Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - rpmaluki - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 09:37 PM)Juliette Wrote: I do not think so, and I dare to doubt that Diana will call Nick, Dad.
You certainly can think that but the writers said differently, Nick and Adalind are still together 20 years later, fighting together with both children, carrying on the progressive Grimm tradition. Diana has grown to see Nick as her second dad, it says nothing about her rejecting Sean or preferring Nick, only that Nick, Adalind, Diana and Kelly are tight family unit that fights the wesen fight as one, with the help of their friends who are like members of their extended family, including Sean.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Mrtrick - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 09:19 PM)irukandji Wrote: The last I heard, Renard was Diana's dad, not Nick. So is Nick really with Adalind 20 years later?

Nick is the main character, so they're not going to be talking about what Renard was doing, in the final scene. The whole point of that epilogue was Nick's legacy. His family. Not some other guy who isn't even a Grimm. Diana being there and calling him Dad, is meant to highlight that she is as much a part of him as Kelly is, by this point. And the writers have said that they're all a big happy family, fighting the good fight. And if you intend to bring up the idea that the generalization of that statement could include Renard, I would say that, as it specifically relates to the scene, if they don't mention Monroe, Rosalee, Eve, Trubel, Hank or Wu, they sure aren't going to bring up Renard.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 09:44 PM)Mrtrick Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 09:19 PM)irukandji Wrote: The last I heard, Renard was Diana's dad, not Nick. So is Nick really with Adalind 20 years later?

Nick is the main character, so they're not going to be talking about what Renard was doing, in the final scene. The whole point of that epilogue was Nick's legacy. His family. Not some other guy who isn't even a Grimm. Diana being there and calling him Dad, is meant to highlight that she is as much a part of him as Kelly, is by this point. And the writers have said that they're all a big happy family, fighting the good fight. And if you intend to bring up the idea that the generalization of that statement could include Renard, I would say that, as it specifically relates to the scene, if they don't mention Monroe, Rosalee, Eve, Trubel, Hank or Wu, they sure aren't going to bring up Renard.

Funny how Kelly referred to him as "my dad". If Diana felt he was her father, wouldn't the wording be "our dad"?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Circe27 - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 09:46 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 09:44 PM)Mrtrick Wrote:

Nick is the main character, so they're not going to be talking about what Renard was doing, in the final scene. The whole point of that epilogue was Nick's legacy. His family. Not some other guy who isn't even a Grimm. Diana being there and calling him Dad, is meant to highlight that she is as much a part of him as Kelly, is by this point. And the writers have said that they're all a big happy family, fighting the good fight. And if you intend to bring up the idea that the generalization of that statement could include Renard, I would say that, as it specifically relates to the scene, if they don't mention Monroe, Rosalee, Eve, Trubel, Hank or Wu, they sure aren't going to bring up Renard.

Funny how Kelly referred to him as "my dad". If Diana felt he was her father, wouldn't the wording be "our dad"?

You mean when he wrote it in the book?

TVLINE | But as we see in the flashforward, we see that Diana and Kelly are carrying on the Grimm work, and they mention that Adalind and Nick — as well as the triplets — are involved. What can you tell me about how everyone else ended up?
KOUF | They’re all just one big, happy family, fighting evil together.
GREENWALT |They’re all fighting the good fight, in one way or the other. Trubel’s definitely out there. She’s “have sword, will travel” for sure.

(04-08-2017, 09:35 PM)Circe27 Wrote: So far we have Nick under a spell, Adalind is mentally ill, and now Adalind is a treacherous woman staying with Nick for 20 years just to betray him. Did I miss anything? And G&K gave multiple interviews confirming Nick and Adalind are still together 20 years later and Dad mentioned was Nick.

It never pays to crow too loudly when one makes statements like this and can't back them up when asked:

Quote:Juliette was not well liked by a sizeable portion of the audience the first 3 seasons.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - rpmaluki - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 09:40 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 09:33 PM)rpmaluki Wrote: Yes, they are still together and yes Renard is still Diana's father and Diana's grown close to her step dad because of Adalind and kelly.

I don't recall seeing an older Nick and Adalind together. I also recall Diana telling Nick, "you're not my dad". Furthermore, I never saw Diana ever warm up to Nick. She always called him, "Nick". That's totally appropriate since, in her eyes, she only has one dad.
You also never saw the going on of the last twenty years to assume that Nick and Diana's relationship didn't grow. In the last two episodes, Nick made concerted efforts to shield Diana from Zerstörer and even when Z had her under her thrall and had compelled her to come with him, Nick told his dead mother and Aunt that he wanted Diana back. After Z died, Diana happily embraced Nick, happy Z was dead and she wasn't afraid anymore and Nick was more than happy to hold her. Things between Nick and Diana were far improved before the 20year jump.

Without actual scenes to show what you're specifically looking for, the writers have provided answers to fill the gaps. You can simply take it or leave it.

Really? Shall we look back at all of yours?

(04-08-2017, 09:50 PM)Circe27 Wrote: Really? Shall we look back at all of yours?

I recommend checking your own first before going after someone else.

(04-08-2017, 09:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 09:50 PM)Circe27 Wrote: Really? Shall we look back at all of yours?

I think that's great advice you should take.

(04-08-2017, 09:40 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 09:35 PM)Circe27 Wrote: So far we have Nick under a spell, Adalind is mentally ill, and now Adalind is a treacherous woman staying with Nick for 20 years just to betray him. Did I miss anything? And G&K gave multiple interviews confirming Nick and Adalind are still together 20 years later and Dad mentioned was Nick.

Don't forget serial killer! It's too bad because I really want to watch this show.

You forgot rapist.

(04-08-2017, 09:54 PM)Circe27 Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 09:53 PM)irukandji Wrote:

I think that's great advice you should take.

After you.