Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Robyn - 04-15-2017

(04-14-2017, 11:46 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 11:39 PM)izzy Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 11:27 PM)irukandji Wrote: We're given a glimpse into the future 20 years later. There isn't much evidence to support Adalind put her foot down at all because nothing's really changed.
Exactly. Nick and Adalind have to be the equivalent of the Bundy's for not advancing your children. It is amazing. All eh parents I know want their children to be better than they are...these two are apparently content to raise their children to be the same dysfunctional reprobates they are. Amazing, that some find this a happy ending.
I was thinking more along the line of Rosanne. They never wanted their children to amount to much either. So we have the Bundys, the Conners and now the Burkhardts.

On a serious note, this all seems to suggest is that neither Nick or Adalind learned from their mistakes.
From a mother’s point of view I agree with you guys, I wouldn’t want that kind of life for my children. In real life, I don’t want my children fighting in wars based on political agendas and financial gain for a select few. But that’s not how the show portrayed the Grimm life. The show ignored the glaring aspect of unconstitutional governing & policing with a select few at the top having absolute rule without oversight.

The final scene was Nick’s son continuing tradition because the show has consistently maintained that despite the personal hardships, being a Grimm is a calling, a duty, and Grimms are the ultimate authority and leader in the fight for good.

‘Good’ was defined by Nick and Team Grimm, which was basically, it’s not wrong if we do it. Monroe, Rosalee, Hank, and Wu always accepted Nick’s actions and followed his lead without question. Adalind’s transition to the side of good wasn’t about her being a better person or nurturing mother, it was about absolute loyalty to Nick, the Grimm and his team.

Nick wouldn’t discourage his son from following in his footsteps, accepting his duty as a Grimm, and his place at the top. Adalind wouldn’t question or stand against it. On the show, being a Grimm is the ultimate status.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-15-2017

(04-15-2017, 06:14 AM)Robyn Wrote: The show ignored the glaring aspect of unconstitutional governing & policing with a select few at the top having absolute rule without oversight.

There was a wesen council for much of the show but in 20 years we did not see anything like it to replace it.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-15-2017

(04-12-2017, 07:46 AM)bart Wrote: Why you hate grimms so much?

Why do you continue to worry about what I'm doing? Why not concentrate on something else, like fixing the title of this thread?

It is not: Did Adalind raped Nick?

The correct title should be: Did Adalind Rape Nick?

And if you had been paying attention, you'd already see that there was a thread out there that discussed Nick's rape.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - thecdn - 04-15-2017

(04-15-2017, 08:08 AM)irukandji Wrote: The correct title should be: Did Adalind Rape Nick?

Not to be a shit disturber..... but

Why would 'Rape' be capitalized here?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-15-2017

(04-15-2017, 08:28 AM)thecdn Wrote:
(04-15-2017, 08:08 AM)irukandji Wrote: The correct title should be: Did Adalind Rape Nick?

Not to be a shit disturber..... but

Why would 'Rape' be capitalized here?

In Catholic grade school when I attended....it would have been capitalized. Nowadays, probably not.

As an explanation, I capitalized the word, 'Rape', because it is the important part of the sentence.

(04-15-2017, 06:38 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-15-2017, 06:14 AM)Robyn Wrote: The show ignored the glaring aspect of unconstitutional governing & policing with a select few at the top having absolute rule without oversight.
There was a wesen council for much of the show but in 20 years we did not see anything like it to replace it.
I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me… Wasn’t the main, if not only, purpose of the council to prevent and address activity/behavior that would expose the Wesen population to humans? It had nothing to do with protecting individual rights/freedom, due process, etc, etc. If the council couldn’t keep a Wesen in line, agents were dispatched to permanently deal with them. From what I saw, current day Wesen were dealing with age old issues because instead of governing themselves and developing social rules & laws, they only concerned themselves with concealing their existence.

Is 20 years referring to the finale’s time jump? If so, the premise of the show is that Grimm are judge, jury, and executioner. There won’t be a Wesen led government as long as that form of policing is tolerated . If S5’s Wesen uprising had actually been about social change instead of a power grab by a select group, it might have brought about a social change that forced out Grimm’s antiquated method.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Hell Rell - 04-15-2017

There's a huge disconnect between what we see as good and what the characters do. That's painfully obvious! The children fighting wesen is going to be seen as horrible here but not in-universe.

Let's take Bud for example. He's probably the most innocent of all the characters we know. He likes Nick and his group and thinks they're a force for good. Bud definitely thought the worst of Grimms when he was introduced but that all changed when he met Nick. That's why he wasn't afraid when he met Trubel later on and felt comfortable enough to ask for her help.

The general attitude is that Nick does more good than bad. There's no way someone like Rosalee would've helped them if she thought otherwise. Of course, there are things I vehemently disagree with them on how they were handled but it's most likely not as extreme overall as the picture here is painting them to be.

I think one of the reasons their bad behavior stands out, well for me anyway, is the lack of diversity in the group. Monroe & Rosalee don’t take a stand against Nick because they feel differently about a Wesen situation. Hank & Wu don’t take a stand against Nick because they’re compelled to comply with the rule of law. Is it that they never have a position that differs from Nick’s or that they won’t go against him if they do?

I get that Nick deals with situations that fall outside the realm of typical law & order, but you’d think the other characters would occasionally disagree with Nick that the Grimm way is the only way.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - rpmaluki - 04-15-2017

(04-15-2017, 10:51 AM)Robyn Wrote: I think one of the reasons their bad behavior stands out, well for me anyway, is the lack of diversity in the group. Monroe & Rosalee don’t take a stand against Nick because they feel differently about a Wesen situation. Hank & Wu don’t take a stand against Nick because they’re compelled to comply with the rule of law. Is it that they never have a position that differs from Nick’s or that they won’t go against him if they do?

I get that Nick deals with situations that fall outside the realm of typical law & order, but you’d think the other characters would occasionally disagree with Nick that the Grimm way is the only way.
I agree about Hank and Wu but with Rosalee and Monroe, that is too much to expect. To them, a Grimm only lived to do one thing and nothing else until Nick showed up. It's never been about the law when you consider the history between wesen and Grimms. There's an episode where Monroe even implores Nick to go all "decaptare"on some wesen because applying Nick's almost PC way doing things wasn't enough in the situation they faces.

I don't think we can apply our way of things to the show's universe. A lot of what Nick did since day one is deplorable by our real world standards but in this world, Grimms were supposedly serving a higher calling, of being the shield in the dark between wesen and kehrseite whether we agreed or not. There are things that are permissible on TV that we would rail against in real life. And Grimms are such things, as much as authority in say the Marvel universe is seen/depicted as the ultimate evil that must be defeated. Or vampires are seen as good guys etc.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - izzy - 04-15-2017

(04-15-2017, 06:14 AM)Robyn Wrote: Nick wouldn’t discourage his son from following in his footsteps, accepting his duty as a Grimm, and his place at the top. Adalind wouldn’t question or stand against it. On the show, being a Grimm is the ultimate status.

I agree, My dope smokin', bed hopping, financially unstable acquaintances adamantly defend their lifestyle choices despite the havoc it has caused in their persona lives and the devastating impact it has had on their children and find reinforcement for their beliefs in their normative social circles.

Cut to the Grimm crew, I do not find it surprising that a group of societal degenerates would support each others social deviancy and hold up aspects of it as a badge of honor.