Grimm Forum
Juliette's death - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Juliette's death (/Thread-Juliette-s-death)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Juliette's death - rpmaluki - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 02:59 AM)syscrash Wrote: Sean never used his knowing she sold Diana against her. Adalind used sleeping with Nick as a weapon to antagonize Juliette.
That's my point, all characters have moved on from why Adalind did what she did. They gain absolutely nothing in rehashing the hows and the whys at this stage and are dealing with imminent death. Nick and Adalind have long made their peace. Adalind and Sean will have their moment soon, apologising to one another for how they treated one another in the past. That's basically two separate conversations with her two baby daddies both saying they don't regret having either child no matter the circumstances leading up to it.

RE: Juliette's death - syscrash - 03-28-2017

Quote:That's my point, all characters have moved on from why Adalind did what she did. They gain absolutely nothing in rehashing the hows and the whys at this stage and are dealing with imminent death. Nick and Adalind have long made their peace. Adalind and Sean will have their moment soon, apologising to one another for how they treated one another in the past. That's basically two separate conversations with her two baby daddies both saying they don't regret having either child no matter the circumstances leading up to it.
You miss the whole point. I said from the beginning this issue would only happen if there was more time on the show. Watching the promo's even though Trubel is mad at Sean. She is even willing to ignore the conflict and work with Sean.
The question was asked what would Adalind tell the kids about how they got her. The point I was making no matter what relation she has with the kids and fathers now. Because of the fact on how they where conceived and because it is common knowledge. If the show was to go long enough it would be used as an issue. I was sighting how it has be used in the past. In real life it would most definitely used by someone wanting to get back at Adalind.

RE: Juliette's death - MarylikesGrimm - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 03:24 AM)syscrash Wrote: In real life it would most definitely used by someone wanting to get back at Adalind.

I have family member with type of issue with their conception most people would never bring it up. Why would someone want to hurt Diana or Kelly to get back at Adalind anyway?

Quote:I have family member with type of issue with their conception most people would never bring it up. Why would someone want to hurt Diana or Kelly to get back at Adalind anyway?
That is an easy question. there are five judge show per day five days a week. each show has two cases. Every case involves two people who know each other but take the low rode to make their case. So why would they want to hurt Diana or Kelly to get back at Adalind. That is what people do. They push what ever button they can to win.

It was just like people not understanding Juliette burning the trailer. Most of the case on the judge shows that deal with one person's infidelity to another. The part that was hurt is being sued for damages to the other persons property. From broken car windows. To scratching offensive words in the paint. You have bleached, ripped, and burnt cloths. smashed tv. The latest seems to be selling on ebay the other persons stuff. If arson was not a felony which means they could not have a civil case on going. We would see those cases to.

RE: Juliette's death - rpmaluki - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 03:24 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:That's my point, all characters have moved on from why Adalind did what she did. They gain absolutely nothing in rehashing the hows and the whys at this stage and are dealing with imminent death. Nick and Adalind have long made their peace. Adalind and Sean will have their moment soon, apologising to one another for how they treated one another in the past. That's basically two separate conversations with her two baby daddies both saying they don't regret having either child no matter the circumstances leading up to it.
You miss the whole point. I said from the beginning this issue would only happen if there was more time on the show. Watching the promo's even though Trubel is mad at Sean. She is even willing to ignore the conflict and work with Sean.
The question was asked what would Adalind tell the kids about how they got her. The point I was making no matter what relation she has with the kids and fathers now. Because of the fact on how they where conceived and because it is common knowledge. If the show was to go long enough it would be used as an issue. I was sighting how it has be used in the past. In real life it would most definitely used by someone wanting to get back at Adalind.
I don't know what would have happened with Sean if this season was longer but I do know what happened with Nick. There was plenty of time in S5 to flesh out Kelly's conception, Adalind's assault on Nick etc. They had one conversation about it in 5X07 and they never brought it up again as they focused on BC/mayor storyline. The writers had enough time to bring back Diana's peculiar powers this season since they have now made her central to the season finale plot. They spent seven or eight episodes doing WotW stories with little tit bits about Zerstörer. They wasted even that little precious time on hyping up Eve's arc as if it was the reason for everything happening but it was nothing more than a bait and switch.

The writers' idea of dealing with past misdeeds is in one simple conversation then people move on, if it even gets acknowledged. What about loose plot threads? You have throw away lines like Trubel saying BC is as dead as it can be, no more threats blah blah. Do you truly think they intended to make a mountain out of Adalind wanting to sell her baby, being forced to sign a contract before she had a chance to read it, spread funky goo made of a dead hexenbiest over her belly beyond Zerstörer wants her for his child bride. They keep talking about Diana being super powerful but not why.

Adalind reneged on that contract and all we are seeing is that she loves Diana and refuses to be separated from her ever again and would do anything to protect her. Diana cares about what her parents are doing for her now and that is to protect from the scary skull man hunting for her, not what they did when they were still awful people more so than not.

You are giving these writers too much credit for things they haven't written while ignoring how much they botched the stuff they actually did write like the Royals, BC uprising, the wretched amnesia plot and now Zerstörer. They tend to have interesting ideas but trip over themselves when it comes execution.

I sort of understand what you're trying to get at. There's plots lines I wish played out far differently than they did. I wish they'd focused more on character driven stories and little on plot driven, half baked ideas like make Juliette the hexenbiest girlfriend that would have helped Nick instead of destroying his world, have Adalind be her cunning, spiteful self and still be Kelly's mother and see how Nick navigated around that without kidnapping Kelly, make Sean a legitimate heir to his father's throne and give him the choice between the life he's lived vs the life he's always wanted etc.

(03-28-2017, 03:44 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 03:24 AM)syscrash Wrote: In real life it would most definitely used by someone wanting to get back at Adalind.

I have family member with type of issue with their conception most people would never bring it up. Why would someone want to hurt Diana or Kelly to get back at Adalind anyway?
I've never known people in real to go after someone's children because they have a grudge against that person.

(03-28-2017, 03:53 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:I have family member with type of issue with their conception most people would never bring it up. Why would someone want to hurt Diana or Kelly to get back at Adalind anyway?
That is an easy question. there are five judge show per day five days a week. each show has two cases. Every case involves two people who know each other but take the low rode to make their case. So why would they want to hurt Diana or Kelly to get back at Adalind. That is what people do. They push what ever button they can to win.

It was just like people not understanding Juliette burning the trailer. Most of the case on the judge shows that deal with one person's infidelity to another. The part that was hurt is being sued for damages to the other persons property. From broken car windows. To scratching offensive words in the paint. You have bleached, ripped, and burnt cloths. smashed tv. The latest seems to be selling on ebay the other persons stuff. If arson was not a felony which means they could not have a civil case on going. We would see those cases to.
I don't place too much weight on what happens on these types of shows as some sort of true reflection of society as a whole. I question the legitimacy of such shows as being "real".

RE: Juliette's death - Circe27 - 03-28-2017

Yes, there are people out there who go on those type of judge shows to be hurtful/ vengeful or want their 15 minutes of fame. But of the people who actually know the truth of the kids conceptions, who is going to use the info to get back at adalind?

RE: Juliette's death - izzy - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 03:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Adalind and Sean will have their moment soon, apologising to one another for how they treated one another in the past.

Here is the issue. If Sean has this come to Jesus moment, ok, then it would be a transformational moment...that would be thunderous, because you are essentially changing the character of the first 5 seasons. I like Renard's character. He made sense. He was an aggressive, upwardly mobile, scheming guy who viewed women as an object to manipulate to further his ambitions, or park his male organ in for a night.

Apologize to Adaline for what exactly? In his mind she was and likely still is a stupid slu_ and that is how you treat stupid slu_s. Here is a clue: if you don't want men to use as a pump and dump don't open your legs to them. Women do have that element of control.

I think softening Renard in the fashion some describe in incongruent with his fundamental nature. If he were to change, he would go find a "nice girl" to settle down with not Adalind.

RE: Juliette's death - MarylikesGrimm - 03-28-2017

(03-28-2017, 06:30 AM)izzy Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 03:10 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: Adalind and Sean will have their moment soon, apologising to one another for how they treated one another in the past.

Here is the issue. If Sean has this come to Jesus moment, ok, then it would be a transformational moment...that would be thunderous, because you are essentially changing the character of the first 5 seasons. I like Renard's character. He made sense. He was an aggressive, upwardly mobile, scheming guy who viewed women as an object to manipulate to further his ambitions, or park his male organ in for a night.

Apologize to Adaline for what exactly? In his mind she was and likely still is a stupid slu_ and that is how you treat stupid slu_s. Here is a clue: if you don't want men to use as a pump and dump don't open your legs to them. Women do have that element of control.

I think softening Renard in the fashion some describe in incongruent with his fundamental nature. If he were to change, he would go find a "nice girl" to settle down with not Adalind.

Adalind has been acting like a nice girl for at least a year but Sean should find someone else.

RE: Juliette's death - Circe27 - 03-28-2017

I thought he was apologizing for using their daughter as bait and forcing a fake relationship with her for Black Claw.

Sean was apologizing for what the drive to gain power had them doing. They both wanted to power getting the keys would have given them. The Royals would have rewarded them well. With BC Sean saw an opportunity to move up in the ranks and importance.

He was also apologizing for messing up what they had together. Like he said the one good thing they did was Diana. The exact same thing Nick said about Kelly. With both men Adalind agreed.

It really seems like they are setting up for Sean to take care of Adalind, Diana, and Kelly.