Grimm Forum
S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead (/Thread-S03E01-The-Ungrateful-Dead)

Pages: 1 2 3

S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - GrimmForum - 10-25-2013

Season 3 Episode 1
The Ungrateful Dead

[Image: a8L5mqP.jpg]

Air Date: October 25, 2013
Synopsis: Hank assist Juliette, Monroe, and Rosalee fighting the zombie hoard, while Renard tries to rescue Nick from Eric. Meanwhile, Adalind turns to Stefania once more for help regaining her magical abilities.

Images
Spoiler :
[Image: PMQTRaol.jpg]

[Image: SxJYCGal.jpg]

[Image: MIc60Krl.jpg]

[Image: VTmASf0l.jpg]

[Image: q2g6ZQRl.jpg]

[Image: UED1UNol.jpg]

[Image: eHFHxjhl.jpg]

Trailer
Spoiler :

Grimm makes its returns tonight with the episode The Ungrateful Dead. Did you enjoy the Season 3 Premiere?

RE: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - grimmfreak - 10-25-2013

Best premier yet!

RE: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - pale boy - 10-25-2013

That got off to a fantastic start. Loved seeing everyone get into action mode this episode! Although it was nasty circumstances, it was really entertaining to see Nick just go wild in such a big way too. And that storyline with Adalind -- wow. Gross but awesome. Guess that proves that Hexenbiest gain their powers from some kind of 'outside source'.

The storyline with Eric wanting a Grimm makes me wonder if Grimm are more important to Royals than we thought. (IIRC, there was previous mention waaaay back of Grimm being allied with/working for Royal families. I hope I didn't come up with that in a fever dream or something because I thought it was an interesting twist and made Grimm loyalties ambiguous.)

Anyone else have a 'he's not dead' moment when they saw Baron Samedi? The man can make people seem dead. Could it be possible that he's faking?

RE: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - Jodiann - 10-26-2013

Wonderful!! GRIMM IS BACK!! =)

Great premier. Lots of action and Nick was creepy hehe

RE: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - Gretel Hanselsister - 10-26-2013

To be honest, I was really disappointed. There’s a lot of action in this episode, some really disgusting scenes, but I missed a story. Where was it?

Nick is still a “Zombie”, Rosalee was able to cure the others (we had that already), Frau Pech doesn’t have a heart anymore (we had that, too) Adalind wants her powers back (really? –yawn-). Symptomatic: it took them a good part of that episode to repeat scenes we have seen in S2E22.

The plane crashed in the region of Mt. Cedara, not too far away from Portland, so Nick freed himself, fought the Baron and made the plane crash immediately after the take-off?

Adalind had to cut off hands, feet, pluck out eyes, just to get the episode disgusting and get some time over with in which nothing happens.

Nick injures several people in a bar, and perhaps he’s about to hurt a family. How thrilling.

The pilot, the co-pilot, they are alive, the Baron is dead. Why? Was the crash more dangerous for passengers then for pilots? It’s pretty transparent Nick should not have to answer for the death of innocent pilots, the Baron wasn’t needed anymore.

Instead of trying to rescue Nick, the captain pulls strings to get his brother killed. For what purpose? To keep his family’s hands off Nick? Isn’t there enough family left afterwards?

There were still a few scenes I enjoyed, nice idea with the growing circle of dying flowers. And Monroe drawing parallels between popcorn and zombies, this was really fun.

I really, really hope season 3 gets a lot better later on. Undecided

RE: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - GrimmForum - 10-26-2013

@Jodiann Hey, welcome back to the forum Smile!

Overall, I thought this was a great action packed episode. I think I can understand where Gretel is coming from though, because this episode was a bit different from previous ones. It definitely seemed more "big budget" with more action sequences, and less with the narrative, but personally, I thought a change in pace was nice. I think since this episode is part of a multi-episode story arc, this episode in particular may have been meant to be more action-packed.

I liked seeing Juliette in the know, I thought it was nice to see her so engaged with the scoobies. I also approve of Adalind getting her powers back. I think this episode is setting up Season 3 for some interesting character development.

I've never heard of Mount Cedara before. I played back those scenes, and I'm trying to figure out if this is a fictional mountain or not.

RE: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - Gretel Hanselsister - 10-26-2013

(10-26-2013, 09:20 AM)GrimmForum Wrote: I've never heard of Mount Cedara before. I played back those scenes, and I'm trying to figure out if this is a fictional mountain or not.

I found it on Google Earth, approx. 30miles north-west from Portland, Mt Cedara, Oregon 97056, USA

RE: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - GrimmForum - 10-26-2013

(10-26-2013, 09:33 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote:
(10-26-2013, 09:20 AM)GrimmForum Wrote: I've never heard of Mount Cedara before. I played back those scenes, and I'm trying to figure out if this is a fictional mountain or not.

I found it on Google Earth, approx. 30miles north-west from Portland, Mt Cedara, Oregon 97056, USA

Ah thanks for finding it for me. After looking at it on a map, I've come to the realization that I've never really been to that area before (sorta sandwiched between two major highways). I'll have to go check it out sometimes, as it's not too far Smile!

RE: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - dragonmischief - 10-26-2013

(10-26-2013, 08:44 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: To be honest, I was really disappointed. There’s a lot of action in this episode, some really disgusting scenes, but I missed a story. Where was it?

Nick is still a “Zombie”, Rosalee was able to cure the others (we had that already), Frau Pech doesn’t have a heart anymore (we had that, too) Adalind wants her powers back (really? –yawn-). Symptomatic: it took them a good part of that episode to repeat scenes we have seen in S2E22.

The plane crashed in the region of Mt. Cedara, not too far away from Portland, so Nick freed himself, fought the Baron and made the plane crash immediately after the take-off?

Adalind had to cut off hands, feet, pluck out eyes, just to get the episode disgusting and get some time over with in which nothing happens.

Nick injures several people in a bar, and perhaps he’s about to hurt a family. How thrilling.

The pilot, the co-pilot, they are alive, the Baron is dead. Why? Was the crash more dangerous for passengers then for pilots? It’s pretty transparent Nick should not have to answer for the death of innocent pilots, the Baron wasn’t needed anymore.

Instead of trying to rescue Nick, the captain pulls strings to get his brother killed. For what purpose? To keep his family’s hands off Nick? Isn’t there enough family left afterwards?

There were still a few scenes I enjoyed, nice idea with the growing circle of dying flowers. And Monroe drawing parallels between popcorn and zombies, this was really fun.

I really, really hope season 3 gets a lot better later on. Undecided

I tend to agree. For some reason I was not too excited about this one. Maybe I just like the suspense of new creatures and what they 'morph' into. Smile Still I guess we all can't like every episode.

RE: S03E01 - The Ungrateful Dead - grimmfreak - 10-26-2013

I think most of the problems people are seeing are typical of premiers of continuing shows. You get a recap of events and a continuation of that storyline. I thought the action packed episode was a nice change of pace but I think if every episode were like this I would not like it. If I recall, season 2's premier had these same 'problems'. I am also sure that while episode 2 might have the same issues we will soon be back to the old style shows with new monsters and stories.