Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - bart - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 04:43 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 11:41 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-11-2017, 09:54 PM)Tara Wrote: And this is not something a woman should think about, let alone a pregnant woman who feels her baby kicking in her belly.

Adalind was very early in your pregnancy when she said her negative remarks and as the pregnancy moved on she regretted it. The only way Adalind can do redemption is to keep her children safe and take care of them the best she can.

She was not early in her pregnancy with Diana. She did something horrible when she rubbed that cream on her stomach. It appeared Diana didn't like that at all as she did her skull thing in response. I took it to mean Adalind hurt her in some way to make her more powerful.

I agree that the only way Adalind can redeem herself is to keep her children safe and take care of them the best she can. But I don't think she did as I was extremely disappointed in the finale that both had become grimms. Not only that, but Monroe's kids too. All of these parents should have had their heads examined.

Why you hate grimms so much?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Tara - 04-12-2017

If you mean me, I do not hate Grimm. I have only a grudge against Nadalind.

I like both as a character whether it's Nick or Adalind as a single person. But as a couple I can not stand them.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Mrtrick - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 04:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: I agree that the only way Adalind can redeem herself is to keep her children safe and take care of them the best she can. But I don't think she did as I was extremely disappointed in the finale that both had become grimms. Not only that, but Monroe's kids too. All of these parents should have had their heads examined.

Twenty years later, those kids seem to be doing well, so I'm not sure how you think Nick, Adalind and everyone else has failed them. And technically, Kelly is the only one who's a literal Grimm. But that's genetics, plain and simple. Even if he's working at a car wash in Boise Idaho, he's still going to be a Grimm. Monroe and Rosalee are Wesen, so it's not like they can divorce themselves from their community. I suppose they could leave Portland, move out to the country and isolate themselves from all possible dangers. But they have a drive to help people. A nature they discovered because of Nick. What lesson are they instilling in their children if they run and hide because the world is a threatening place. That's the guy Monroe was when the show began. Cloistered in his little world, working on his clocks, unwilling to engage. He has a real life now because he got dragged into that big dangerous world. And Adalind's situation is even more precarious. If she wasn't with Nick, and found herself bent on keeping the kids away from this life, how does she do this? Leave Portland and hide the kids so Nick and Sean can't find them? Lie to them about who they are and where they come from? If they do find out, do you try and stop them from learning more? At what point does sheltering them turn into a prison? Or Perhaps you think Nick and Renard would be okay with not knowing their children. As if it's better for Diana and Kelly to have no relationship with their fathers. Maybe they get to see them on the holidays. Or every other weekend. "But whatever you do, don't tell them anything to specific about your life or who they really are." And how do you deal with Diana's abilities? Should she learn to tamp them down, so she can be like everyone else? Do you tell her they're evil and can't be used? Hopefully that doesn't end with a Prom incident involving Pig's Blood and fire. Or maybe you just tell Diana that her powers serve no purpose. That she's not special and in no way should she ever use those gifts to help people. Explain to me the scenario where the kids are removed from all possible dangers, save for paper cuts and stubbed toes. How does it make sense? How does it end well? How do these characters end up fulfilled? You seem to know, so enlighten us.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 12:49 PM)Mrtrick Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 04:43 AM)irukandji Wrote: I agree that the only way Adalind can redeem herself is to keep her children safe and take care of them the best she can. But I don't think she did as I was extremely disappointed in the finale that both had become grimms. Not only that, but Monroe's kids too. All of these parents should have had their heads examined.

Twenty years later, those kids seem to be doing well, so I'm not sure how you think Nick, Adalind and everyone else has failed them. And technically, Kelly is the only one who's a literal Grimm. But that's genetics, plain and simple. Even if he's working at a car wash in Boise Idaho, he's still going to be a Grimm. Monroe and Rosalee are Wesen, so it's not like they can divorce themselves from their community. I suppose they could leave Portland, move out to the country and isolate themselves from all possible dangers. But they have a drive to help people. A nature they discovered because of Nick. What lesson are they instilling in their children if they run and hide because the world is a threatening place. That's the guy Monroe was when the show began. Cloistered in his little world, working on his clocks, unwilling to engage. He has a real life now because he got dragged into that big dangerous world. And Adalind's situation is even more precarious. If she wasn't with Nick, and found herself bent on keeping the kids away from this life, how does she do this? Leave Portland and hide the kids so Nick and Sean can't find them? Lie to them about who they are and where they come from? If they do find out, do you try and stop them from learning more? At what point does sheltering them turn into a prison? Or Perhaps you think Nick and Renard would be okay with not knowing their children. As if it's better for Diana and Kelly to have no relationship with their fathers. Maybe they get to see them on the holidays. Or every other weekend. "But whatever you do, don't tell them anything to specific about your life or who they really are." And how do you deal with Diana's abilities? Should she learn to tamp them down, so she can be like everyone else? Do you tell her they're evil and can't be used? Hopefully that doesn't end with a Prom incident involving Pig's Blood and fire. Or maybe you just tell Diana that her powers serve no purpose. That she's not special and in no way should she ever use those gifts to help people. Explain to me the scenario where the kids are removed from all possible dangers, save for paper cuts and stubbed toes. How does it make sense? How does it end well? How do these characters end up fulfilled? You seem to know, so enlighten us.

So you believe that having sex in the guise of another person and getting pregnant is really a good way to start a family? What about having someone bite you and you contaminate them with your blood because you know that will render them powerless? How about different types of enemies breaking into your house because they view you as a nemesis and in reality, you know they're right? What about flagrant disregard of an oath you took as a public servant because of some nonsense grimm thing that in fact, you really don't know a heck of a lot about? I guess you think this is a normal all in the day of the life.

Is it really fair for Nick to visit this kind of insanity on his children? It seems cruel to force them into a life of killing and mayhem. What about Adalind? She vowed at one point to raise her children right. Is that kind of cruelty really raising one's children right?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 03:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: So you believe that having sex in the guise of another person and getting pregnant is really a good way to start a family? What about having someone bite you and you contaminate them with your blood because you know that will render them powerless? How about different types of enemies breaking into your house because they view you as a nemesis and in reality, you know they're right? What about flagrant disregard of an oath you took as a public servant because of some nonsense grimm thing?

I would have love it Kelly had created a secure wesen/grimm newsletter that was popular. In order to build a better community society always had to create ways to better communicate.

(04-12-2017, 03:50 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 03:31 PM)irukandji Wrote: So you believe that having sex in the guise of another person and getting pregnant is really a good way to start a family? What about having someone bite you and you contaminate them with your blood because you know that will render them powerless? How about different types of enemies breaking into your house because they view you as a nemesis and in reality, you know they're right? What about flagrant disregard of an oath you took as a public servant because of some nonsense grimm thing?

I would have love it Kelly had created a secure wesen/grimm newsletter that was popular. In order to build a better community society always had to create ways to better communicate.

Exactly. The other thing to consider: Are the triplets and Diana the only young people Kelly gets to pal around with?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - izzy - 04-12-2017

Out of morbid curiosity I watched the last 3 minutes of the final episode. While I won't comment on how lame I thought it was, I shall take a different tack.

I think the ending was depressing. It appears Nick's life, Monroe and Rosalee's efforts were for naught. Instead of Nick being a new Grimm and forging a new path of understanding between wesen and Grimms we see his children are in essence throwbacks to Kelly and Aunt Marie. So the ancient tribalism continues. I guess if Grimm intended to be an analogy about Muslims(or some other group), current events, and a statement about how there can never be peace, then the succeeded. I really found nothing uplifting about the children, as grown-ups, grabbing weapons and going out to kill some wesen. My father was a ditch digger, he did not aspire to see me become a ditch digger too.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - rpmaluki - 04-12-2017

(04-12-2017, 03:31 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 12:49 PM)Mrtrick Wrote:

So you believe that having sex in the guise of another person and getting pregnant is really a good way to start a family? What about having someone bite you and you contaminate them with your blood because you know that will render them powerless? How about different types of enemies breaking into your house because they view you as a nemesis and in reality, you know they're right? What about flagrant disregard of an oath you took as a public servant because of some nonsense grimm thing that in fact, you really don't know a heck of a lot about? I guess you think this is a normal all in the day of the life.

Is it really fair for Nick to visit this kind of insanity on his children? It seems cruel to force them into a life of killing and mayhem. What about Adalind? She vowed at one point to raise her children right. Is that kind of cruelty really raising one's children right?
When Nick and Adalind did those things to one another, they weren't trying to start a relationship. They were enemies doing what they believed they had to for those they loved (Hank and Diana). Just because they fell in love later doesn't change the context of those actions.

Being a grimm on this show superceded any oaths Nick may have taken. Besides Trubel, I don't know about other Grimms whether they were cops or not, all I know is they have a calling that forces them to act outside of society's laws, breaking so many of them in order to maintain order between the human and wesen communities. It's been that way for hundreds of years. Nick couldn't change this aspect of his new found heritage even if he tried and try he did, at the beginning, but more and more he came across cases that demanded he deal with them as a grimm and not as a cop. To expect differently is to have a vastly different show than the one originally presented, a supernatural, cop procedural show.

When Adalind declared she wanted to raise her children right, she wasn't talking about shuffling them away in the middle of nowhere to keep them out of danger, she was talking about raising them differently to how Catherine raised her, taking advantage of her kids, their power for selfish purposes. Catherine used Adalind not only to pay off her debt to Renard but to mould her into something that showed disregard for others, their pain and suffering. The disappointment that Catherine exhibited when Adalind lost her powers it wasn't motherly, she didn't comfort her clearly distraught daughter. Instead she disowned Adalind, berating her for ruining all the plans she had for Adalind. Before this point, Adalind was on the fast track to becoming like her mother, using people. She'd used Diana to get her powers back but later had a change of heart about Diana but not about the kind of life she wanted for herself or her daughter. That came when she fell pregnant with Kelly. She realised that she couldn't follow her mother's example or remain a hexenbiest if she wanted to do right by her children and so she took the suppressant. Luckily for her, when her powers returned, she and Nick were on the road to being in love and her powers were tempered by her new circumstances of having people in her life that truly cared for her and supported her and Nick did his part to make certain she raised her children right and nothing at all like how her mother raised her.

(04-12-2017, 07:18 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: When Nick and Adalind did those things to one another, they weren't trying to start a relationship. They were enemies doing what they believed they had to for those they loved (Hank and Diana). Just because they fell in love later doesn't change the context of those actions.

I wasn't referring to Nick and Adalind starting a relationship, I was referring to their history. I've never seen such people who deliberately pretend that the injuries they inflicted on one another never happened. If they're pretending with regard to things that each did to one another, I have to wonder if they're pretending at everything else as well.

Quote:Being a grimm on this show superceded any oaths Nick may have taken. Besides Trubel, I don't know about other Grimms whether they were cops or not, all I know is they have a calling that forces them to act outside of society's laws, breaking so many of them in order to maintain order between the human and wesen communities. It's been that way for hundreds of years. Nick couldn't change this aspect of his new found heritage even if he tried and try he did, at the beginning, but more and more he came across cases that demanded he deal with them as a grimm and not as a cop. To expect differently is to have a vastly different show than the one originally presented, a supernatural, cop procedural show.

What all this comes down to is Nick is a half assed cop and a half assed grimm. He's ignoring his "legacy" to be a cop and ignoring his "oath" to be a grimm and unsuccessful at both. That not only makes him a big fool but an even bigger hypocrite.

Quote:When Adalind declared she wanted to raise her children right, she wasn't talking about shuffling them away in the middle of nowhere to keep them out of danger, she was talking about raising them differently to how Catherine raised her, taking advantage of her kids, their power for selfish purposes. Catherine used Adalind not only to pay off her debt to Renard but to mould her into something that showed disregard for others, their pain and suffering.

Catherine apparently raised Adalind with a tendency to harm and/or kill. In the last episode we heard Diana urging Kelly to hurry up so they could kill some wesen. I don't have the exact phrase here, so I am paraphrasing.

Diana's reaction to hurting and killing is no different than her mother's reaction. That's not raising your children right.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-13-2017

(04-12-2017, 08:56 PM)irukandji Wrote: Catherine apparently raised Adalind with a tendency to harm and/or kill. In the last episode we heard Diana urging Kelly to hurry up so they could kill some wesen. I don't have the exact phrase here, so I am paraphrasing.

Diana's reaction to hurting and killing is no different than her mother's reaction. That's not raising your children right.

Honestly, Adalind avoided violence since her beist fight with Juliette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNcofFnvqsg

End of "The End" transcript is below.
http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e13
[suspenseful music] Adult Kelly: Where did this come from? He didn't know what to tell them. But this time Zerstoerer did not come through the mirror anywhere in the world Because in the final, epic battle with the terrible beast from the Other Place, Nick Burkhardt discovered that the only way to defeat such evil was with the strength of his blood, his Aunt Marie, his mother Kelly, and Trubel, his third cousin on his mother's side the power of our ancestors. And though the people of our world would never know how close they had come to hell on Earth, we knew, because he never turned away from who he was, a Grimm. And for that reason, the world was changed. Some will say it's just myth, legend, or fairy tale, but I know it's true because my father told me so.

Adult Diana: Kelly, come on.
Adult Kelly: I'm almost done.
Adult Diana: Let's go.
Adult Kelly: Diana.
Adult Diana: Hurry up.
Adult Kelly: I'm coming.
Adult Diana: Mom and Dad are waiting. We've got Wesen to kill. The triplets are coming, too.
Adult Kelly: Yeah. What's taking you so long? [tense music]

Read more: http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e13