Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-06-2017

I didn't get the impression she was lying to herself.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MANTItotheCore - 04-06-2017

(04-06-2017, 07:46 PM)irukandji Wrote: Juliette put herself on a different path when she decided to help the royals. What she should have done was out of the question at that point.

That said, I believe her when she said she didn't know Kelly was going to be killed. There was no reason for her to lie to Nick.

You know, Iruk, I dig your posts on the board, but I just had to take issue with this one. How in the world can anyone believe that? what the heck did she think was going to happen when Kelly, a serious Grimm, who is Diana's defender was lured by Juliette into the house where Kenneth and a ton of Hunjagers waited? Come on, she knew there was going to one heck of a fight and it would be deadly. What was the likelihood that it would end with them just capturing Kelly and not killing her? EXTREMELY small.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Juliette - 04-06-2017

Why should she lie to Nick? What did she get from it? She had nothing more to lose anyway.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Circe27 - 04-06-2017

(04-06-2017, 08:11 PM)Juliette Wrote: Why should she lie to Nick? What did she get from it? She had nothing more to lose anyway.

Why did she attempt to kill Nick afterwards?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Mrtrick - 04-06-2017

(04-06-2017, 07:21 PM)Juliette Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 07:13 PM)Mrtrick Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 06:54 PM)Juliette Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 06:46 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 06:33 PM)Tara Wrote: Here tt's the same. Some say Adalind did rape Nick. Some say Adalind didn't rape Nick.

But it is in the eye of the beholder.

Uh...no, Adalind raped Nick. If a prosecutor with even half a brain were to cite the evidence of what happened right down to the last detail, Adalind would be found guilty of rape inside any court room. There's no ambiguity here. Sorry.

Hexenadler, I agree with you. This is the same thing I think. And that's why I can not understand why Nick and Adalind are in a "supposedly" relationship are. It's not okay.

The problem with this notion, is that Nick would have to actually believe he was raped. He doesn't, so end of story. A third party can't come in and tell him he was, if he's not going to go along with the notion. Also, considering the fact that she was basically coerced into doing this, I'd say there are extenuating circumstances. Child abduction can cause people to act impulsively. Plus, if you want punishment, she was locked in a dungeon and psychologically tortured for quite a while afterwards.

He is a man do you think, he says he is raped by a woman?

He is far more concerned with how Juliette's feeling in the aftermath. The act itself doesn't really seem to give him much pause, other than embarrassment that he didn't notice the difference. In all later conversations about the issue, he seems completely unperturbed. He even jokes about it with Monroe. Perhaps this is indicative of a fundamental difference in the way men and women view an issue like this. As a member of the male persuasion, I suppose I could be guilty of comparmentalizing the act from the emotion. A caveman mentality of "Me want sex...Me had sex...When me have sex again?" For women it becomes more personal, and by it's nature, invasive. But for Nick, the act was the act and nothing more. It only becomes personal after the fact, when it affects someone he loves. Later, when Juliette has to turn into Adalind, it's not like he suffers a bout of PTSD during the event. He appears to be enjoying himself. And farther on, when Adalind says she wishes she could take back the things she did, Nick says, "Except Kelly", alluding to their encounter. The thought of said event doesn't seem to have much lingering negativity for Nick, because they kiss immediately after. In addition to basically telling her he's been thinking about making out with her a lot lately. Maybe you can blame male-centric writing for not dwelling on the issue. But since Nick is himself, a male character, that representation seems to follow it's due course.

(04-06-2017, 07:07 PM)Juliette Wrote: No, Eve and Rachel I don't care about. Nick and Adalind is what bother me. They're "supposedly" in a relationship and that is a difference too Eve and Rachel.

Juliette, that's a little selective isn't it? You say Adalind 'raped' Nick, forgetting the reason that she was forced to do that (and yes, it was an evail thing to do), but then you give Julie/Eve a pass for doing the same thing. That seems very inconsistent to me. Either they both 'raped' someone, or they didn't. I don't think you can pick and choose.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 04-06-2017

(04-06-2017, 08:09 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 07:46 PM)irukandji Wrote: Juliette put herself on a different path when she decided to help the royals. What she should have done was out of the question at that point.

That said, I believe her when she said she didn't know Kelly was going to be killed. There was no reason for her to lie to Nick.

You know, Iruk, I dig your posts on the board, but I just had to take issue with this one. How in the world can anyone believe that? what the heck did she think was going to happen when Kelly, a serious Grimm, who is Diana's defender was lured by Juliette into the house where Kenneth and a ton of Hunjagers waited? Come on, she knew there was going to one heck of a fight and it would be deadly. What was the likelihood that it would end with them just capturing Kelly and not killing her? EXTREMELY small.

Thank you, Manticore. BTW, I really like your username.

In answer to your question, I want to back up for just a bit here because there's a lot about the whole Kelly/Diana episode that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

For one thing, I can't imagine why Kenneth would scope out the houses in the neighborhood if all he was expecting was Kelly and Diana. Then there's the issue of Kelly's death. If Kenneth really wanted Kelly dead, there's no reason for him to bloody himself up. He could simply post a sniper in a designated area and pick her off. Finally, there's the "let's take it outside". That doesn't sound to me like a planned tactical maneuver to kill Kelly.

I think they were preparing for a war with either HW personnel or Nick and company. When only Kelly showed up with Diana, they didn't know how to handle it. In other words there wasn't a plan in place to kill her. They may have planned on using her as a hostage to drag Nick in. Kelly resisted, they took her outside and killed her.

So when Juliette said she didn't know Kelly was going to be killed, I absolutely believe she was telling the truth.

(04-06-2017, 08:33 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 08:09 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote:

Thank you, Manticore. BTW, I really like your username.

In answer to your question, I want to back up for just a bit here because there's a lot about the whole Kelly/Diana episode that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

For one thing, I can't imagine why Kenneth would scope out the houses in the neighborhood if all he was expecting was Kelly and Diana. Then there's the issue of Kelly's death. If Kenneth really wanted Kelly dead, there's no reason for him to bloody himself up. He could simply post a sniper in a designated area and pick her off. Finally, there's the "let's take it outside". That doesn't sound to me like a planned tactical maneuver to kill Kelly.

I think they were preparing for a war with either HW personnel or Nick and company. When only Kelly showed up with Diana, they didn't know how to handle it. In other words there wasn't a plan in place to kill her. They may have planned on using her as a hostage to drag Nick in. Kelly resisted, they took her outside and killed her.

So when Juliette said she didn't know Kelly was going to be killed, I absolutely believe she was telling the truth.
Thanks! I really like the Manticore wessen.

I appreciate your taking the time to explain it and it seems reasonable.

For my part, from the moment Ken asked Juliette to dupe Kelly into coming to 'rescue' Nick, bringing Diana, that it was going to end any other way than with Kelly's death. No chance Kelly gives up Diana willingly. They would have to take her and Kelly's not going to survive the encounter. I mean, did you think they would knock her out, take Diana, and then leave Kelly alive?

My problem is that Juliette could have used her MOST awesome Hexy powers and stopped them from killing Kelly, but she waited until it was over and Kelly was dead.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-06-2017

My impression was that Juliette-turned-hexenbiest didn't care whether anyone was going to be hurt or killed until she actually had to hear it happening, and that was when guilt started to seep into her thoughts. Not soon enough for her to actually do something to stop it, though.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Juliette - 04-06-2017

(04-06-2017, 08:23 PM)MANTItotheCore Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 07:07 PM)Juliette Wrote: No, Eve and Rachel I don't care about. Nick and Adalind is what bother me. They're "supposedly" in a relationship and that is a difference too Eve and Rachel.

Juliette, that's a little selective isn't it? You say Adalind 'raped' Nick, forgetting the reason that she was forced to do that (and yes, it was an evail thing to do), but then you give Julie/Eve a pass for doing the same thing. That seems very inconsistent to me. Either they both 'raped' someone, or they didn't. I don't think you can pick and choose.

I don't meant it that way it Sounds. I was more like I don't care for Juliette and Rachel the same way as I feel about Nick and Adalind there is still a difference. Juliette and Rachel are strsngers and Nick and Adalind are supposedly together.