Grimm Forum
Did Adalind raped Nick? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Did Adalind raped Nick? (/Thread-Did-Adalind-raped-Nick)

Did Adalind raped Nick? - bart - 03-30-2017

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Tara - 03-30-2017

Yes, she did. And that's why I can't understand why there is a "supposedly" relationship between Nick and Adalind. It's implausible.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 03-30-2017

(03-30-2017, 03:33 PM)Tara Wrote: Yes, she did. And that's why I can't understand why there is a "supposedly" relationship between Nick and Adalind. It's implausible.

So what do you think? If he had to do it all over again and knew it was Adalind deceiving him, do you think Nick would go through with it?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MANTItotheCore - 03-30-2017

well, Bart, as Iz pointed out, that subject is well discussed.

Opinions range from ABSOLUTELY to of course not!

Take your pick on the subject.

I think most folks think it was not about rape but the only way A could take N's Grimm power. It is like: did N sexually assault A when he forced her down and kissed her until she bit his lip and got blood in her mouth, taking A's Biest from her? Or, was that the only way N could think to save Hank?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - MarylikesGrimm - 03-30-2017

(03-30-2017, 03:44 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 03:33 PM)Tara Wrote: Yes, she did. And that's why I can't understand why there is a "supposedly" relationship between Nick and Adalind. It's implausible.

So what do you think? If he had to do it all over again and knew it was Adalind deceiving him, do you think Nick would go through with it?

Yes, once he knew his son well I believe he would. There was a movie about women who was being badly mistreated by husband and given a chance to go back in time and never marry him but she could not got through with it because she loved her 3 kids to much to lose them.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Circe27 - 03-30-2017

What Adalind did was wrong, not sure if I'd call it rape. She did it it because the spell required it to remove Nick's power. It wasn't right but she was told it was the only way to get her kid back. I don't think she felt had any other option.
I'm also curious if people think Eve raped or attempted to rape Rachel by that same thought? Eve even said she slept with Rachel for information in episode 6x3, I think. She made the attempt to do it and even though they may not finished having sex, she tried to. Wouldn't that still be considered sexual assault of some type?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - syscrash - 03-30-2017

This is a question that can only be answered by viewing it from the victims perspective. Here is an example. You use someones car without asking. did you steal it? It would depend on how the owner viewed it. The same with Nick and Adalind. If Nick does not perceive it as rape then it is not. Regardless of the legal definition. For a lot of guys it would be considered as getting lucky. Having a legitimate excuse to have sex with a hot women.

But like the other poster said this subject has been discussed many times. It all comes down to personal opinion. From the intent of the show it was a simple case of deception.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - irukandji - 03-30-2017

(03-30-2017, 06:03 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 03:44 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Yes, once he knew his son well I believe he would. There was a movie about women who was being badly mistreated by husband and given a chance to go back in time and never marry him but she could not got through with it because she loved her 3 kids to much to lose them.

But the above example involves the mother's choice and her choice only. In Nick's case, if he were to go through it all again, knowing what he knows, he'd be bringing death and misery to others. Are the lives of many worth the life of one?

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - Circe27 - 03-30-2017

If he could go back, I think he would stop Juliette from doing the spell to help him be a grimm again.

RE: Did Adalind raped Nick? - syscrash - 03-30-2017

Quote:If he could go back, I think he would stop Juliette from doing the spell to help him be a grimm again.
If he did not become a Grimm Nick would have never meet his son. Adalind would have had no reason to go to Nick if he was not a Grimm. If Juliette had not become a hexenbiest and became a treat to Adalind, Nick would have never meet his son.
If Nick had of accepted Juliette as a hexenbiest she could have still be a threat causing Adalind to seek out Nick. But Juliette would have not joined the Royals. Juliette may have been made, but having Nick support she would have gotten over it. Just like she did when Adalind came to Portland with Diana.