Grimm Forum
S6E13 - The End - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E13 - The End (/Thread-S6E13-The-End)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: S6E13 - The End - Hell Rell - 04-02-2017

I know the show is called Grimm but I do find it odd that the blood of a Grimm is more powerful than the mixed blood of a Grimm, Hexenbiest, and Blutbad. That didn't make much sense to me. It's extra odd when considering that Nick's relationships with his wesen friends and his Hexenbiest partner have seemed to give him a leg up on other Grimms. The mixing of their blood should've been a momentous occasion but it was rendered meaningless in the end. I thought that was a huge mistake. Even Kelly and Marie telling Nick that Monroe and Adalind's blood makes it easier for the strength of his ancestors to kill Zerstorer would've sufficed.

RE: S6E13 - The End - rpmaluki - 04-02-2017

I guess they meant the "pureness" of Grimm blood that comes from within. Marie and Kelly may have been tangible ghost that helped him fight but Nick had to dig deep within himself, summoning the strength within himself from his ancestors since he carried their blood. I think it's because Grimms are supposed to be viewed as doing a sort of holy work in fighting evil so the bigger the foe, the more they powerful they get, not because they alone are doing the fighting but that they are mystically "powered up" should the situation call for it.

The mixing of Grimm, hexenbiest and wesen blood created a deadly potion than no one/thing could withstand but Zerstörer is supposedly evil incarnate, and is above such "tricks" If you will. The Grimm's strength of one's blood could be similar to Charmed "power of three" incantation that pretty much saved the day for the three witches.

RE: S6E13 - The End - MarylikesGrimm - 04-02-2017

Scenes of THe Week

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/04/scene-of-week-april-2-2017-poll.html
GRIMM, "The End", March 31, 2017, Actors: David Giuntoli, Kevin Joy, Nicole Steinwedell and more, The Scenes: Nick realizes that he was trapped in another reality & Kelly and Diana in the future
Kollin: Nick realizes, after defeating the Zerstorer, that he was trapped in another reality all along and everyone is still alive. This moment was a bit too sappy for my taste. I was hoping for something a bit more darker in the vein of Angel. Nevertheless, this was one of the final scenes of the final episode, and one where we see team Grimm together for the last time.
Klutzy girl: Seeing Kelly and Diana in the future was fantastic. We didn't get much of their dynamic but it was definitely fun. They tease each other a lot! Plus, the fact that Diana seemingly also refers to Nick as "Dad" killed me. I wish we could have seen more of them together.

RE: S6E13 - The End - speakeasy - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 11:44 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I know the show is called Grimm but I do find it odd that the blood of a Grimm is more powerful than the mixed blood of a Grimm, Hexenbiest, and Blutbad. That didn't make much sense to me. It's extra odd when considering that Nick's relationships with his wesen friends and his Hexenbiest partner have seemed to give him a leg up on other Grimms. The mixing of their blood should've been a momentous occasion but it was rendered meaningless in the end. I thought that was a huge mistake. Even Kelly and Marie telling Nick that Monroe and Adalind's blood makes it easier for the strength of his ancestors to kill Zerstorer would've sufficed.

But the potion did make a difference, it was very powerful and stopped Z for a while, but since it was supposed to be almost 'nuclear' in it's deadliness, it showed how almost invincible this Devil was. Nick called upon the power of all Grimms right back to their beginnings and it allowed him to win in the face of terrible odds, imo. More and more I am accepting that this was Nick's fight.

RE: S6E13 - The End - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-02-2017

I'd say that "Kollin" has misread the events of the finale, unless he believes that Diana was trapped in that other reality with Nick. Because she obviously remembers that Eve lost her hexenbiest in it.

RE: S6E13 - The End - rpmaluki - 04-02-2017

I don't think Nick was trapped in another reality. When the scoobies were asking him if he was okay, he merely gave them the only explanation that would make sense to them at that time. He and Diana knew the truth, that interaction and hug between them pretty much confirms everything that happened had been very real. The look in his eyes, the catch in his throat, was that of a man relieved he succeeded in bringing back his friends and loved ones. The stick brought everyone back but at the moment before Zerstörer crossed over in the previous reality, negating all of the death he caused.

(04-02-2017, 12:03 PM)speakeasy Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 11:44 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I know the show is called Grimm but I do find it odd that the blood of a Grimm is more powerful than the mixed blood of a Grimm, Hexenbiest, and Blutbad. That didn't make much sense to me. It's extra odd when considering that Nick's relationships with his wesen friends and his Hexenbiest partner have seemed to give him a leg up on other Grimms. The mixing of their blood should've been a momentous occasion but it was rendered meaningless in the end. I thought that was a huge mistake. Even Kelly and Marie telling Nick that Monroe and Adalind's blood makes it easier for the strength of his ancestors to kill Zerstorer would've sufficed.

But the potion did make a difference, it was very powerful and stopped Z for a while, but since it was supposed to be almost 'nuclear' in it's deadliness, it showed how almost invincible this Devil was. Nick called upon the power of all Grimms right back to their beginnings and it allowed him to win in the face of terrible odds, imo. More and more I am accepting that this was Nick's fight.
It couldn't have been anyone else's fight except Nick's. Trubel was more than rational, knowing exactly what was going on but she'd been killed already. Nick losing everyone left him vulnerable to Zerstörer but it also made him more receptive to the idea of the power of [Grimm] blood giving him the strength he needed to defeat. On his own he knew he wasn't strong enough so his mother and aunt pointed him in the right direction and suddenly he was up for the task and defeated Z, not by himself but with the power of the blood of all Grimms in his line going back hundreds of generationsand the since there's a link between him and Trubel, she's also part of that "super grimm mash up between the living and the dead. Nick had to connect with that part of him in a way that he couldn't before. In a way Z pushed Nick too far and that was his doom.

RE: S6E13 - The End - speakeasy - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 12:07 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't think Nick was trapped in another reality. When the scoobies were asking him if he was okay, he merely gave them the only explanation that would make sense to them at that time. He and Diana knew the truth, that interaction and hug between them pretty much confirms everything that happened had been very real. The look in his eyes, the catch in his throat, was that of a man relieved he succeeded in bringing back his friends and loved ones. The stick brought everyone back but at the moment before Zerstörer crossed over in the previous reality, negating all of the death he caused.

(04-02-2017, 12:03 PM)speakeasy Wrote:

It couldn't have been anyone else's fight except Nick's. Trubel was more than rational, knowing exactly what was going on but she'd been killed already. Nick losing everyone left him vulnerable to Zerstörer but it also made him more receptive to the idea of the power of [Grimm] blood giving him the strength he needed to defeat. On his own he knew he wasn't strong enough so his mother and aunt pointed him in the right direction and suddenly he was up for the task and defeated Z, not by himself but with the power of the blood of all Grimms in his line going back hundreds of generationsand the since there's a link between him and Trubel, she's also part of that "super grimm mash up between the living and the dead. Nick had to connect with that part of him in a way that he couldn't before. In a way Z pushed Nick too far and that was his doom.

I agree. This does not negate the prophecy, in fact, it confirms it, imo. I have two questions for the Grimm think tank:

1. Can anyone find a full meaning in what Kelly wrote in the Grimm journal? I think it's right there, but I can't see it.

2. Why was Diana the only other person that knew the story? I have a specific answer in mind and promise to post it later.

RE: S6E13 - The End - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 12:07 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't think Nick was trapped in another reality. When the scoobies were asking him if he was okay, he merely gave them the only explanation that would make sense to them at that time.

I think there might have been a brief moment when Nick feared the whole thing had just been an illusion (feared because it would have meant Zerstorer was still coming). Then, one by one, came the bits of evidence. Adalind's ring being gone. Diana telling Eve that she was a hexenbiest "again." Diana telling Nick that Z hadn't come through and was dead. And then there was the staff, which was the final confirmation that it had all been real and that it was really over.

RE: S6E13 - The End - irukandji - 04-02-2017

(04-02-2017, 09:25 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 08:28 AM)irukandji Wrote: There's another thing I find very strange about this episode. If Diana has grown so close to Nick that she now calls him as "Dad", I wonder why she never wrote the story. Instead, the series waits until 20 years after the fact and then has Kelly write it?

Bexause she is not a Grimm

Exactly. That's another reason why she would never refer to Nick as "Dad".

ETA: In thinking about this further, if this was a world created for Nick, perhaps Diana calling him "Dad" is exactly what he would want.

(04-02-2017, 12:33 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 12:07 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: I don't think Nick was trapped in another reality. When the scoobies were asking him if he was okay, he merely gave them the only explanation that would make sense to them at that time.

I think there might have been a brief moment when Nick feared the whole thing had just been an illusion (feared because it would have meant Zerstorer was still coming). Then, one by one, came the bits of evidence. Adalind's ring being gone. Diana telling Eve that she was a hexenbiest "again." Diana telling Nick that Z hadn't come through and was dead. And then there was the staff, which was the final confirmation that it had all been real and that it was really over.

If the stick read Nick's thoughts and created a world for him, Adalind sans ring would be exactly what Nick would expect to find.

RE: S6E13 - The End - tscchope - 04-02-2017

Nick went into the other realm to rescue Juliette. Juliette didn't need saving, because she hadn't gone across. It was all part of the Illusion the Destroyer had created for Nick.

Nick was tricked into creating a "potion" of his blood. The Destroyer needed the blood to be able to enter our world. The stick had to be given up of Nick's free will. It was not supposed to be in this realm and the Destroyer only had a certain period of time before the stick took Nick out.

There was another who was part of the ride. Diana. Now she doesn't differentiate between illusion and reality, so things that happen in her carefully interposed segments actually stayed happened - namely the ring being removed from Adalind's finger. When she opened a entrance to the other realm, Diana was doing it to send Trubel in. She died, got resurrected and tried to take the stick off Nick. Nick then proceeded to beat the crap out of her. The whole point of her being there was to give Diana the time to find Nick's dead mother and aunt and bring their spirits to the battle. When Trubel raced in, she did look very wild-eyed.

Diana realised that Juliette couldn't perceive the other realm and then turned to Nick. It was at that point she and Nick accepted each other. If she hadn't, 20 years later, she could not have held the staff.