Grimm Forum
S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were (/Thread-S6E11-Where-the-Wild-Things-Were)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - New Guy - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 04:13 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Been thinking on something (no joke really) the contract Adalind did to get her powers back, was that for the Zerstorer? Diana knows a lot about that world not to have been there. Now the next question are these the events to change the world, Monroe's dad was talking about? Now the next question did the hat change Juliette for this reason? Next question does Kelly play a role in this fight, does him being there give Diana a different power? This episode give us a lot of question now on Diana and Eve powers.
Hi JS,
That is an interesting idea. Adalind sold Diana and signed the contract in blood. That type of an agreement would be of interest to Zerstörer.
What stood out most to me was how a half-cocked FrankenEve just walks through the mirror with no plan of action. Then Nick shows he is no Boy Scout by following her totally unprepared. Old Zerstörer should spear them both with his magic staff and invite all his minions for a Bar-B-Q! Tongue
N G

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - brandon - 03-18-2017

Stop blaming both Adalind and Nick.Adalind made this last spell because believe in Victor.Adalind was not looking to kill anyone,I think her mother's feelings played a major role in the spell.Just as when cooking you should be attentive.
I do not see that any action of Adalind has been for a hatred of Nick.
Instead juliette betrayal to whoever wanted and to his own morals.
Eve said of the feelings-anger ,sad- that had juliette and that shows that juliette never spoke clearly to Rosalee
Would think they would not understand?As they were another class would not understand?ja.
It's Juliette who never understood Nick.
Nick trusted in himself, happened he could face it.Remember that in the house also the ogre and the other type
Those were also danger.
I suppose her mother only dedicated to raising it or would not do it near the house.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - speakeasy - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 02:21 AM)syscrash Wrote: You missed her most important statement. The one about those things being in the past and you can not do anything about them. She also said as Juliette she did a lot of bad things. Things she will never forgive her for. But she is not that person any more. The entire concept is very common and understandable to someone gone through recovery or having a criminal past.

I am one of those people. In my twenty and thirties my past contained a lot of things I no longer talk about. Some I went to jail for some I did not. four hours of surgery after a knife fight changed me. Near death can do that to you. Once I recovered I no longer used my street name created a new nick name syscrash the anti crash. The reason I am a programmer with a reputation for writing code that will not crash. I am now retired after having done quite well. Since the change I have never looked back.

Calling the Eve concept BS is something someone who has never been thought it would think. Sure it may be an opinion. But I can attest to the mind set being real. Especially letting the past be the past. And not being obsessed with trying to make amends or living with regret. I found telling the store owner you robbed at gun point you are sorry does not one any good. Tell your dad you are sorry for selling his car does not change a thing. Turning your life around does more then you can ever say. To be there when he needs you is the only way to say your sorry and mean it. It is about your actions not your words. You can go back on your words. You can never retract your actions.

I agree. Until we find a way to go back and change the record we will all have to live with our past sins. Live with them, not revisit them over and over, using the time we have left in lamenting and cursing them. I can testify to that. Good on you for learning it while you were still young enough to save yourself from self-recriminations that stifle the life force within. And do nothing to improve the world while you're here. That's the work of the present.

Eve/Juliette is wise beyond her years, imo, owes no vocal apology to Nick, nor he to her. The scene between the two satisfied my desire for an understanding between these two major characters and was very sad and bittersweet at the same time for me. There was a time until recently that I felt she should have made a formal apology to Nick because of Kelly, but their's is a higher humanistic bond now, sorely won by both, and no words could have achieved that - just the spiritual meeting of the minds that I saw in the scene. We will see a demonstration of that bond by the end of the series, imo.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Chris - 03-18-2017

Someone earlier mentioned that Sean didn't apologize when he was brought into the group. This is not a friendship, this is an alliance. The relationship between Sean and the rest of the group is not changing. They needed him and he certainly needed them. That is all. This is not the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Eve and Nick came to an interesting adult conclusion to their relationship. Eve is not Juliette and Nick is not preGrimm Nick. Eve has gone through 3 iterations and come out the other side sad, remorseful, and content with who she is. I personally don't have a problem with that, and I have never been a huge fan of the character. She has now chosen to continue down the path she is on. There is truly nothing stopping her from going back to Hexenette but her own desire not to return to that state. Nick is no longer the cop that sees things. He now owns his Grimm nature and tries to balance that with the laws of this land.

As for both of them going through the mirror, how else do we move the story forward? We have to find out what is going on over in the other world so someone has to go. I am always amused when people find it stupid that characters do certain things. A story is being told and just like war heroes go running into situations where they could possibly die for the greater good, these characters go rushing into situations where they could die for the greater good. How do you prepare for something you know nothing about?

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - brandon - 03-18-2017

Say you learn from the mistakes of the past.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Robyn - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 06:57 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: We all see the things differently I agree Nick had regret for not following Marie advice, but not that he wanted to go back either. He now is a Grimm and with that all that is a Grimm, and he likes it. I read somewhere that Batman is always B. Wayne even when he puts on his Batman suit, but Superman is alway Superman, and C. Kent is is Batman suit.

So now Nick is a Grimm he had to go 5 season to come to terms with this, but his statement to Eve or maybe more so her statement to him showed this. She may understand Nick better than Nick understands himself, or at least what he is willing to omit. She forced him to see himself as a Grimm. Trubel has not had the same problems with being a Grimm, she knows she is a Grimm.

Nick has been trying to see himself as still Nick.
You’re referring to Nick accepting who/what he is - a Grimm above all else. I was referring to Nick the man, and his feelings for Juliette/their relationship. My reference to Grimm was whether they’re intrinsically selfish, which I think they are. There’s not enough known about pre Grimm Nick to conclude what he was like before.

I don’t think Nick would chose to go back either. He made that clear when he told Adalind he didn’t regret Kelly despite everything else that had happened. But. He didn't believe a life with Juliette was possible when he made that statement. My point was that I got the impression Nick had difficulty accepting Juliette had made that decision. I think Nick wanted to remain in limbo with the door open to Nick/Juliette and Nick/Adalind, and Juliette’s revelation closed the Nick/Juliette door whether he was ready or not. My second point was that since Juliette made the decision for him, Nick declaring his love/commitment to Adalind wouldn’t have much meaning.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Devegs - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 07:22 AM)Robyn Wrote: My second point was that since Juliette made the decision for him, Nick declaring his love/commitment to Adalind wouldn’t have much meaning.

At this point I feel it is almost redundant for them to have Nick 'declare" commitment to Adalind. The show has shown that they are secure in their relationship and have no secrets. The show has moved past 'does he love her or not', IMO, based on their actions.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Hexenadler - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 06:40 AM)Robyn Wrote: As for Juliette being satisfactorily remorseful - the scene expressed Juliette’s remorse and disgust for what she did when becoming a Hexenbiest. It doesn’t matter how much regret she feels, it will never change the aftermath of her actions, and she’s learned from experience that actions speak louder than words.

No, Robyn. If Juliette truly felt remorse for her actions, she would own up to all the crap she pulled instead of trying to project it on a different person. Nick might be childish and irresponsible at times, but Juliette hasn't grown much in that department either.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Robyn - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 07:27 AM)Devegs Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 07:22 AM)Robyn Wrote: My second point was that since Juliette made the decision for him, Nick declaring his love/commitment to Adalind wouldn’t have much meaning.

At this point I feel it is almost redundant for them to have Nick 'declare" commitment to Adalind. The show has shown that they are secure in their relationship and have no secrets. The show has moved past 'does he love her or not', IMO, based on their actions.
By presenting Adalind as head over heels, hopelessly in love with Nick, the show brought Nick’s lack of reciprocation to the forefront. Being in love isn’t necessary for Nick/Adalind to have a healthy co-parenting relationship with the children’s wellbeing as the driving factor. But they can’t have a healthy personal/intimate relationship with Adalind completely in love and Nick wafting in the wind.

I agree the show has moved past Nick making any declaration, it would just be words with little to no meaning. At this point, Nick’s options are Adalind or no one. That he’d chose Adalind over being alone should remain unspoken.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Grimmbiest11 - 03-18-2017

(03-18-2017, 07:26 AM)Robyn Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 06:57 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: We all see the things differently I agree Nick had regret for not following Marie advice, but not that he wanted to go back either. He now is a Grimm and with that all that is a Grimm, and he likes it. I read somewhere that Batman is always B. Wayne even when he puts on his Batman suit, but Superman is alway Superman, and C. Kent is is Batman suit.

So now Nick is a Grimm he had to go 5 season to come to terms with this, but his statement to Eve or maybe more so her statement to him showed this. She may understand Nick better than Nick understands himself, or at least what he is willing to omit. She forced him to see himself as a Grimm. Trubel has not had the same problems with being a Grimm, she knows she is a Grimm.

Nick has been trying to see himself as still Nick.
You’re referring to Nick accepting who/what he is - a Grimm above all else. I was referring to Nick the man, and his feelings for Juliette/their relationship. My reference to Grimm was whether they’re intrinsically selfish, which I think they are. There’s not enough known about pre Grimm Nick to conclude what he was like before.

I don’t think Nick would chose to go back either. He made that clear when he told Adalind he didn’t regret Kelly despite everything else that had happened. But. He didn't believe a life with Juliette was possible when he made that statement. My point was that I got the impression Nick had difficulty accepting Juliette had made that decision. I think Nick wanted to remain in limbo with the door open to Nick/Juliette and Nick/Adalind, and Juliette’s revelation closed the Nick/Juliette door whether he was ready or not. My second point was that since Juliette made the decision for him, Nick declaring his love/commitment to Adalind wouldn’t have much meaning.

I don't see it that way. Just like most forumites here, Nick believes Eve was the one who got the most raw deal and deserves better and he believes he also played a part in that. He has difficulty understanding why she would be okay with all that. Eve told him and us that she's not Juliette anymore, she doesn't identify with that ideology.
And I'm still seeing people on this forum struggling to accept that still.
Nick declaring his love for Adalind has nothing to do with that, it just means he's dealt with his baggage of misplaced guilt over a relationship that didn't end in a comprehensive manner