Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-06-2017

(04-06-2017, 08:46 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: Thanks! I really like the Manticore wessen.

I actually do too. I always wondered if there were some good ones out there and what little Manticores are like.

(04-06-2017, 08:46 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote: I appreciate your taking the time to explain it and it seems reasonable.

For my part, from the moment Ken asked Juliette to dupe Kelly into coming to 'rescue' Nick, bringing Diana, that it was going to end any other way than with Kelly's death. No chance Kelly gives up Diana willingly. They would have to take her and Kelly's not going to survive the encounter. I mean, did you think they would knock her out, take Diana, and then leave Kelly alive?

My problem is that Juliette could have used her MOST awesome Hexy powers and stopped them from killing Kelly, but she waited until it was over and Kelly was dead.

Honestly, I believe Juliette was the patsy in all of this. I'm not excusing her actions, but I don't believe that only Kenneth knew of her email. HW was closely monitoring everything and I have a feeling they were tipped off, possibly by Kelly herself.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Hell Rell - 04-06-2017

(04-06-2017, 06:19 PM)irukandji Wrote: I was simply pointing out ways in which Adalind could ingratiate herself in order to get into Nick's good graces. According to some of the comments here, Adalind was desperate. If she is that desperate, then it's not out of her realm to use whatever means she can to get Nick's protection and a safe haven.

(04-06-2017, 06:11 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 05:58 PM)irukandji Wrote: If you're going to do something of this nature, I ask that you point out all of the so called misrepresentations and not just singling out my comments. That's not very sporting and is a misrepresentation in itself.

How so? You're comments are the ones I singled out because no one else said that they aren't concerned with Adalind attempting to kill Marie as you claim. That was the misrepresentation because you say they did.

I'll tell you what this really is. You're ticked because I'm making comments about Adalind without bringing Sean into it and you feel that's unfair. These recent posts about misrepresentations and singling out my comments specifically are nothing more than a diversion tactic. Deny it all you want but that is exactly what you're doing.

You weren't using what Adalind could do to get Nick as a hypothetical. You presented your thoughts like that was what actually happened on the show. That's what I was disagreeing with in my argument and wondering how Adalind had a scheme to take Nick away from Juliette.

I can guarantee you that this is not a diversion tactic. You're making up a narrative of Adalind going to Nick for anything other than protection. I'm pointing out how there has been nothing in the show to support it.

This was really about you saying people were unconcerned about Adalind attempting to kill Marie when no one did. Saying I'm trying to create a diversion is another misrepresentation.

As for the topic at hand, I'm one of the people who has said that Adalind did rape Nick. I'm not some Adalind apologist just for anyone who may think that, not including you on this one.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 04-07-2017

(04-06-2017, 09:10 PM)irukandji Wrote: Honestly, I believe Juliette was the patsy in all of this. I'm not excusing her actions, but I don't believe that only Kenneth knew of her email. HW was closely monitoring everything and I have a feeling they were tipped off, possibly by Kelly herself.

We do not learn about the term HW until season 5. Kelly worked for the resistance who are mostly in Europe not the US and is an old organization. HW was recently created by governments to oppose Black Claw. Ken worked for the Royals who are Humans who know about wesen (Kehrseite-Schlich-Kennen).

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Hadrian%27s_Wall
Hadrian's Wall, or HW, is a secret government organization that is a branch of the Federal Government opposing Black Claw. ("A Reptile Dysfunction")

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Purity - 04-07-2017

(04-06-2017, 08:33 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 07:36 AM)Mrtrick Wrote: Sean sent Adalind to try and kill Marie, but she was unsuccessful because Nick recognized her. Marie didn't even know about it because she was unconcious at the time. And when Adalind cursed Hank, Nick did go after her. They had a huge fight, in which Adalind lost her powers. And if Nick chooses not kill her at the time, it's because in those early years, he was still very much in cop mode. Not to mention the fact that Nick has never been the sort to kill a defenseless woman, which she was by that point. Lastly, when Juliette was put under a sleeping curse, Adalind made quick tracks to Europe. Nick tried to find her, but couldn't. Had he caught up to her, maybe it goes badly, but that's a road untraveled. By the time Adalind was back in town, Juliette was alive and well, (relatively speaking), so Nick's anger had abated. He certainly hated her guts, but he wasn't going to try and murder her for something that almost happened.

If Nick was weirded out by Juliette as a Hexenbeist, it's as much because of what Adalind had done, as it was was the shock of seeing her face turn into this frightening visage. At this point, Nick still had the traditional Grimm view of the Hexenbeist. And Juliette wasn't exactly comforting about it, rubbing it in his face. Nothing that happened over the next few weeks would help to assuage those jaundiced opinions. Nick did everything he could to bring Juliette back, but she was fighting him at every turn. Even after Kelly's death he couldn't bring himself to kill her. Trubel had to pull the trigger.

What happened with Adalind is so much more complicated than hooking up with her because she was having his baby. It begins with the fact that Adalind had been slowly and subtly changing for quite some time. From pregnancy onward, she had been working her way back to a buried humanity. Even after becoming a Hexenbeist again, those changes continued. I've always believed that the Hexenbeist within her had been slowly chipped away by a series of events. Sharing that power with Diana. Turning into Juliette and creating a magical connection to Nick. Having Juliette take a portion of that power for herself. It all had the effect of removing the Hexenbeist influence on Adalind's psyche. By the time she willingly gives up that power to create the suppressant, Adalind is already a changed woman. She just doesn't know it yet. The rest is an emotional armor that she had been building for herself since childhood. Her mother had wanted to mold her in her own image, and though she tried to buck that path, by the time we meet her, that's exactly who she's become. An object for powerful men like Sean Renard and the Royals to use out of lust and a desire for influence and control. Her entire journey over the first four seasons, (though she doesn't realize it), is to break free of that path.

When Nick is confronted with a pregnant Adalind, what else can he do but protect her. That's his child inside of her. Neither of their views of each other has changed at this point. He doesn't trust her. She's still afraid of him. But once that Hexenbeist side of her is suppressed, he can't keep looking at her as an enemy, but as a pregnant woman. One he needs to take care of. From a male perspective, that's an almost instinctual reaction. Once the fight was finished, and they had time to consider what was happening in their lives, they had no choice but to lean on each other. With a baby to look after and threats still looming, they had to huddle together. Inspite of their past, an intimacy inevitably developed. They had to get to know each other as people instead of archetypes. It had to shock both of them when they realized that they actually liked each other. Knowing her as a person and learning to care about her had a lasting effect on his whole view of the Hexenbeist issue. When she got her powers back, it didn't change her personality or her loyalty to him, so Nick never had a reason to fall back on old prejudices. For Adalind, falling in love with Nick was easy because she found herself living with a man who was kind and protective. A man who cared about her and respected her in a way that no man probably ever had in her whole life. An actual Knight in shining armor and loving father, which she probably doubted existed. For Nick, it was like living with a completely different woman. Atleast, different from any of his expectations. She was warm and supportive. They never bickered about anything. She became and unexpected foundation for him in turbulent times. Recognizing it as love was a slower process for Nick, but she just kept surprising him. Seeing her, day in and day out, as a loving and patient mother also had a massive impact on his evolving affection for her. He told Monroe once, before he had slept with Adalind, that it all seemed so "strangely normal". Eventually it stopped being strange to him at all. If you want to blame someone or something for what happened between them, blame fate. It forced them to view the world and each other differently. People do get to change, for better or worse. They just underwent a positive one. And for all her pain, Eve is where she's meant to be as well. She said she wouldn't change things if she could. That applies to Nick and Adalind as well as herself.

Doesn't all this tell you that the series was biased toward Adalind?

I know a lot has been written after but regarding Mrtrick's post to your Q Iru, I see no biased direction towards Adalind. Faith and facts.... life is always complicated in everyway one sees it. Adalind had her moments, Eve too, it was left to how each worked out thier paths. Well put Mrtrick

(04-06-2017, 09:01 AM)Tara Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 08:47 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 08:39 AM)Tara Wrote: And who is to blame for the break up? Would Nick and Juliette separate if Adalind wouldn't have done it? The answer is NO

You know, you really have to wonder at Nick's mentality over the breakup and subsequent move toward Adalind. She's (and excuse my language here) continually s**t on him. Yet he still gravitates toward her because she's sporting his child? Weird guy.

On the other hand, it could simply be looked at as one more step in putting them together.

irukandji, This is the same thing I think. It feels forced and somehow not right. If it's for the sake of Kelly. They do not need to be together. But For me Nadalind is a red cloth. I just can not make friends with them. But this is probably due to the fact that I prefer Nickliette more.

I don't say I don't like Adalind as Character I just say I don't belief Nadalind.

You know, watching all through the seasons, Juliette from all the friends of Nick, she was the only one to deprive Nick of his destiny and who he is. She even called thier relationship an infection all just because of who he is "something he never asked for but had it for was meant to be".
Juliette's relationship was a stand still, always pulled Nick backwards, he could not move forward. Even in S6, he is still stuck in the past with a guilt trip as she was.
Adalind on the other hand, she understood him better and made him understand/ believe he had purpose, she never held him down, only then Nick realising his life with her was moving forward with positive perspectives.

Ofcource the Nadalind relationship was the better of the 2. In a Grimm way, it was healthier for Nick than when he was with Juliette.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-07-2017

(04-06-2017, 10:26 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: You weren't using what Adalind could do to get Nick as a hypothetical. You presented your thoughts like that was what actually happened on the show. That's what I was disagreeing with in my argument and wondering how Adalind had a scheme to take Nick away from Juliette.

I can guarantee you that this is not a diversion tactic. You're making up a narrative of Adalind going to Nick for anything other than protection. I'm pointing out how there has been nothing in the show to support it.

This was really about you saying people were unconcerned about Adalind attempting to kill Marie when no one did. Saying I'm trying to create a diversion is another misrepresentation.

As for the topic at hand, I'm one of the people who has said that Adalind did rape Nick. I'm not some Adalind apologist just for anyone who may think that, not including you on this one.

I'm not denying I said it. I did. But if you're presenting an argument about misrepresentation, then you need to include all of the statements of misrepresentation. Otherwise you yourself are guilty of misrepresentation. I know there's at least another in this thread and probably more than that if I go back which I am not going to do. Aside from that there are hundreds in the forum to which you have never raised any objection. You seem to be ignoring that fact and focusing on mine and mine alone. That is not being objective or fair.

You're ticked at what's being said about an imaginary character in an imaginary show where everyone here, not just me, is including their thoughts and their perceptions, true or not.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - brandon - 04-07-2017

I think that at some point they-Juliette and Nick-both had the same idea about a family and having a home,
but he happened to be a "GRIMM",and the relationship was complicated because it represented more danger than the life of a police.The invasion of the ogre and Kimurain the house.She was upset about what did Adalind.
I think so, Adalind has understood better because his life was never perfect as if it must have been Juliette.
Adalind and Nick have sought stability in their lives, too Rosalee -His secret prison life. and Monroe
Can anyone think they did not understand what juliette was like "Hexenbiest"'
A question about the first chapter-1 season-
Nick guesses on Adalind that she earns so much and has a car.
And the other is she was in love with a man in the firm?. wanted to be a buffete member.?
I do not know what the correct translation is.

(04-07-2017, 03:51 AM)Purity Wrote: You know, watching all through the seasons, Juliette from all the friends of Nick, she was the only one to deprive Nick of his destiny and who he is. She even called thier relationship an infection all just because of who he is "something he never asked for but had it for was meant to be".
Juliette's relationship was a stand still, always pulled Nick backwards, he could not move forward. Even in S6, he is still stuck in the past with a guilt trip as she was.
Adalind on the other hand, she understood him better and made him understand/ believe he had purpose, she never held him down, only then Nick realising his life with her was moving forward with positive perspectives.

Ofcource the Nadalind relationship was the better of the 2. In a Grimm way, it was healthier for Nick than when he was with Juliette.

IMO Juliette/Eve only gave Nick two choices non-wesen traditional marriage and family or Nick was a grimm where Juliette was a real partner to a "superhero" and no kids would be the likely outcome due to safety.

IMO Juliette/Eve never shows any interest in raising Kelly because that does fit into the choices she offered Nick. Once Nick made the choice to be a Grimm again Juliette/Eve respected that choice by taking the potion and the risks. Nick and Juliette had lost the chance to have a non-wesen traditional marriage and family at that point. Juliette/Eve was not raised a wesen so she wanted to equal partnership as part of the Grimm couple which became even more important to her when she began a hexenbiest. Nick the Grimm wanted to raise a Grimm family but one that would be restricted to protect the mother and the children. Eve/Juliette never wanted a restricted role instead wanted the normal one a women has in the US as part of marriage.

Eve and Nick in the last 3 shows were able to work together as heros and partners and Eve as a full member of the scooby team. Eve is able to work well with Adalind too. Eve/Juliette has the kind of relationship she wanted with Nick and the wesen world. Once Eve/Juliette got Nick to accept and stop feeling guilty about them not having a chance for a normal family life since he wanted to be a Grimm they both could move on as friends.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-07-2017

(04-07-2017, 03:51 AM)Purity Wrote: You know, watching all through the seasons, Juliette from all the friends of Nick, she was the only one to deprive Nick of his destiny and who he is. She even called thier relationship an infection all just because of who he is "something he never asked for but had it for was meant to be".

This is interesting. Do you see Nick as a failure because of Juliette?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Tara - 04-07-2017

Sure thing, Nadalind is healthy - not that I laugh, sarcasm out.

Juliette did everything for Nick out of Love. And what did Adalind?

(04-07-2017, 10:01 AM)Tara Wrote: Sure thing, Nadalind is healthy - not that I laugh, sarcasm out.

Juliette did everything for Nick out of Love. And what did Adalind?

Both Eve/Juliette and Adalind did things that hurt Nick season 4 or earlier.

In season 5 and 6, both Eve/Juliette and Adalind cared about Nick but wanted a different relationship. Adalind supported Nick by caring for the child/children in a restricted environment, emotional support and when requested assisted Nick with dangers. Eve/Juliette wanted to be an equal partner to Nick in the Grimm/Wesen world. By season 6 both women were working together to achieve each other goals so at the end both women got what they were looking for.