Grimm Forum
S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were (/Thread-S6E11-Where-the-Wild-Things-Were)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - MarylikesGrimm - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 08:51 AM)Juliette Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 07:52 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: That's at least one thing this season had done regarding Nick's relationship with Adalind, he's not needed words to express his feelings for Adalind.

I don't think it has something to do with "their" relationship it's more like. Adalind has two children where she need to take care of.

One of those children is his.

(03-21-2017, 09:11 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Here's a few disjointed observations about the episode:

1. Eve will stay a Hexenbiest woged for the rest of her life and will still be in woge when she dies.

2. This Z is the devil indeed. He's not wesen. He's the evil one prophesied down through the ages including the one attached to the stick and the cloth.

3. Diana can kill him, she can do anything to anyone that she commands. She will not become his Shaphat. Still wondering if she survives.

4. N and E will both die.

5. Because of the cat in the box theory the dimension separating our worlds was broken when the green eyed monster first appeared (opening of the box), so now it's a battle to see which of the two dimensions will remain. On account of the fact that only one can continue on once the reality (opening of the box) has been established that will cause the obliteration of the other.

6. The entrance to the underworld, the stone monolith with the symbols and message of the cloth, is positioned under the Seven Sisters constellation so we should be able to determine its place in reference to where it is in Portland's night sky. Like the Black Forest in Germany, home of the Grimm Brothers and the fairy tales associated with them.

7. There has never been a Decapitaire in this underworld ruled over by the Devil.

Apologies for not following protocol and using the correct threads to post these things (or for making statements that have been observed before), but I don't read the spoilers. Which explains my illogical opining of the meaning and outcome of this adventure that ends with the series. Nothing scientific or fact-based here; just the musings of a fan.

At 2:34 it says "have a 100 children".
Grimm - All Roads Lead to Diana (Episode Highlight)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzwO99MHxwc&feature=youtu.be&sf64679104=1

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Hexenadler - 03-21-2017

(03-20-2017, 05:21 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Not to put too fine a point on it, but I remain satisfied and okay with what has passed between Nick and Juliette, including what I took to be a very straightforward acknowledgement of the sins of Juliette - her regret for the past and her wise decision to go ahead with the quest she's on. And closing the door on her time with Nick as something that lies only in the past now. I don't in any way feel Eve (first Woman) is separating herself from what Juliette did, just carrying it with her and going forward. I'll watch the scene again, but saw it twice already and I really approved of what they said to each other. She's a bit ahead of Nick in her resolve, but I felt he (who is always thoughtful and cautious about emotions) will follow closely behind and be okay.

But that's exactly what's so chilling. Nick is ready to accept Juliette's "acknowledgment" (which really isn't an acknowledgment at all), but that's only because the writers told him to be. What about the neighbors who were killed the night Juliette betrayed Kelly, which the show has conveniently forgotten about?

Let me try to put this into proper real-world context for you. Imagine if your family was raped and butchered by the Manson family in front of your eyes. Years later, you meet one of the killers (who never went to jail for his crimes), and he tells you, "That wasn't me. That was somebody called Tony. I'm Jack. I'll never forgive what Tony did." If your response would be anything other than socking him in the face, I'd be very worried about you.

Juliette never faced any serious atonement for her actions, besides getting beaten up by Meisner. By referring to "Juliette" in the third person, "Eve" is projecting her crimes on a different persona to disassociate herself from them. She isn't "carrying it with her and moving forward," speakeasy, and trying to talk away the things she did and justifying it as "character evolution" is morally irresponsible. Please stop it.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - speakeasy - 03-21-2017

(03-21-2017, 12:46 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 05:21 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Not to put too fine a point on it, but I remain satisfied and okay with what has passed between Nick and Juliette, including what I took to be a very straightforward acknowledgement of the sins of Juliette - her regret for the past and her wise decision to go ahead with the quest she's on. And closing the door on her time with Nick as something that lies only in the past now. I don't in any way feel Eve (first Woman) is separating herself from what Juliette did, just carrying it with her and going forward. I'll watch the scene again, but saw it twice already and I really approved of what they said to each other. She's a bit ahead of Nick in her resolve, but I felt he (who is always thoughtful and cautious about emotions) will follow closely behind and be okay.

But that's exactly what's so chilling. Nick is ready to accept Juliette's "acknowledgment" (which really isn't an acknowledgment at all), but that's only because the writers told him to be. What about the neighbors who were killed the night Juliette betrayed Kelly, which the show has conveniently forgotten about?

Let me try to put this into proper real-world context for you. Imagine if your family was raped and butchered by the Manson family in front of your eyes. Years later, you meet one of the killers (who never went to jail for his crimes), and he tells you, "That wasn't me. That was somebody called Tony. I'm Jack. I'll never forgive what Tony did." If your response would be anything other than socking him in the face, I'd be very worried about you.

Juliette never faced any serious atonement for her actions, besides getting beaten up by Meisner. By referring to "Juliette" in the third person, "Eve" is projecting her crimes on a different persona to disassociate herself from them. She isn't "carrying it with her and moving forward," speakeasy, and trying to talk away the things she did and justifying it as "character evolution" is morally irresponsible. Please stop it.

You stop it, Hexenadler.

(03-21-2017, 12:36 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 09:11 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Here's a few disjointed observations about the episode:

1. Eve will stay a Hexenbiest woged for the rest of her life and will still be in woge when she dies.

2. This Z is the devil indeed. He's not wesen. He's the evil one prophesied down through the ages including the one attached to the stick and the cloth.

3. Diana can kill him, she can do anything to anyone that she commands. She will not become his Shaphat. Still wondering if she survives.

4. N and E will both die.

5. Because of the cat in the box theory the dimension separating our worlds was broken when the green eyed monster first appeared (opening of the box), so now it's a battle to see which of the two dimensions will remain. On account of the fact that only one can continue on once the reality (opening of the box) has been established that will cause the obliteration of the other.

6. The entrance to the underworld, the stone monolith with the symbols and message of the cloth, is positioned under the Seven Sisters constellation so we should be able to determine its place in reference to where it is in Portland's night sky. Like the Black Forest in Germany, home of the Grimm Brothers and the fairy tales associated with them.

7. There has never been a Decapitaire in this underworld ruled over by the Devil.

Apologies for not following protocol and using the correct threads to post these things (or for making statements that have been observed before), but I don't read the spoilers. Which explains my illogical opining of the meaning and outcome of this adventure that ends with the series. Nothing scientific or fact-based here; just the musings of a fan.

At 2:34 it says "have a 100 children".
Grimm - All Roads Lead to Diana (Episode Highlight)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzwO99MHxwc&feature=youtu.be&sf64679104=1

Don't know what you mean by that, but I doubt Diana will have 100 children with the Z-devil. It's because I don't read spoilers that I won't open the site, but I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm wrong, as I usually disclaim what I post.

(03-21-2017, 02:18 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Don't know what you mean by that, but I doubt Diana will have 100 children with the Z-devil. It's because I don't read spoilers that I won't open the site, but I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm wrong, as I usually disclaim what I post.

It is not a spoiler. It is the NBC highlight for 611.

(03-21-2017, 02:32 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 02:18 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Don't know what you mean by that, but I doubt Diana will have 100 children with the Z-devil. It's because I don't read spoilers that I won't open the site, but I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm wrong, as I usually disclaim what I post.

Yes, it's based upon that scene that I posted some of what I was sort of prognosticating. If Z wins, she will go through about a hundred labors, ouch. If she wins, with the help and sacrifice of Nick and Eve, she won't. We know from promos that she can wield the stick; wonder if she lures Z-man into our world because she knows the stick can't enter his. Maybe the stick will keep her alive when he uses some of his own powerful magic to kill her.

(03-21-2017, 02:45 PM)speakeasy Wrote:

Yes, it's based upon that scene that I posted some of what I was sort of prognosticating. If Z wins, she will go through about a hundred labors, ouch. If she wins, with the help and sacrifice of Nick and Eve, she won't. We know from promos that she can wield the stick; wonder if she lures Z-man into our world because she knows the stick can't enter his. Maybe the stick will keep her alive when he uses some of his own powerful magic to kill her.

Diana might be holding the dagger from the book like Eve but she is not using blood which makes it more likely the stick.

(03-21-2017, 02:50 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 02:45 PM)speakeasy Wrote:

Diana might be holding the dagger from the book like Eve but she is not using blood which makes it more likely the stick.

Forgot about the dagger, could be. It wouldn't surprise me if Diana would be able to touch the stick without harm, though, she's the most powerful wesen on the show, imo.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Robyn - 03-21-2017

Quote:But that's exactly what's so chilling. Nick is ready to accept Juliette's "acknowledgment" (which really isn't an acknowledgment at all), but that's only because the writers told him to be. What about the neighbors who were killed the night Juliette betrayed Kelly, which the show has conveniently forgotten about?
I don’t know what you’ve seen about Nick and his friends during the past six seasons that makes you believe they’ve given the neighbors a second thought. These are people who stole a child to keep themselves safe. They all believed Diana was with the Royals at the end of S4, and not one expressed an ounce of concern for the child’s wellbeing.

As for the writers telling Nick what to accept - every character behaves exactly as the writers choose. The stories they want to tell have had priority over character evolution since day one. G & K are not going to change tactics because some viewers are upset about the deaths of faceless neighbors who have no connection to their on-going story. It might rile you to no end, but G & K are not interested in Juliette receiving viewers’ opinion of appropriate punishment.

If wanting garnered change, my wants would have created entirely different characterizations and storylines. And yours would have created something entirely different than mine.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-21-2017

I was surprised that Juliette could tell Kenneth as much as she did about the neighbors. I sure couldn't provide that much information about the people in the houses around mine.