Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Circe27 - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 08:17 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:10 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:09 AM)Circe27 Wrote: I think it's more a hypothetical question of "would he' then actually trying to change the past.

Exactly right. Rather than dredging up the rape again, I wanted to look at it from a different perspective.

(03-31-2017, 08:06 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Changing the past = time travel = doing it over again

I know what I was asking and why. Time travel had nothing to do with it.

No, I do not understand you. Nick would have to go do it all over again since he did not time travel. If Nick was the same Nick why would anything change?

It's a "what if" question, not like he would actually go back and try to change the past. It won't change anything that has or will happened, it's just something to think about not actually do.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - rpmaluki - 03-31-2017

You can't have the opportunity to do something without some form of time travelling. With that that, Nick will simply repeat his actions not having any knowledge of the future.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 08:26 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: You can't have the opportunity to do something without some form of time travelling. With that that, Nick will simply repeat his actions not having any knowledge of the future.

Not this time. I know what I'm asking and it had nothing to do with time travel.

(03-31-2017, 08:17 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: If you want to invent fantasy place where time travel has different rules than you need to state your fantasy rules. Grimm states it's fantasy rules.

That's not what we are trying to do at all. This is like if someone asked "If you could go back to one specific moment in your life were you had to make a difficult choice, would you make the same decision?" There is no way for you to go back and change your decision, it's impossible, but you use the question as an opportunity to go over the choice and think of the outcome if you made a different decision. We're not talking about going back and changing the past.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - rpmaluki - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 08:23 AM)Circe27 Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:17 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:10 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:09 AM)Circe27 Wrote: I think it's more a hypothetical question of "would he' then actually trying to change the past.

Exactly right. Rather than dredging up the rape again, I wanted to look at it from a different perspective.

(03-31-2017, 08:06 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Changing the past = time travel = doing it over again

I know what I was asking and why. Time travel had nothing to do with it.

No, I do not understand you. Nick would have to go do it all over again since he did not time travel. If Nick was the same Nick why would anything change?

It's a "what if" question, not like he would actually go back and try to change the past. It won't change anything that has or will happened, it's just something to think about not actually do.
If it was a question of saving the world or not having Kelly be born, he'd save the world. He won't make that decision lightly and will live with a lot of pain, regrets and self hatred for sacrificing his son for the greater good.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 08:31 AM)Circe27 Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:17 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: If you want to invent fantasy place where time travel has different rules than you need to state your fantasy rules. Grimm states it's fantasy rules.

That's not what we are trying to do at all. This is like if someone asked "If you could go back to one specific moment in your life were you had to make a difficult choice, would you make the same decision?" There is no way for you to go back and change your decision, it's impossible, but you use the question as an opportunity to go over the choice and think of the outcome if you made a different decision. We're not talking about going back and changing the past.

There is no way to know that outcome of a large change in the past. If you asked me if I change my color of my car I can guess what the outcome would be. When you remove your only child from your life how could I guess the outcome?

(03-31-2017, 08:36 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

There is no way to know that outcome of a large change in the past. If you asked me if I change my color of my car I can guess what the outcome would be. When you remove your only child from your life how could I guess the outcome?

I don't understand your point. What does the color of your car have to do with speculating if Nick would take the same steps to keep his baby son?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 03-31-2017

(03-31-2017, 08:56 AM)irukandji Wrote:

I don't understand your point. What does the color of your car have to do with speculating if Nick would take the same steps to keep his baby son?

You can guess a likely outcome of a small change in your life in the past but not a large one. "What if" does not work with a big change like not having a child since you cannot accurately guess what would happen instead it would be like a random event at best.

(03-31-2017, 09:03 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-31-2017, 08:56 AM)irukandji Wrote:

You can guess a likely outcome of a small change in your life in the past but not a large one. "What if" does not work with a big change like not having a child since you cannot accurately guess what would happen instead it would be like a random event at best.

I'm still not getting what this has to do with a hypothetical question.

No one expects accuracy though. I've thought about what if I hadn't married my ex-husband and moved out of state instead and think of possible opportunities I could have had. I don't have any expectation to predict it correctly.