Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 06:30 AM)Circe27 Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 06:17 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 06:01 AM)Circe27 Wrote: To be totally honest, I was surprised the writers had Nick and Adalind end up together even though I personally prefer Nick and Adalind together over Nick and Juliette. I figured, before season 6 started when I read about seeing Juliette in Eve, they'd get back together by the finale. Or Nick would be single and there would be signs of a future reconciliation.

I see Nick with both women in his life at then end. Eve/Juliette was able to get Nick to drop his guilt so he could work with her as an equal and be good friends again. Humans can love more than one person and who Nick is having sex with at any time is nowhere near as important as Nick deciding what role he wanted in the lives of Kelly and Diana. Nick's' mom died protecting Diana so Nick felt he had to protect her as well as his own son. At the end, Nick was able to love Adalind and Juliette and have reasonable expectation about their lives.

I wasn't talking just about who he's having sex with, I meant who he was in love with. When he came back from Germany up to episodes 5x 21 & 22, I didn't think the relationship would last. Season 6 changed that for me and I was surprised by it.
IMO he still in love with both women that it why is I see it about kids and sex to me. He does not love Eve/Juliette enough to leave three people and walk away from being an active father for his life. Eve/Juliette wants a life committed to helping wesen now not a traditional family life because she realizes how complicated Nick's life really is.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Circe27 - 04-08-2017

[quote='MarylikesGrimm' pid='54287'
IMO he still in love with both women.
[/quote]

I never got that myself. I think he will always love Juliette but wasn't still in love with her. He definitely was never in love with Eve, he cared about her but it was a platonic relationship.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 04:44 AM)Juliette Wrote: And I mean as I said it: If Nick wouldn't turn away of her and show her from the first moment that he was there for her. Juliette wouldn't have turn the sides. So I can very well understand that she was angry and disappointed. It is understandable that she did not want to talk to him. (I would not have spoken to him. At least not on the first or second attempt.)

And that's with a reason why I'm so angry and have a grudge against Nadalind : ) At first he doesn't accept it with Juliette but with Adalind.

I can understand why you're angry. I am totally incensed over the show turning Juliette into a betrayer because it was totally not within her character. I also am angry that the show refused to show Nick as a capable and compassionate Grimm who's able to deal with a girlfriend who's changing and she can't understand why. After all, he's the big grimm in all this, the totally different grimm, the prophecy. Yet for all this greatness, he has a short fuse with regard to her predicament. For that matter, all the scoobies seemed to turn a blind eye to her dilemma as well. It's as though the creative team said, let's give them one or two tries at her, then we'll have Nick call her 50 times to show he's still interested. After that, bye bye Juliette.

For me, I believe the show meant to push Adalind and Nick together. Otherwise Adalind wouldn't have sparked the cutesy remark that Nick was her first woge and he wouldn't have shot back that she was his as well.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - rpmaluki - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 06:01 AM)Circe27 Wrote: To be totally honest, I was surprised the writers had Nick and Adalind end up together even though I personally prefer Nick and Adalind together over Nick and Juliette. I figured, before season 6 started when I read about seeing Juliette in Eve, they'd get back together by the finale. Or Nick would be single and there would be signs of a future reconciliation.

I see Nick with both women in his life at then end. Eve/Juliette was able to get Nick to drop his guilt so he could work with her as an equal and be good friends again. Humans can love more than one person and who Nick is having sex with at any time is nowhere near as important as Nick deciding what role he wanted in the lives of Kelly and Diana. Nick's' mom died protecting Diana so Nick felt he had to protect her as well as his own son. At the end, Nick was able to love Adalind and Juliette and have reasonable expectation about their lives.

I wasn't talking just about who he's having sex with, I meant who he was in love with. When he came back from Germany up to episodes 5x 21 & 22, I didn't think the relationship would last. Season 6 changed that for me and I was surprised by it.
I expected them to undo it because we knew they were bringing back Juliette in some form but they didn't. It makes me wonder then why they switched things around between coming back from Germany and the end of S5 if Nick back with Juliette wasn't on the cards.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Devegs - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 07:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: ...Otherwise Adalind wouldn't have sparked the cutesy remark that Nick was her first woge and he wouldn't have shot back that she was his as well.

Nick was the one who brought up the conversation and said Adalind was his first woge. Then she countered that he was her first grimm.

(04-08-2017, 07:13 AM)Devegs Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 07:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: ...Otherwise Adalind wouldn't have sparked the cutesy remark that Nick was her first woge and he wouldn't have shot back that she was his as well.

Nick was the one who brought up the conversation and said Adalind was his first woge. Then she countered that he was her first grimm.

It doesn't really matter who brought it up first, does it? Mission accomplished. The seed was planted.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Devegs - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 07:14 AM)irukandji Wrote:

It doesn't matter who brought it up really, does it? The show planted the seed.

It kinda of does in the context that you used it

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 06:46 AM)Circe27 Wrote: I never got that myself. I think he will always love Juliette but wasn't still in love with her. He definitely was never in love with Eve, he cared about her but it was a platonic relationship.

Nick called Eve "Juliette" at least 2 times or more this season. He loves Eve/Juliette in a platonic way because he let go of his guilt for destroying "Juliette". When Eve talks to Nick at the end of "Where the Wild Things Were" it is all about trying to get Nick to let go of the past expectations and live in the present. That way they can enjoy being friends again and accept each other current goals.

Eve and Nick at the end of "Where the Wild Things Were" Transcript.

[exhales] Good thing you brought that. (gun)
If I'd known I was gonna need this many bullets, I'd have brought more. [sharp exhale] Only three left.
I'll check outside the perimeter.
No, no, no. No, hey. We don't split up. We stay together.
I don't want to be rescued, Nick. I came here for a reason.
You can't take on the skull thing alone.
You have a son. You should be thinking of him.
You're here because of me. None of this would have ever happened to you if you hadn't met me.
So you think I wanna change that? -
Yes, I do.

Well, I don't. A lot of bad things happened to me when all of this started. I didn't understand it. I was scared and angry, and I did a lot of terrible things. Things I can never forgive Juliette for. But I'm not Juliette anymore, Nick. She's gone. There may be a part of me that is like her, but it is not who I am now and it's not who I'm gonna be again. I don't blame you. When we were together, I only knew a part of who you were. You only knew a part of who you were.

[solemn music] None of us are who we used to be. And that's good. You really believe we're all better off?
I have a strength and a purpose that I never had before. I know you're here because you loved me once, and you feel responsible for the bad things that have happened, but you can't change any of it. And I can't change any of it. And if you could, would you really want to go back to the way things were, just to be happy? Happy doesn't interest me anymore, Nick. It just gets in the way. [exhales] You know, everything that has happened to us, that brought us together right here, right now happened for a reason. So I think you're right.

Right about what?
I can't kill Zerstoerer alone. It's gonna take both of us.

Read more: http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s06e11

(04-08-2017, 07:15 AM)Devegs Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 07:14 AM)irukandji Wrote:

It doesn't matter who brought it up really, does it? The show planted the seed.

It kinda of does in the context that you used it

I guess you're not going to followup with an explanation?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Circe27 - 04-08-2017

(04-08-2017, 07:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:

I expected them to undo it because we knew they were bringing back Juliette in some form but they didn't. It makes me wonder then why they switched things around between coming back from Germany and the end of S5 if Nick back with Juliette wasn't on the cards.
I think fan reaction had some input in the storyline change. From what I have read, they changed Juliette because she wasn't connecting to the audience because the character wasn't well developed.