Grimm Forum
S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were (/Thread-S6E11-Where-the-Wild-Things-Were)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - rpmaluki - 03-18-2017

She's projecting, no doubt, almost like she feels bad to have to be tied to Juliette's deplorable actions more than actually feeling bad about having committed them. She's embraced everything about what happened to Juliette as hers and how it compels her to make this decision to choose herself over going back but at the same time denies what she did when she was Hexenette. It makes the whole thing seem hollow because she's not showing remorse over how she did hurt Nick. It's not about gratuitous apologising or self flagellation with a thorny whip or whatever, it's about the acknowledgement of Hexenette's actions as HER own, a big difference between saying "I'll never forgive HER (Juliette)" instead of "I'll never forgive MYSELF" which is what she could have said.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - syscrash - 03-18-2017

I had a different take on Nick and Adalind. When Eve was asking Nick would he go back to a happier time. I see that as her not only talking about Nick and Juliette. but also Nick using Adalind to replace Juliette. Like when she said he is not the same Nick. She was saying he is no longer the Nick that only wanted that comfortable home life. Then when she ended it with maybe we where meant to be her to work together to defeat the threat.

With Adalind and Sean needing to work together to protect Diana. I am wondering what that does for Nick and Adalind.

It does nothing. Nick and Adalind aren't compelled to work together, that's not their relationship. Being a family for Kelly and keeping safe is what's paramount for them. That's why we never saw any conflict or reservation or mistrust this season like they tried to do last season. If this thing is defeated, they'll simply go back to the loft to live out their lives until another threat came up and they would deal with it in the same manner as they have this Zestörer or whatever you call it.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Robyn - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 07:38 AM)Hexenadler Wrote: No, Robyn. If Juliette truly felt remorse for her actions, she would own up to all the crap she pulled instead of trying to project it on a different person. Nick might be childish and irresponsible at times, but Juliette hasn't grown much in that department either.
I thought short of pulling out a check-off list, Juliette spoke about the horrible things she did and her regret. That she realized moving on and making a positive difference was the best course of action didn’t negate her remorse.

But if one character should own up to each and every action, then all the characters should get out his/her list. I’d suggest we start with the leader of the kidnapping ring, but she was killed by another kidnapper - it’s wrong to single out a specific character, and would require an entire season to examine the misdeeds of all the characters. None of the characters are moral people, they each have committed horrible, illegal, and selfish acts. It’s never been about what was done, just who did it. Some characters are excused while others are condemned, depending on the creative team and viewer opinion.

The problem here isn't how these characters react towards each other but what we as viewers expect from them. Juliette/Eve has long been forgiven and accepted as a new version of her former self but with writing that's as uninspired as we have on this show, the writers have failed in making sure that the same message received by the characters translates to viewers. That's why we keep having the same arguments everyday whether about Adalind vs Juliette or Nick vs Sean or some other issue, because fans are given too much freedom to make up their own interpretation of the show that flies against the writers intentions.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Grimmbiest11 - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 07:56 AM)syscrash Wrote: I had a different take on Nick and Adalind. When Eve was asking Nick would he go back to a happier time. I see that as her not only talking about Nick and Juliette. but also Nick using Adalind to replace Juliette. Like when she said he is not the same Nick. She was saying he is no longer the Nick that only wanted that comfortable home life. Then when she ended it with maybe we where meant to be her to work together to defeat the threat.

With Adalind and Sean needing to work together to protect Diana. I am wondering what that does for Nick and Adalind.

Nothing, he is aware that they have a daughter together it's no longer about his ego or personal feelings because they're all in danger.They also talked about bringing Renard on board at the fome so it's no surprise. Also, Renard is not just working with Adalind, he is now working with the scoobies. So really, it does nothing except add to their number and knowledge because they need all hands on deck. Nick is the one who suggests they go to the cabin after all while Renard is reluctant.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - brandon - 03-18-2017

They are simply humans.Maybe Eve referred if it would stop being a "GRIMM"-You have to look at all the good you got from being what you are now
Why else would be like Ariel's father,who was in the war but alive with that guilt of not being able to save his wife and kept away from his daughter-
And the home life that he lost when he was a child and Nick, look for Juliette.
He believed as he told hank after leaving the jewelry store :It would be a wedding forever.very innocent.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Grimmbiest11 - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 08:09 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: The problem here isn't how these characters react towards each other but what we as viewers expect from them. Juliette/Eve has long been forgiven and accepted as a new version of her former self but with writing that's as uninspired as we have on this show, the writers have failed in making sure that the same message received by the characters translates to viewers. That's why we keep having the same arguments everyday whether about Adalind vs Juliette or Nick vs Sean or some other issue, because fans are given too much freedom to make up their own interpretation of the show that flies against the writers intentions.

This so much! And it has to fit our own narrative in spite of what the characters do or say. We'll always interpret it to fit our own version of the show and the characters. While this is good because it shows that we're thinkers it's also prone to make us miss the crux of the story because we'll be hanging on to a certain narrative.
I'm pretty sure even if the writers came on record to clear up some things we'd still argue over the same issues.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Hexenadler - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 08:02 AM)Robyn Wrote: I thought short of pulling out a check-off list, Juliette spoke about the horrible things she did and her regret. That she realized moving on and making a positive difference was the best course of action didn’t negate her remorse.

But if one character should own up to each and every action, then all the characters should get out his/her list. I’d suggest we start with the leader of the kidnapping ring, but she was killed by another kidnapper - it’s wrong to single out a specific character, and would require an entire season to examine the misdeeds of all the characters. None of the characters are moral people, they each have committed horrible, illegal, and selfish acts. It’s never been about what was done, just who did it. Some characters are excused while others are condemned, depending on the creative team and viewer opinion.

But making the characters unlikable and amoral wasn't intentional on the part of the writers. It just came about from their own indifference towards storytelling.

And for all of the illegal activities Nick & Co. have been getting away with since season one, it's hard to top getting your boyfriend's mother decapitated, sleeping with the douchebag who commits said decapitation, burning down a trailer filled with priceless artifacts, helping to slaughter a group of innocent neighbors, and - oh yeah - forcing your boyfriend to point his gun at his best pal and FIRE.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - brandon - 03-18-2017

Juliette =guilty worse