Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-09-2017

(04-09-2017, 07:30 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 07:19 PM)irukandji Wrote: I think I'm confused here. Are you saying you agree Adalind took Nick's Grimm out of revenge for taking Diana?
No, absolutely not. Adalind didn't know Nick or the others were even involved when she took Nick's Grimm. She believed Renard when he told her he had to give Diana to Viktor to keep her and himself safe from the Royals.

Because Adalind believed Kelly had left Portland - alone - and couldn't help her get Diana back, she called Viktor and begged him to let her see Diana.

Viktor pretended he actually had Diana, and agreed that Adalind could see her if she took Nick's Grimm.

At that point, Adalind was angry with Renard and if she wanted revenge, it would have been against Renard - not Nick.

So no, Adalind didn't take Nick's Grimm for revenge. She did it so Viktor would allow her to see Diana. If Renard hadn't lied about giving Diana to Viktor, Adalind would not have called Viktor.

If Renard had instead lied that the Resistance came to Portland and took Diana by force, Adalind wouldn't have had any options because she didn't know how to reach anyone in the Resistance.

I'm still not following your logic here. If Adalind didn't take Nick's grimm for revenge why did she tell him she did it because he took Diana?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MANTItotheCore - 04-09-2017

(04-09-2017, 02:47 PM)Tara Wrote: Nobody have said Nick should left Adalind...but that's not the woman, we know. She try to please but Adalind is her own people but she want to please. She is her own person. With own wishes and own commitments. If she is so focused on another person, it's not right. Nobody should change for someone and I really mean no one. You can make compromise but change so much - it can not be love.

And I don't say it because I can't stand Adalind. I say it as woman. I wouldn't change myself if the people don't like me - then I don't need them. Everyone can make compromise but change doesn't be.

for my part, I don't see it that way AT ALL. Adalind is her own woman. Period. She was devastated by the loss of Diana and the hunt that she undertook afterward. Even if you hate Adalind, you have to watch those episodes of her crying pitiably begging anyone who would listen to help her find her child. It was during this time that she smoked the hat and slept with Nick at the request of the Royals, hoping to get Diana back. When she gets pregnant with Kelly, Adalind is in fear of her life from Juliette who was trying to kill her. Naturally, she went to the father of her baby who would be killed with her (not that Juliette cared at that time). It is clear she and Nick developed a love for each other and that's were we ended.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-09-2017

(04-09-2017, 07:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'm still not following your logic here. If Adalind didn't take Nick's grimm for revenge why did she tell him she did it because he took Diana?

Sean, in season 3 after mama Kelly left with Diana, told Nick and Hank to lie to Adalind and tell her that the royals had her. They had wanted to tell Adalind the same story as the royals that the resistance has her. Sean said the royals would not talk to Adalind which is not true. Viktor told Adalind to take Nick's grimm in order to see Diana again and made comments about Adalind could do because she was immune to Nick's blood.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-09-2017

(04-09-2017, 08:05 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 07:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: I'm still not following your logic here. If Adalind didn't take Nick's grimm for revenge why did she tell him she did it because he took Diana?

Sean, in season 3 after mama Kelly left with Diana, told Nick and Hank to lie to Adalind and tell her that the royals had her. They had wanted to tell Adalind the same story as the royals that the resistance has her. Sean said the royals would not talk to Adalind which is not true. Viktor told Adalind to take Nick's grimm in order to see Diana again and made comments about Adalind could do because she was immune to Nick's blood.

I understand all that. I don't understand why Adalind would tell Nick she took his grimm because he took her child from her.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Robyn - 04-09-2017

Who knows why the show had her word it that way. If her statement was meant to imply revenge, it contradicts the S3 scenes that aired, because Adalind never suspected Nick was involved until after she returned to Europe.

Maybe if S5 had Nick/Adalind having honest, open conversations that actually allowed them to share their fears and resentments, we would have seen them work through the emotional issues of their violent past, and the supposedly loving and committed relationship in S6 would have been believable.

Why does Diana have a vivid memory of parents she hasn't seen since she was 10 days old, but can't remember the people that took her from her mother or that her father gave her away, or that Juliette was at the house the night 'her other mommy' was killed? Maybe because the show wants to ignore some events and manipulate other events to fit the current storyline?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-09-2017

(04-09-2017, 08:14 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 08:05 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

I understand all that. I don't understand why Adalind would tell Nick she took his grimm because he took her child from her.

She means if Nick had not taken Diana from her then she would not have to listen to Viktor. He wanted her to take Nick's grimm away to get access to Diana. It was poor wording.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - rpmaluki - 04-09-2017

Viktor realised Nick, his mom and the scoobies were the ones that took Diana and Viktor set Adalind against Nick as a result without Adalind knowing the whole story. Adalind only found out after the deed that Nick and his friends were the ones that actually took Diana because Viktor eventually told her so. Adalind ultimately realised that the whole purpose of Nick losing his power was because he took Diana, Viktor had used her as a pawn to strip him of his abilities.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Purity - 04-09-2017

(04-09-2017, 07:45 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 07:30 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 07:19 PM)irukandji Wrote: I think I'm confused here. Are you saying you agree Adalind took Nick's Grimm out of revenge for taking Diana?
No, absolutely not. Adalind didn't know Nick or the others were even involved when she took Nick's Grimm. She believed Renard when he told her he had to give Diana to Viktor to keep her and himself safe from the Royals.

Because Adalind believed Kelly had left Portland - alone - and couldn't help her get Diana back, she called Viktor and begged him to let her see Diana.

Viktor pretended he actually had Diana, and agreed that Adalind could see her if she took Nick's Grimm.

At that point, Adalind was angry with Renard and if she wanted revenge, it would have been against Renard - not Nick.

So no, Adalind didn't take Nick's Grimm for revenge. She did it so Viktor would allow her to see Diana. If Renard hadn't lied about giving Diana to Viktor, Adalind would not have called Viktor.

If Renard had instead lied that the Resistance came to Portland and took Diana by force, Adalind wouldn't have had any options because she didn't know how to reach anyone in the Resistance.

I'm still not following your logic here. If Adalind didn't take Nick's grimm for revenge why did she tell him she did it because he took Diana?

What's written by Robyn and others are quiet clear tbh. Not sure how clearer it could be. Adalind was not seeking revenge on Nick, she had no idea about the scoobies playing a role with Diana's dissapearance.
The Royals simply needed the Grimm out of thier way dead and done, and had been since S1 as they always saw him to be a threat and a bigger threat being an ally with Saun. So what better way but to use Adalind.
Adalind once again found herself all alone, hatred for Saun for what he did even after she ran to him with Diana from Nick and mother Kelly, thinking Saun was the only person she could trust with thier child. I am sure that was her worst feeling ever. After being told a lie by the one person she felt she could only trust since he was the father of Diana that the Royals took Diana and no one to help get her back, all she had left was to beg the Royals to see/be with her daughter and was ready to do anything for that (mother's instinct), hence the option was given to her to take the Grimm's powers away.

So the picture here is; there was nothing close to an act of revenge of any sort focused on any or one particular person. It was just a mother who was desperately looking for a chance/way to get back her missing child (daughter).

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Tara - 04-09-2017

(04-09-2017, 07:59 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 02:47 PM)Tara Wrote: Nobody have said Nick should left Adalind...but that's not the woman, we know. She try to please but Adalind is her own people but she want to please. She is her own person. With own wishes and own commitments. If she is so focused on another person, it's not right. Nobody should change for someone and I really mean no one. You can make compromise but change so much - it can not be love.

And I don't say it because I can't stand Adalind. I say it as woman. I wouldn't change myself if the people don't like me - then I don't need them. Everyone can make compromise but change doesn't be.

for my part, I don't see it that way AT ALL. Adalind is her own woman. Period. She was devastated by the loss of Diana and the hunt that she undertook afterward. Even if you hate Adalind, you have to watch those episodes of her crying pitiably begging anyone who would listen to help her find her child. It was during this time that she smoked the hat and slept with Nick at the request of the Royals, hoping to get Diana back. When she gets pregnant with Kelly, Adalind is in fear of her life from Juliette who was trying to kill her. Naturally, she went to the father of her baby who would be killed with her (not that Juliette cared at that time). It is clear she and Nick developed a love for each other and that's were we ended.

I had no sympathy for her at that time. She brought herself in trouble. The child is innocent, of course. But she wouldn't go to Nick when it wasn't for the reason of Juliette. And she has herself to blame for it.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Purity - 04-09-2017

(04-09-2017, 08:27 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Viktor realised Nick, his mom and the scoobies were the ones that took Diana and Viktor set Adalind against Nick as a result without Adalind knowing the whole story. Adalind only found out after the deed that Nick and his friends were the ones that actually took Diana because Viktor eventually told her so. Adalind ultimately realised that the whole purpose of Nick losing his power was because he took Diana, Viktor had used her as a pawn to strip him of his abilities.

I am not certain (If I remember correctly) the Royals even figured out it was Kelly who took the child when they asked Adalind to take Nick's Grimm powers. It was only after releasing Adalind from the Beist prison in Austria, that she told them the whole story about Kelly's involvment. That was when they all realised the resistance did not have Diana.