Grimm Forum
S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were (/Thread-S6E11-Where-the-Wild-Things-Were)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - syscrash - 03-20-2017

Quote: tried to have Nick kill Monroe, burned down the trailer, cheated on Nick with 2 men one of whom killed his mother. Oh and helped kill what was it 4 neighbors or 3 and Nicks mom.
I disagree with the trying to kill monroe and the Killing of the neighbors and Nick mom. When shooting at Sean Nick said Juliette is a better shot then that. If Juliette had of wanted Monroe dead she would have not missed. To say she tried to kill Monroe You would have to assume she missed because she is a bad shot. We have seen she is deadly accurate with a gun. On the range every shot hit the bulls eye. Even Nick has to ask if she had shot a gun before.

As for the neighbors. They ended season 5 with a declaration that she had no idea what Kenneth was going to do. The fact that people try and argue she should have known. There is nothing to show she should have known. The show even showed the same operation without anyone dying to prove death was not a for gone conclusion.

Sure people can have an opinion but that does not change the shows intent. You can only judge characters on their intent. We have know idea of their intuitive capabilities. Especially when we see examples of characters ignoring the obvious. Example a dead Manticor in the living room does not illicit questions.

Quote:Yeah, that backfired on them big time. A lot of viewers (myself included) were also still angry about Juliette's actions from the previous season, and at the very least, a sincere apology to Nick would have been appreciated. But nope: "I'm not Juliette, I'm Eve!" Even in "Where The Wild Things Were," Juliette is trying to project her crimes on a different persona. G & K were either too proud or too stubborn to admit the Eve concept was a flop, so they stuck with it to the bitter end. That's why Nick diligently went along with Juliette's bullshit. The characters can only do what the writers tell them to do.

Someone in the writing room really should have worked up the courage to tell G & K why the idea simply didn't work. Then again, maybe they were too jittery about losing their jobs
In the where the wild things are" Eve made it clear she knows she did terrible. Things she will never forgive Juliette for. She then goes on to pronounce she is not Juliette anymore. This is the idea put forth when they declared Juliette is dead. She then followed it up with reminding Nick he is also not the same person. To which he agreed. This means Nick is agreeing the Nick that wanted to Marry Juliette is dead. That Nick would never be with a hexenbiest.

I am sure their will be some that disagree with this. But then it requires the ability to have an objective view and not just see a literal interpretation.

Quote:This isn't about "differing opinions" or "a superior sense of right and wrong," speakeasy, it's about objectively terrible screenwriting. And what did G&K did was objectively terrible screenwriting. Trying to defend it doesn't make any difference.
Hexenadler because you do not understand or accept the premise does not make it poor writing. There are many of use that do realizing what the writers intent. Just reading you idea that Eve should have had a different apology shows you lack the understanding of how some deal with guilt and a troubled past.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - izzy - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 02:48 PM)eric Wrote: ]In 1975 I was teaching English to a Japanese businessman in Peru. He was running the local whaling station. Once he realized my true nature, he arranged for me to go on a whaling boat for a regular three day trip. Once we got back, there was the standard fare: grilled whale steak with rice and some kind of sauce. This diet was a perk for the workers, who were almost all Japanese. It was sort of oily, maybe because it was day fresh. Before anyone judge me, I also ate grilled guinea pig in Peru. NOW you can judge. Most of the others I have eaten down home in Louisiana, except for horse, cat and dog. Hard to find a good butcher.Big Grin I was also an undocumented immigrant at that time. Life can be fun if you don't mind being a little weird.

Thank you. I have back packed all over North America in the 80s. Anyone who goes in backcountry for months at a time realizes you cannot carry enough food so you end up eating everything that swims, flies, hops, walks, or crawls. Louisiana has great critter food. So yummy.

And I agree about life...it is a blast if you are willing to walk where fewer dare.

Kindest regards...

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - syscrash - 03-21-2017

Here is what I find strange about where the wild things are. Eve and Nick came through the mirror. Not once has either one thought about how they are getting back. That have one concern killing zerstorer. Now they have found him Nick is out of bullets. Eve is turning into a permanent woge. And they have no idea how they could escape if things go bad.

We have seen Nick not think things through. But Eve has always seemed to create her missions with an exit strategy. It is one thing to build suspense but putting the characters in danger. It is another when the danger is of their own making. This was the problem I saw with the Adalind character. She did not think thing through. Each plan seemed to backfire. When with just a little more planing she would have succeeded.

That is what I liked about Sean and the trust me knot. He had an escape plan.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - speakeasy - 03-21-2017

Both Nick and Eve have been resurrected by the stick. Maybe it's a connecting pathway between the two worlds. Sooooo, if N and E could see into the world they left, then the Scoobies just have to use the stick to pull them back and everything will be right as rain. Of course, it could turn out that the stick could only open a one-way highway to Hell, then they will be in a pickle unless they could make a superhuman adjustment to their new digs and just go for pizza.

How is that stick going to figure into the scheme of things is my question, and these things lay heavy on your mind at five in the morning. Big Grin

Quote:How is that stick going to figure into the scheme of things is my question, and these things lay heavy on your mind at five in the morning. Big Grin

I have this same fascination with Lucifer. I can't wait to see what comes next. It is the where are they going with the story that has me curious.

It is the stick that that I most wonder about. Is it a solution or the cause. I think the cause had to do with the Ritual. So far they have made no reference to it. That leaves the stick to be the catalyst. Unless they go with the prophecy would have played out no matter what any one had done. If there was no Diana Zerstorer would have picked someone else.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Kwu9888 - 03-21-2017

(03-20-2017, 07:53 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote: tried to have Nick kill Monroe, burned down the trailer, cheated on Nick with 2 men one of whom killed his mother. Oh and helped kill what was it 4 neighbors or 3 and Nicks mom.
I disagree with the trying to kill monroe and the Killing of the neighbors and Nick mom. When shooting at Sean Nick said Juliette is a better shot then that. If Juliette had of wanted Monroe dead she would have not missed. To say she tried to kill Monroe You would have to assume she missed because she is a bad shot. We have seen she is deadly accurate with a gun. On the range every shot hit the bulls eye. Even Nick has to ask if she had shot a gun before.

As for the neighbors. They ended season 5 with a declaration that she had no idea what Kenneth was going to do. The fact that people try and argue she should have known. There is nothing to show she should have known. The show even showed the same operation without anyone dying to prove death was not a for gone conclusion.

Sure people can have an opinion but that does not change the shows intent. You can only judge characters on their intent. We have know idea of their intuitive capabilities. Especially when we see examples of characters ignoring the obvious. Example a dead Manticor in the living room does not illicit questions.

Quote:Yeah, that backfired on them big time. A lot of viewers (myself included) were also still angry about Juliette's actions from the previous season, and at the very least, a sincere apology to Nick would have been appreciated. But nope: "I'm not Juliette, I'm Eve!" Even in "Where The Wild Things Were," Juliette is trying to project her crimes on a different persona. G & K were either too proud or too stubborn to admit the Eve concept was a flop, so they stuck with it to the bitter end. That's why Nick diligently went along with Juliette's bullshit. The characters can only do what the writers tell them to do.

Someone in the writing room really should have worked up the courage to tell G & K why the idea simply didn't work. Then again, maybe they were too jittery about losing their jobs
In the where the wild things are" Eve made it clear she knows she did terrible. Things she will never forgive Juliette for. She then goes on to pronounce she is not Juliette anymore. This is the idea put forth when they declared Juliette is dead. She then followed it up with reminding Nick he is also not the same person. To which he agreed. This means Nick is agreeing the Nick that wanted to Marry Juliette is dead. That Nick would never be with a hexenbiest.

I am sure their will be some that disagree with this. But then it requires the ability to have an objective view and not just see a literal interpretation.

Quote:This isn't about "differing opinions" or "a superior sense of right and wrong," speakeasy, it's about objectively terrible screenwriting. And what did G&K did was objectively terrible screenwriting. Trying to defend it doesn't make any difference.
Hexenadler because you do not understand or accept the premise does not make it poor writing. There are many of use that do realizing what the writers intent. Just reading you idea that Eve should have had a different apology shows you lack the understanding of how some deal with guilt and a troubled past.

Because you and I have a totally different opinion and we will never agree with each other which is life, but having said that I have only one critique when Juliette was in the spice shop and had Nick aiming his gun at Monroe he didn't miss as you suggested, at least I think that's what you were saying,Nick didn't miss probably would not have missed but Hank pushed Monroe out of the way or he would have shot Monroe

Quote:Because you and I have a totally different opinion and we will never agree with each other which is life, but having said that I have only one critique when Juliette was in the spice shop and had Nick aiming his gun at Monroe he didn't miss as you suggested, at least I think that's what you were saying,Nick didn't miss probably would not have missed but Hank pushed Monroe out of the way or he would have shot Monroe
And it was not until Hank pushed Monroe out of the way that Juliette pulled the trigger. Unless you think there was a reason why she could not have pulled it before when she did. She has telekinetic powers. If she did not want Monroe to move Hank would not have been able to push him. Because Hank moved Monroe why would Juliette not have changed where she was aiming.

But that is the same problem I have with the idea she wanted to hurt Adalind in the police station. She does not have to do anything physically. It would not make since for her to physically try and hit Adalind. It would have made more since to do the pen trick that Diana used. Grab a pin off a desk and shove it in her eye.

All the arguments trying to support intent ignore she has magic. The arguments would hold if she physically had to do something.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Kwu9888 - 03-21-2017

Syscrash I am done can't do this anymore enough for me is enough I have to remind myself this is just a TV show I can't understand your reasoning and you can't understand mine. I still sometimes think we are watching different shows but I am so tired of this subject how anyone can see Juliette the way you do just goes to show the writers have done a good job I think the main problem is you can't stand Adalind with Nick or just being happy in general and I can't stand Juliette getting away scot free with what she did. Anyway I respect you and your opinion to say checkmate. ??even though I think your wrong????

Am so kidding with that last bit it's what I always say to my husband

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Juliette - 03-21-2017

Excuse me if I interfere, but why Juliette? Adalind came away with everything she did. She has the you get free out of the Jail card - why not Juliette either?

I have never expressed an objection to Nick and Adalind. I have only said I do not see it working because of their differences. My arguments is the obsession people have with making Juliette a major villain. when the show gives her plausible denial for her actions.
I would agree with Juliette not getting off scot free. If the other characters did not get off scot free. It is also that people will forgive one act but not another all because of who the character is.