Grimm Forum
S6E13 - The End - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E13 - The End (/Thread-S6E13-The-End)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S6E13 - The End - Mrtrick - 04-03-2017

There is a possibility to consider, that the prophecy about Diana is separate from all of this Zerstorer business. It could be about something she'll do as a grown woman. It's also possible that simply using the stick to open the portal, completed her roll in the prophecy. No one else was going to do it once they realized it was exactly what Zerstorer wanted. But in the end, it turned out to be the only way to vanquish him. It ultimately makes her choice a "good" one.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Devegs - 04-03-2017

(04-03-2017, 07:08 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: There is a possibility to consider, that the prophecy about Diana is separate from all of this Zerstorer business. It could be about something she'll do as a grown woman.

That would definitely be a possibility if there is a Grimm- next generation.

RE: S6E13 - The End - speakeasy - 04-03-2017

(04-03-2017, 06:56 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 06:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote: At this point, I'm going with the idea that it all happened as presented and the Z-portal gave Nick to ability to snip out a whole segment of time/space/reality.
I have a mental picture of the events beginning with Nick/Eve originally falling through the mirror without the hexenbiest, just before Z crossed over as Point A. Then the chaos ensues with Z killing everybody and some and then Nick finally killing him outside the cabin and wanting everyone back as Point B, like a line from one point to the other on a piece of paper. The staff simply folded space and time exactly between points A and B when Nick fell through the second portal at the cabin. Nick wanted to restore what was lost, the staff took the initiative of doing so on a grander scale as opposed to Nick poking people one at a time.

I accept this concept. However. I am uncomfortable with the idea of that staff being so capable regardless of who is its master. I am trying to suss out a hypothesis that suggests that the master is the one who controls it and not the other way around. But now I think of it, that's not so good either. It should be destroyed.

RE: S6E13 - The End - eric - 04-03-2017

I had no problem with Kelly being the one writing the story, even if large parts were second hand information. As far as i remember none of the books contained info written by non-Grimms. There was one episode where a Grimm came up with a plan to defeat the wessen, but the gang noticed he did not write if it worked. Seemed like a good idea at the time?Big Grin

(04-03-2017, 06:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote: At this point, I'm going with the idea that it all happened as presented and the Z-portal gave Nick to ability to snip out a whole segment of time/space/reality. She retained a memory of what really happened because she was gifted beyond the ordinary to hold onto the record of events and because she was the axis upon which the whole prophecy turned. In my opinion, of course. Smile

(04-03-2017, 07:03 AM)Devegs Wrote: In one of the interviews that G&K gave, IIRC, they did say that one of the reasons they had Kelly Burkhadt narrate the story of how Nick battled with the Zestorer had to do with explaining how it happened or that it even happened at all. That's why Kelly would verify that it all happened just as it was told and it wasn't a fairytale because 'his father told him so!'... they really had seemed to like that last part. Basically, there is no explanation (unless I missed an interview where they gave one) for how this ultimate battle with Zestorer happened and the 'hard reset' (their own words) where time got altered, etc. except that it did happen.

Now, that answers my question in another post about getting the real meaning of Kelly's recollection that he adds to the record in the Grimm journal. I've been nibbling around the edges of those few and simple words explaining the true story in Nick's words, trying to get at the big answer. He was including the entire story, pre-time and post-time. The whole saga wasn't a legend, myth or fairy tale, so sayeth Nick. We only need appeal to Kelly's testimony, vital enough to be laid down in the Book of Grimm, to find the truth. Thanks for clarifying that for me. Smile

RE: S6E13 - The End - rpmaluki - 04-03-2017

(04-03-2017, 07:32 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 06:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote: At this point, I'm going with the idea that it all happened as presented and the Z-portal gave Nick to ability to snip out a whole segment of time/space/reality.
I have a mental picture of the events beginning with Nick/Eve originally falling through the mirror without the hexenbiest, just before Z crossed over as Point A. Then the chaos ensues with Z killing everybody and some and then Nick finally killing him outside the cabin and wanting everyone back as Point B, like a line from one point to the other on a piece of paper. The staff simply folded space and time exactly between points A and B when Nick fell through the second portal at the cabin. Nick wanted to restore what was lost, the staff took the initiative of doing so on a grander scale as opposed to Nick poking people one at a time.

I accept this concept. However. I am uncomfortable with the idea of that staff being so capable regardless of who is its master. I am trying to suss out a hypothesis that suggests that the master is the one who controls it and not the other way around. But now I think of it, that's not so good either. It should be destroyed.
I agree, it should be destroyed

The staff can never be completely destroyed, only broken down into pieces that need to be hidden. This would start this business all over again. It's possible that the staff was always intended to be used by the forces of good, but got corrupted by Zerstorer. It's ultimate Genesis remains a mystery. Kelly told Nick to keep it safe, and since she was speaking from the great beyond, it's likely she has insight into the matter that no one else would. If the Grimm has divine origins, then part of their mandate may be to use such holy relics in the fight against evil. They've had the staff for twenty years and clearly understand it's implications, otherwise Nick wouldn't allow Kelly and Diana to use it. In the intervening years, I imagine Monroe, Rosalee, Adalind and Eve have done a massive battery of tests and research on the staff. If they feel confident that it's safe enough to keep as a regular part of the arsenal, I'm sure they have their justification. Besides, with Zerstorer gone, the individuals with the greatest capability to use it, are all on team Grimm. Diana in particular, since she's unique in the world, with power who's upper limits we've probably not scratched the surface of. The strength of their family unit is what makes this situation different from the past. Where once the Grimm's were loners who could only agree in so much that the stick should be hidden and no one could be trusted with it's power, now they are a collective force who are able to lean on each other. In those twenty years, it's likely that team Grimm has even evolved beyond what we already know. Maybe they've created a solid network amongst all the Grimm, knowing as they now do, that they're all related. Their outreach into the Wesen community has also likely grown, forging bonds thought impossible in the past. This may even include the rebuilt council, which I wouldn't be surprised to find Monroe and Rosalee have an active roll in. I'm thinking team Grimm is massively powerful by this point, and that staff is as secure with them as it is anywhere else.

RE: S6E13 - The End - jsgrimm45 - 04-03-2017

(04-03-2017, 08:14 AM)Mrtrick Wrote:

The staff can never be completely destroyed, only broken down into pieces that need to be hidden. This would start this business all over again. It's possible that the staff was always intended to be used by the forces of good, but got corrupted by Zerstorer. It's ultimate Genesis remains a mystery. Kelly told Nick to keep it safe, and since she was speaking from the great beyond, it's likely she has insight into the matter that no one else would. If the Grimm has divine origins, then part of their mandate may be to use such holy relics in the fight against evil. They've had the staff for twenty years and clearly understand it's implications, otherwise Nick wouldn't allow Kelly and Diana to use it. In the intervening years, I imagine Monroe, Rosalee, Adalind and Eve have done a massive battery of tests and research on the staff. If they feel confident that it's safe enough to keep as a regular part of the arsenal, I'm sure they have their justification. Besides, with Zerstorer gone, the individuals with the greatest capability to use it, are all on team Grimm. Diana in particular, since she's unique in the world, with power who's upper limits we've probably not scratched the surface of. The strength of their family unit is what makes this situation different from the past. Where once the Grimm's were loners who could only agree in so much that the stick should be hidden and no one could be trusted with it's power, now they are a collective force who are able to lean on each other. In those twenty years, it's likely that team Grimm has even evolved beyond what we already know. Maybe they've created a solid network amongst all the Grimm, knowing as they now do, that they're all related. Their outreach into the Wesen community has also likely grown, forging bonds thought impossible in the past. This may even include the rebuilt council, which I wouldn't be surprised to find Monroe and Rosalee have an active roll in. I'm thinking team Grimm is massively powerful by this point, and that staff is as secure with them as it is anywhere else.
This may have been asked someway but if not I'll ask it? Diana said the stick didn't belong there when Nick when thur the mirror so how did the rest of the staff get there?

(04-03-2017, 08:20 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 08:14 AM)Mrtrick Wrote:

This may have been asked someway but if not I'll ask it? Diana said the stick didn't belong there when Nick when thur the mirror so how did the rest of the staff get there?

My theory on this is that the stick didn't yet belong to Zerstorer. It remains tied to this dimension until it's handed over. It's possible that Zerstorer was the one who created the parallel hell demension when the staff was still whole. At some point it was shattered and the pieces scattered. If various Grimm were each responsible for a piece, and the staff was originally created for Grimms to use, then Zerstorer had to go through the same process he did with Nick. He convinced each and every one to hand over their piece. The rebuilt staff was now tied to Zerstorer. At some point, Zerstorer was either forced to go through a portal or made the choice himself. Because the staff belonged to him, it could go with him. The remaining piece was hidden in this world, and since it had never been handed to Zerstorer, it couldn't go through the portal.

(04-03-2017, 07:32 AM)speakeasy Wrote: I accept this concept. However. I am uncomfortable with the idea of that staff being so capable regardless of who is its master. I am trying to suss out a hypothesis that suggests that the master is the one who controls it and not the other way around. But now I think of it, that's not so good either. It should be destroyed.

(04-03-2017, 08:14 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: The staff can never be completely destroyed, only broken down into pieces that need to be hidden. This would start this business all over again. It's possible that the staff was always intended to be used by the forces of good, but got corrupted by Zerstorer. It's ultimate Genesis remains a mystery. Kelly told Nick to keep it safe, and since she was speaking from the great beyond, it's likely she has insight into the matter that no one else would. If the Grimm has divine origins, then part of their mandate may be to use such holy relics in the fight against evil. They've had the staff for twenty years and clearly understand it's implications, otherwise Nick wouldn't allow Kelly and Diana to use it. In the intervening years, I imagine Monroe, Rosalee, Adalind and Eve have done a massive battery of tests and research on the staff. If they feel confident that it's safe enough to keep as a regular part of the arsenal, I'm sure they have their justification. Besides, with Zerstorer gone, the individuals with the greatest capability to use it, are all on team Grimm. Diana in particular, since she's unique in the world, with power who's upper limits we've probably not scratched the surface of. The strength of their family unit is what makes this situation different from the past. Where once the Grimm's were loners who could only agree in so much that the stick should be hidden and no one could be trusted with it's power, now they are a collective force who are able to lean on each other. In those twenty years, it's likely that team Grimm has even evolved beyond what we already know. Maybe they've created a solid network amongst all the Grimm, knowing as they now do, that they're all related. Their outreach into the Wesen community has also likely grown, forging bonds thought impossible in the past. This may even include the rebuilt council, which I wouldn't be surprised to find Monroe and Rosalee have an active roll in. I'm thinking team Grimm is massively powerful by this point, and that staff is as secure with them as it is anywhere else.

I see your position but I have a 'sticking' point and it's a big one. From all the justified postulations you've brought forward, there is still that remote possibility that the staff could indeed fall into the wrong hands (think North Korea or a Grimm or Scoobie brain tumor). That is the argument for getting rid of something with so much potential for damage that it should be destroyed or flung to a thousand distant parts of our universe. Because there will always be an aberrant player; it's statistical, and as I'm fond of saying, once that happens, there is a 100% probability that it has come to pass.