Grimm Forum
S6E13 - The End - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E13 - The End (/Thread-S6E13-The-End)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S6E13 - The End - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-02-2017

And why is that infinitely more complex and probably unfilmable idea better than an incredibly powerful staff being able to rewrite time...?

Diana was able to hold the stick, so why not the staff?

RE: S6E13 - The End - speakeasy - 04-02-2017

Plus, Monroe touched the staff.

We never really got much on who could or couldn't touch the stick. Nick, Trubel and Diana could, Eve couldn't. Nobody else tried to.

My guess is that humans probably could, because the odds that the seven Grimms took it from someone in Constantinople who was also a Grimm seem pretty low.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Hell Rell - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 12:07 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't think Nick was trapped in another reality. When the scoobies were asking him if he was okay, he merely gave them the only explanation that would make sense to them at that time. He and Diana knew the truth, that interaction and hug between them pretty much confirms everything that happened had been very real. The look in his eyes, the catch in his throat, was that of a man relieved he succeeded in bringing back his friends and loved ones. The stick brought everyone back but at the moment before Zerstörer crossed over in the previous reality, negating all of the death he caused.

(04-02-2017, 12:03 PM)speakeasy Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 11:44 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I know the show is called Grimm but I do find it odd that the blood of a Grimm is more powerful than the mixed blood of a Grimm, Hexenbiest, and Blutbad. That didn't make much sense to me. It's extra odd when considering that Nick's relationships with his wesen friends and his Hexenbiest partner have seemed to give him a leg up on other Grimms. The mixing of their blood should've been a momentous occasion but it was rendered meaningless in the end. I thought that was a huge mistake. Even Kelly and Marie telling Nick that Monroe and Adalind's blood makes it easier for the strength of his ancestors to kill Zerstorer would've sufficed.

But the potion did make a difference, it was very powerful and stopped Z for a while, but since it was supposed to be almost 'nuclear' in it's deadliness, it showed how almost invincible this Devil was. Nick called upon the power of all Grimms right back to their beginnings and it allowed him to win in the face of terrible odds, imo. More and more I am accepting that this was Nick's fight.
It couldn't have been anyone else's fight except Nick's. Trubel was more than rational, knowing exactly what was going on but she'd been killed already. Nick losing everyone left him vulnerable to Zerstörer but it also made him more receptive to the idea of the power of [Grimm] blood giving him the strength he needed to defeat. On his own he knew he wasn't strong enough so his mother and aunt pointed him in the right direction and suddenly he was up for the task and defeated Z, not by himself but with the power of the blood of all Grimms in his line going back hundreds of generationsand the since there's a link between him and Trubel, she's also part of that "super grimm mash up between the living and the dead. Nick had to connect with that part of him in a way that he couldn't before. In a way Z pushed Nick too far and that was his doom.

I'd be fine with the blood of a Grimm without the potion. I don't think they should've gone the potion route just to render it meaningless in the end.

I actually think it flies in the face of what we've seen the last six seasons. Nick has gotten to where he is now because of the help of his wesen friends. Grimms and wesen working together like this is extremely uncommon and and I don't think it was wise to include that very rare potion that most people wouldn't think to make because getting the necessary components would seem impossible if it's not going to have any effect. It would've been better not to include it at all since they were all fighting together anyway.

RE: S6E13 - The End - speakeasy - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 03:10 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: We never really got much on who could or couldn't touch the stick. Nick, Trubel and Diana could, Eve couldn't. Nobody else tried to.

My guess is that humans probably could, because the odds that the seven Grimms took it from someone in Constantinople who was also a Grimm seem pretty low.

I didn't know Trubel could touch it. Until, of course, she wrested it from Nick in the last episode, then it made her drop it all of a sudden.

And the stick was wrapped in the cloth, so they were meant to go together and therefore, I believe the prophecy, which foretold of the date of the terrible event, came to pass.

Another thought is that anyone can touch the staff if they take care to grasp it by anywhere except where that stick fits in. They should place some duct tape over that spot.

Nick showed the stick to Trubel in the fome the night Renard was elected mayor. She picked it up by the ends when he told her the cloth said "miracle," but dropped it like a hot potato when he got to the "dangerous" part.

RE: S6E13 - The End - tscchope - 04-03-2017

(04-02-2017, 03:40 PM)speakeasy Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 03:10 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: We never really got much on who could or couldn't touch the stick. Nick, Trubel and Diana could, Eve couldn't. Nobody else tried to.

I didn't know Trubel could touch it. Until, of course, she wrested it from Nick in the last episode, then it made her drop it all of a sudden.

And the stick was wrapped in the cloth, so they were meant to go together and therefore, I believe the prophecy, which foretold of the date of the terrible event, came to pass.

Another thought is that anyone can touch the staff if they take care to grasp it by anywhere except where that stick fits in. They should place some duct tape over that spot.
The Prophecy was all part of the illusion. Monroe was healed by the stick, therefore could hold the staff. Kelly is Nick's son. Diana was holding the stick inside the illusion. She was also in Nick's mind. She had to use the stick to enable Trubel to enter and to do that she had to be Nick's daughter and created the illusion that it was so. The Destroyer built up his staff from other bits that all had been freely given.

Had Trubel really been third cousin on the mother's side, she would have seen Kelly and Marie.

Diana kept the illusion going after The Destroyer was destroyed. I very much doubt the other realm looks like that. Of course, Diana couldn't allow Nick to touch Adalind (illusion) with the staff. I am curious as to why Diana wanted to speak with the Kessler sisters and more so why they didn't stick around to speak to her. At least the Spice shop isn't wrecked and Renard doesn't have to ask the City to post yet more vacancies in the Portland PD.

RE: S6E13 - The End - speakeasy - 04-03-2017

Diana should go on the road with that act. You sound very authoritative about what happened, but I'm not on board yet. For one thing, the entire story of Grimm from the get-go would have had to be a product of Diana's fertile imagination since the search for the keys was the central theme. The keys equal the stick and cloth, which equal the mystery that was the prophecy of possible doom.

I still think the tie-in with Diana and her partnership with Nick is that his mother, Kelly, had the inner knowledge that Diana would be capable of great good or great evil - depending on how she was raised. Diana played her cosmic role and made the decision to labor on the side of good, thank the Fates.

And even though I believe Diana was capable of doing it, I don't quite accept your premise - that Diana (or Z) created an illusion. At this point, I'm going with the idea that it all happened as presented and the Z-portal gave Nick to ability to snip out a whole segment of time/space/reality. She retained a memory of what really happened because she was gifted beyond the ordinary to hold onto the record of events and because she was the axis upon which the whole prophecy turned. In my opinion, of course. Smile

RE: S6E13 - The End - rpmaluki - 04-03-2017

(04-03-2017, 06:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote: At this point, I'm going with the idea that it all happened as presented and the Z-portal gave Nick to ability to snip out a whole segment of time/space/reality.
I have a mental picture of the events beginning with Nick/Eve originally falling through the mirror without the hexenbiest, just before Z crossed over as Point A. Then the chaos ensues with Z killing everybody and some and then Nick finally killing him outside the cabin and wanting everyone back as Point B, like a line from one point to the other on a piece of paper. The staff simply folded space and time exactly between points A and B when Nick fell through the second portal at the cabin. Nick wanted to restore what was lost, the staff took the initiative of doing so on a grander scale as opposed to Nick poking people one at a time.

RE: S6E13 - The End - Devegs - 04-03-2017

(04-03-2017, 06:20 AM)speakeasy Wrote: At this point, I'm going with the idea that it all happened as presented and the Z-portal gave Nick to ability to snip out a whole segment of time/space/reality. She retained a memory of what really happened because she was gifted beyond the ordinary to hold onto the record of events and because she was the axis upon which the whole prophecy turned. In my opinion, of course. Smile

In one of the interviews that G&K gave, IIRC, they did say that one of the reasons they had Kelly Burkhadt narrate the story of how Nick battled with the Zestorer had to do with explaining how it happened or that it even happened at all. That's why Kelly would verify that it all happened just as it was told and it wasn't a fairytale because 'his father told him so!'... they really had seemed to like that last part. Basically, there is no explanation (unless I missed an interview where they gave one) for how this ultimate battle with Zestorer happened and the 'hard reset' (their own words) where time got altered, etc. except that it did happen.

(04-03-2017, 06:56 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: The staff simply folded space and time exactly between points A and B when Nick fell through the second portal at the cabin. Nick wanted to restore what was lost, the staff took the initiative of doing so on a grander scale as opposed to Nick poking people one at a time.

Your theory is as good as any. Smile