Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 09:05 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 09:03 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:56 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:36 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:31 AM)Circe27 Wrote: That's not what we are trying to do at all. This is like if someone asked "If you could go back to one specific moment in your life were you had to make a difficult choice, would you make the same decision?" There is no way for you to go back and change your decision, it's impossible, but you use the question as an opportunity to go over the choice and think of the outcome if you made a different decision. We're not talking about going back and changing the past.

There is no way to know that outcome of a large change in the past. If you asked me if I change my color of my car I can guess what the outcome would be. When you remove your only child from your life how could I guess the outcome?

I don't understand your point. What does the color of your car have to do with speculating if Nick would take the same steps to keep his baby son?

You can guess a likely outcome of a small change in your life in the past but not a large one. "What if" does not work with a big change like not having a child since you cannot accurately guess what would happen instead it would be like a random event at best.

I'm still not getting what this has to do with a hypothetical question.

What if is the hypothetical question. If you can ask hypothetical questions about making big changes and ask if small change would be affected you will not be able to tell.

If I try to think of my life without my children I would live somewhere else, had a different work history and possibly be with someone else. How could I guess the outcome?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 09:08 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 09:05 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 09:03 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:56 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:36 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: There is no way to know that outcome of a large change in the past. If you asked me if I change my color of my car I can guess what the outcome would be. When you remove your only child from your life how could I guess the outcome?

I don't understand your point. What does the color of your car have to do with speculating if Nick would take the same steps to keep his baby son?

You can guess a likely outcome of a small change in your life in the past but not a large one. "What if" does not work with a big change like not having a child since you cannot accurately guess what would happen instead it would be like a random event at best.

I'm still not getting what this has to do with a hypothetical question.

What if is the hypothetical question. You can ask hypothetical questions about making big changes and ask if small change would be affected.

I'm sorry, I don't get what you're trying to say.

(03-31-2017, 09:07 AM)Circe27 Wrote: No one expects accuracy though. I've thought about what if I hadn't married my ex-husband and moved out of state instead and think of possible opportunities I could have had. I don't have any expectation to predict it correctly.

I can list different outcomes but I could not tell the likelihood of each happening.

(03-31-2017, 09:10 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm sorry, I don't get what you're trying to say.

Can please give me example talking about a real person and there life for what you mean?

(03-31-2017, 09:16 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 09:07 AM)Circe27 Wrote: No one expects accuracy though. I've thought about what if I hadn't married my ex-husband and moved out of state instead and think of possible opportunities I could have had. I don't have any expectation to predict it correctly.

I can list different outcomes but I could not tell the likelihood of each happening.

(03-31-2017, 09:10 AM)irukandji Wrote: I'm sorry, I don't get what you're trying to say.

Can please give me example talking about a real person and there life for what you mean?

No, I don't want to derail the thread. The question was would Nick do it all over again simply for the sake of having a baby son with his name? I don't believe he would.

(03-31-2017, 09:22 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 09:16 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

No, I don't want to derail the thread. The question was would Nick do it all over again simply for the sake of having a baby son with his name? I don't believe he would.

I believe Nick would have said he would have conceived Kelly again.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Eve_of_Destruction
She also says, "I wish that having this baby had been our choice. I can't help but wonder if you think this should have been Juliette's child, not mine." Nick says he and Juliette had a chance at a normal life after he lost his Grimm powers, but they didn't take it. ("Cry Luison") ("Highway of Tears") Adalind tells him, "I wish I could take it all back, everything I did to you." They both agree on what "everything" entails, albeit with Kelly being the exception, which brings a smile to Adalind's face

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - brandon - 03-31-2017

Maybe son of Marie?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - izzy - 03-31-2017

To answer the question, no Nick was not raped by Adalind. He did not suffer mental anguish at the time of penetration, he felt love and loved by Juliette at the time of the act. It was not an assault, it was deception, which is standard female practice (yes ladies those push up bras and all those little tricks are deceptions, illusions you use, Adalind simply took it to a different level). This is no different than what happens between mischievous twin sisters, and no that was not rape. It may tick the guy off, as it makes him smirk, but it is not rape.

(03-31-2017, 09:35 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: I believe Nick would have said he would have conceived Kelly again.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Eve_of_Destruction
She also says, "I wish that having this baby had been our choice. I can't help but wonder if you think this should have been Juliette's child, not mine." Nick says he and Juliette had a chance at a normal life after he lost his Grimm powers, but they didn't take it. ("Cry Luison") ("Highway of Tears") Adalind tells him, "I wish I could take it all back, everything I did to you." They both agree on what "everything" entails, albeit with Kelly being the exception, which brings a smile to Adalind's face

I have no doubt Nick would have conceived Kelly again, just not under the circumstances he was conceived the first time.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - brandon - 03-31-2017

More guilty could feel because like it. And the kiss of Ariel?.Like too?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Robyn - 03-31-2017

The reversal spell caused Juliette to become a Hexenbiest, not Kelly’s conception. If Adalind hadn’t performed the spell - no Kelly and no Juliette Hexenbiest. If Adalind performed the spell but Juliette didn’t perform the reversal spell - Kelly but no Juliette Hexenbiest.

Nick told Adalind in ‘Eve of Destruction’ he didn’t regret Kelly. But at the time, he didn’t have any idea that he and Juliette would later become a possibility. My initial reaction is that Nick wouldn’t choose to not have Kelly to prevent Juliette from becoming a Hexenbiest because it will always be a hypothetical question. Nick’s not going to choose anyone over his child in a hypothetical question.

I’m not understanding the comments about choosing between Kelly and saving the world. Zerstorer would be after Diana and the stick whether Kelly existed or not, and whether Adalind or Juliette was his mother. Even if Diana had never been brought back to Portland, Zerstorer would still have come for the stick.

--------

I don’t think any dialogue or behavior suggests Adalind didn’t want Kelly. Her negative reaction was to the timing of the pregnancy and her antagonistic relationship with the father.

Quote:He doesn't need to deal with Adalind's imposing presence in his life, personal and other wise. He and Juliette could carry on living their lives without anymore chaotic problems and consequences. But then can Nick truly be happy being away from his son? Nick has deep seeded abandonment issues, unlike Kelly, I don't see him purposefully keeping his son at a distance.
Quote:Also, if you go with this scenario Adalind would want Nick to be a grimm to protect her and the baby. She could reverse the spell and turn Nick back into a grimm.
Quote:I did think about this but I don't think he'd ever do it, not while he was still with Juliette. This would likely break his already tenuous relationship with Juliette. This would be like openly cheating on her and Juliette would never accept it. She was already struggling with him becoming a grimm again, now you want to add Nick purposefully sleeping with Adalind to become the very thing she was increasing disdainful towards..... It would certainly test their relationship beyond breaking point without killing anyone. I don't think they would survive for long after this.

This is an interesting scenario, not one I’d expect to see on the show, but definitely an intriguing idea. And I agree that Nick having a child with Adalind and agreeing to become a Grimm again for the sake of their protection would have likely ended Nick/Juliette, and been way too much for Nick to expect from Juliette.