Grimm Forum
S6E13 - The End - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E13 - The End (/Thread-S6E13-The-End)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S6E13 - The End - speakeasy - 04-04-2017

I'm just glad the forces took all the parts of Z to form the portal, if the arm had scurried away we'd never see the end of him.

Part of Nick's appeal to me is that he always worked with a team. Remember there's strength in numbers, two heads are better than one, no man is an island. Well I'm all out of cliches, but I personally prefer a leader who works well with others; a lone wolf type of hero is isolating and has more limitations. (Captain America, now there's a leader, my grandkids think he's too goody-goody, generation gap.)

RE: S6E13 - The End - MarylikesGrimm - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 07:47 AM)Brimmski Wrote: As for The End fight scenes...
I didn't like how Monroe got killed, after he got the snake off from Rosalee he was holding it for few seconds waiting for it to bite him! He could have thrown it away.

It would have been nice to have some fight with Renard and the Zerstoerer but it was too quick. Also with Adalind she could have probably thrown a car at him or something.

Also with the Grimms vs Zerstoerer, didn't Trubel wonder how his forearm was chopped off? Nick didn't have a knife/sword.

After Adalind died Nick should grabbed the staff right then and then his stick would have become part of it and he could have killed Zerstoerer with it.

(04-03-2017, 03:11 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 11:51 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Hi, Kathryn. Glad it gave you a laugh, I'm getting sillier and sillier with this staff stuff, it's like looking for a way out of a big mental labyrinth. Tongue

If I may ask, who is that pictured on your Avatar (looks so familiar, but I can't place him)?

Love me some Scandal, Cyrus Beene

I've never seen the show, but my daughter-in-law is a big fan. He still looks familiar, but he's an actor so that's a good thing. Smile

RE: S6E13 - The End - Hell Rell - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 08:02 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I'm just glad the forces took all the parts of Z to form the portal, if the arm had scurried away we'd never see the end of him.

Part of Nick's appeal to me is that he always worked with a team. Remember there's strength in numbers, two heads are better than one, no man is an island. Well I'm all out of cliches, but I personally prefer a leader who works well with others; a lone wolf type of hero is isolating and has more limitations. (Captain America, now there's a leader, my grandkids think he's too goody-goody, generation gap.)

I don't think anyone was asking for Nick to be a lone wolf. It's just that Eve's power made him obsolete most of the time. I actually voiced my disappointment at the mixture of his blood along with Monroe and Adalind's to be irrelevant. I don't think they should've gone there if that's what they were going to do with it.

I never wanted Nick to be some Uber-Grimm. I liked that he worked with a team and they were all needed but that didn't hold up once Eve came on the scene. She took care of twenty wesen that Nick and his crew were pretty much helpless against.

Nick's importance was diminished for most of the final season until the very end. Even without her powers, the plot centered more around Juliette. Nick didn't factor in much until the battle took place.

Also, I know this show doesn't explain things much but I would've liked an explanation for why Zerstorer needed a Grimm to pass through the mirror.

RE: S6E13 - The End - MarylikesGrimm - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 09:04 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Also, I know this show doesn't explain things much but I would've liked an explanation for why Zerstorer needed a Grimm to pass the mirror.

We learned about where wesen came but nothing about grimms. I wished Zerstorer was a fallen grimm because to me that would have make much more sense.

(04-04-2017, 08:02 AM)speakeasy Wrote: ... but I personally prefer a leader who works well with others; a lone wolf type of hero is isolating and has more limitations.

(04-04-2017, 09:04 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I don't think anyone was asking for Nick to be a lone wolf. It's just that Eve's power made him obsolete most of the time. I actually voiced my disappointment at the mixture of his blood along with Monroe and Adalind's to be irrelevant. I don't think they should've gone there if that's what they were going to do with it.

I never wanted Nick to be some Uber-Grimm. I liked that he worked with a team and they were all needed but that didn't hold up once Eve came on the scene. She took care of twenty wesen that Nick and his crew were pretty much helpless against.

Nick's importance was diminished for most of the final season until the very end. Even without her powers, the plot centered more around Juliette. Nick didn't factor in much until the battle took place.

Also, I know this show doesn't explain things much but I would've liked an explanation for why Zerstorer needed a Grimm to pass the mirror.

See, for me, Juliette/Eve was the lone wolf this season. And she was featured alot throughout, true. But Nick's life was the main theme the story was built around, imo. His life with Adalind, his son, Diana and the many complications of that familial relationship, in addition to his being one of the central characters in the stick/cloth/prophecy drama.

I thought the Grimm, Hex, and Wesen deadly blood potion was shown to be a very powerful weapon against Z. It emphasized his near invulnerability and highlighted the need of a specific and chosen Grimm to best him, the "Strength of One's Blood" show opener.

I do see the validity in what you say, though. J/E was presented to be a central part of the Prophecy and as such, got the meatier role. But in spite of Juliette being my second favorite character, I've always thought of the story (from the start) from Nick's perspective. Even though each member of the gang played a vital role in its effectiveness, Nick was the unquestioned leader who emerged - why?, he inspired loyalty, of course. Maybe that's why I don't take particular notice about who was featured most prominently from episode to episode. Eve was a person who wouldn't and couldn't lead. He didn't need to be bestowed with superior gifts of power; he was the General by right of individual command.

I think Z needed N because he knew he had the last piece of the staff, but maybe I missed something more significant. Decapitaire!

RE: S6E13 - The End - rpmaluki - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 09:04 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Nick's importance was diminished for most of the final season until the very end. Even without her powers, the plot centered more around Juliette. Nick didn't factor in much until the battle took place.
This was the most frustrating thing about the season and even S5 for me.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Circe27 - 04-04-2017

(04-04-2017, 10:21 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 09:04 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Nick's importance was diminished for most of the final season until the very end. Even without her powers, the plot centered more around Juliette. Nick didn't factor in much until the battle took place.
This was the most frustrating thing about the season and even S5 for me.

I agree, this season was more about Eve and her struggles than anything else and I feel the episodes suffered for it. Nick took a back seat to his own story.

RE: S6E13 - The End - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-04-2017

The impression I got was that as far as Zerstorer knew, he needed the stick wielded by a Grimm to open the portal so that he could pass through and find his child wife. At least, that's what the Althochdeutsch book in the spice shop seemed to say. Hexenbiests being able to do it as well may have been an unexpected bonus.

RE: S6E13 - The End - rmp - 04-04-2017

A couple seasons ago, back before Kelly was born and Diana was still all mysterious and a grave threat if she were to turn dark side, I thought they could have made a spin off with Kelly (years later). He'd be a special Grimm (when things got really tough he'd woge like Renard plus he'd inherit the zombie trait) and his main nemesis could have been eventually been Diana (assuming she went bad).

When I first saw the 20 year flashfoward and they showed an actor playing Kelly, for a brief second I had a glimmer of hope that we were seeing the beginning of real spin-off they had been able to keep secret. But then Diana walked in and Kelly grabs the staff and that glimmer of hope died right there. You can't make a show from that. As others have said, Diana is way too powerful just on her own, and there's also Kelly (Grimm + Zauberbiest with all powerful staff) and the others that were mentioned (triplets, mom and dad). Total yawn fest, nothing in the Grimm universe could stop them I think.