

I’m not a Nick/Adalind shipper, and didn’t care for most of their storylines in S5 or S6, but Greenwalt and Kouf planned their characters’ storyline based on what they wanted, not me. You can deny it until you’re blue in the face, but the official Nick, Adalind, Juliette storyline will remain the same. Even if I'm not completely satisfied with the outcome, I'm still pleased that the characters are happy with the way their lives turned out.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Hell Rell - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 05:20 PM)Loona Wrote: I also know that I do not make new friends with it - because most of the fans are Nadalind shipper.

Are you referring to people on this forum on Grimm fans in general? I think it's safe to say that most fans aren't shippers of any couple at all. And that includes Monroe/Rosalee.

This is one of the reasons shipping arguments tend to go awry. Most people aren't watching the show through shipping glasses and don't measure the success or failure of a show based on a ship. Shippers make up such a minuscule part of the audience. It's why I think it's a huge mistake for any writers to cater to the whims of shippers or let their writing be influenced by them in any way.

Juliette and Adalind are two individual characters. I get that their relationships to the main character can stir some debate but their actions and worthiness as characters don't just get judged through the eyes of a shipper. They would be worthless as characters if that were the case. I don't think Adalind was put with Nick to appease viewers. They hoped viewers would like it but I don't believe that drove their decision.

Rosalee is generally loved as a character and putting her with Monroe wasn't necessary for that to happen. She was very well-received before hooking up with him. I also saw a lot of excitement for Adalind being added to the main cast when there didn't seem to be much of a reason to put her into a relationship with Nick.

RE: S6E13 - The End - MarylikesGrimm - 05-29-2017

My view is Nick is still in love with both Adalind and Eve. Z was targeting the people he loved to get the stick. If Nick did not have very special bond with that person Z would have not have targeted them. IMO Diana was only in danger due to her bond with Nick. Diana had no bond with Nick then Diana was never in danger therefore no stories saying she would be in danger and Diana would have never sensed danger.

Many posters here are not shippers of any kind. We each are trying interpret the story. My view is having sex with someone is what "shipping" often turns into not love. IRL people in love can choose never to have sex. People who know they can never love choose to have sex.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Hell Rell - 05-29-2017

You're free to believe what you want. No one is telling you to become a Nick/Adalind fan.

The issue at hand is you saying it's your opinion but you're not presenting it as one. You stated Nick not loving Adalind like it's a fact. You then went a step further than that by saying Nick is still in love with Juliette, literally. You used the word fact when stating it. This will probably fall on deaf ears but that's certainly not the case for either of these things as they were presented in the show. It doesn't take a shipper to see it. I still think Nick loves Juliette but is no longer in love with her. I can even see someone who is anti-Nick/Adalind begrudgingly admitting to that much. She's not the woman he wants to be romantically involved with for the rest of his his life. He wouldn't leave Adalind for her.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Scully1987 - 05-29-2017

(05-29-2017, 05:20 PM)Loona Wrote: I also know that I do not make new friends with it - because most of the fans are Nadalind shipper.

Seriously Loona, you're right. Your childish behavior will make it difficult to make friends. Excuse me, but this is the truth. And I do not mean it nasty.

What is so hard to understand that we as fans did not have a say in the continuation of the series?

A little bit I can understand, that you are upset. But it doesn't change the fact that we as fans can't do anything about it. The writers wanted it - and the writers did it the way they wanted it.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Juliette - 05-29-2017

Loona, that is no fun anymore. But I have already written it that often - can't you just stop or do you doesn't want to stop?

I am a shipper of Nickliette too, I know what you mean. But we fans can't change anything on the subject. I would liked it too, if the ending would have been a differently.

But as the others said, we can not change anything about the plot of the series. The writers did it the way as they wanted it and not as we would have liked it.

But hey look the writers have given us at least an honorable end for our favorite series. That isn't possible for all series which are cancelled.