Grimm Forum
S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were (/Thread-S6E11-Where-the-Wild-Things-Were)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Kathryn Wooten - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 11:18 AM)speakeasy Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 11:01 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 10:39 AM)speakeasy Wrote: What I am at peace with was her statements about how both Nick and she fit into life at the present, to me it was an understandable acceptance of what she has chosen to do with the rest of her life and it's going to be sacrifical, imo. She no longer wants Nick's Eros kind of love, she doesn't even want his Philios love, but she may want his Agape love because that is the kind of love I believe Eve feels for everything she will fight for. She has definitely evolved into a higher form of self, imo.

Too bad her evolution came at the expense of Nick's mom and a few innocent neighbors, huh? Sorry, but nobody gets to become the Star Child after pulling the kind of crap Juliette pulled. If you tried giving the relatives of Juliette's victims the "a tree grows a new ring/layer every year" speech, you wouldn't get very far.

Juliette should either apologize to Nick (and I mean REALLY apologize; none of this "I'll never forgive Juliette" stupidity), or allow herself to be incarcerated. But the show won't do that, because G&K will never own up to their mess. And that's a shame.

Couldn't disagree with you more but I realize that opinions differ - and I don't necessarily equate your take on this subject with a superior sense of right and wrong.

Well, the world on the other side of the mirror was a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. And talk about sticks; that one the monster has looks a lot more impressive than the puny little twig the Crusade Knights hid away for centuries.

Couldn't figure out what the Russian woman meant about dying or living in some dimensions, but the place the green-eyed monster calls home is like I imagine Hell would be. Guess he has been waiting for Diana to be born, his bride, the long awaited one designed by prophecy to be the mother of his evil progeny. But why, to rule both worlds? To produce children that can cross over easily between the two worlds, thereby increasing his control over them, sort of like the ruler of both light and dark? Fulfilling the prophecy connected to the stick and cloth has to have a big purpose, not just to harm little Diana, but as the reason for harming her; a grand future whose source is this demonic marriage.

Eve is turning into a Hexenbiest without willfully woging in this underworld. She'll probably attack the monster, but she'll most likely lose the first go-round. And she knows she'll need Nick's power as a Decapitaire to defeat this formindable foe.

Sasha dominates every scene he's in and this episode was no exception for me. He's such a smooth operator, he's entirely unflappable most times, exuding a suave and confident response to everything, but he was so obviously shocked to hear about the keys and the stick and cloth that he was visibly bowled over, very humorous and he pulled it the scene off perfectly. Smile

Diana continues to behave like she's something they keep sealed in a small room and let out once a day for exercise. She's just like she was plopped down into the middle of an exchange between a group of people and doesn't know a thing about why they're there or what is happening; she remains separated in an alternate reality of her own. Can't figure out what's going on with her.

well said about yor description about the episode. I also would add how fluent Sean is in Russian...he makes any language sound sexy

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Hexenadler - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 11:18 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Couldn't disagree with you more but I realize that opinions differ - and I don't necessarily equate your take on this subject with a superior sense of right and wrong.

This isn't about "differing opinions" or "a superior sense of right and wrong," speakeasy, it's about objectively terrible screenwriting. And what did G&K did was objectively terrible screenwriting. Trying to defend it doesn't make any difference.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - eric - 03-20-2017

(03-19-2017, 06:47 PM)izzy Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 05:29 PM)eric Wrote: Fresh whale is a little greasy for my taste, but less so than possum.

I have eaten most of the aforementioned, including the possum but never whale.

Where and how was this served? Do you eat a pile of whale or is a part of complete dinner. If so, what side dishes are eaten with whale?

I am very serious and in earnest about my query.

Izod
In 1975 I was teaching English to a Japanese businessman in Peru. He was running the local whaling station. Once he realized my true nature, he arranged for me to go on a whaling boat for a regular three day trip. Once we got back, there was the standard fare: grilled whale steak with rice and some kind of sauce. This diet was a perk for the workers, who were almost all Japanese. It was sort of oily, maybe because it was day fresh. Before anyone judge me, I also ate grilled guinea pig in Peru. NOW you can judge. Most of the others I have eaten down home in Louisiana, except for horse, cat and dog. Hard to find a good butcher.Big Grin I was also an undocumented immigrant at that time. Life can be fun if you don't mind being a little weird.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Renardfan99 - 03-20-2017

(03-18-2017, 09:07 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 09:00 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 08:50 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Juliette IS an adult that CHOSE to be with a Grimm after learning the truth in s2. She IS an adult that knew how Nick's parents ended up being killed and how dangerous it was to be around Nick and the other Scoobies, but SHE chose to be in their lives.
Yes she made a choice. But the point is she is the only one the has suffered the consequence of her choice. every consequence that Adalind has suffered has eventually worked out for her. Not one thing has worked out for Juliette / Eve.

Adalind lost access to her not needed kid for almost two years, because of her bad choices. Adalind chose to sell her kid and ended up losing said creepy kid for TWO years. Juliette set Kelly and the neighbors up to be slaughtered by the Royal's, burned the trailer and all of the contents and tried to kill Monroe, so she will NEVER get a pass from me.

(03-18-2017, 08:56 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 08:46 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 08:44 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote: Juliette IS an adult that CHOSE to be with a Grimm after learning the truth in s2. She IS an adult that knew how Nick's parents ended up being killed and how dangerous it was to be around Nick and the other Scoobies, but SHE chose to be in their lives.
This.

She's taking no responsibility of her own actions and that bugs me.

Sean did not pretend to be sorry about anything. Why are only women characters held accountable?

Renard wanted his kid back and did what was necessary by agreeing to work with BC and then quit when it became convenient for HIM!Big Grin

(03-18-2017, 08:56 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 08:51 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I can't believe this has turned into another Adalind vs Juliette, Juliette vs Eve debate again
[Image: Frustrated-Boromir.jpg]

One does not simply go into a grimm thread and not expect an Adalind vs Juliette debate.

(03-18-2017, 08:46 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: This.

Sean did not pretend to be sorry about anything. Why are only women characters held accountable?
Sean hasn't been forgiven. Nobody trusts him and nobody really wants him there but he's there because neither of them have a choice in terms of this creature and what it means for Diana and maybe the rest of the world. Sean's situation and Eve's are not comparable (Scooby treatment) but also Sean continues his long streak of getting a pass from some viewers.

Sean wanted his kid back and since Nick knew how to contact Kelly in the first place, he is ticked off and I don't blame him! Big Grin

Sean knew Meisner had gotten Diana long before anyone else. Instead of using his contacts to get his daughter in season 5 he told Misener he only wanted to meet her and then dropped it. BC convinced Sean to want his daughter in the first place.

Meisner told Renard he had no idea where Diana was dumped by the Resistance and then we see the HW report at that showed an "asset" had been kidnapped.

Here's my issue with Grimm, why didn't Renard simply tell Nick that HE wanted his kid back and to tell Kelly to return Diana, ASAP?! It was very obvious at the end of s4 and the beginning of s5 that Renard realized that Nick knew how to contact his mother in the first place and never shared that he could get her to return his kid!

Of course, Renard NEVER once told Nick that he changed his mind and wanted his kid back!

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - MarylikesGrimm - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 03:26 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 09:07 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 09:00 AM)Renardfan99 Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 08:50 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Juliette IS an adult that CHOSE to be with a Grimm after learning the truth in s2. She IS an adult that knew how Nick's parents ended up being killed and how dangerous it was to be around Nick and the other Scoobies, but SHE chose to be in their lives.
Yes she made a choice. But the point is she is the only one the has suffered the consequence of her choice. every consequence that Adalind has suffered has eventually worked out for her. Not one thing has worked out for Juliette / Eve.

Adalind lost access to her not needed kid for almost two years, because of her bad choices. Adalind chose to sell her kid and ended up losing said creepy kid for TWO years. Juliette set Kelly and the neighbors up to be slaughtered by the Royal's, burned the trailer and all of the contents and tried to kill Monroe, so she will NEVER get a pass from me.

(03-18-2017, 08:46 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: This.

Renard wanted his kid back and did what was necessary by agreeing to work with BC and then quit when it became convenient for HIM!Big Grin

(03-18-2017, 08:56 AM)rpmaluki Wrote:
(03-18-2017, 08:51 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote: I can't believe this has turned into another Adalind vs Juliette, Juliette vs Eve debate again
[Image: Frustrated-Boromir.jpg]

One does not simply go into a grimm thread and not expect an Adalind vs Juliette debate.

(03-18-2017, 08:56 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: Sean did not pretend to be sorry about anything. Why are only women characters held accountable?
Sean hasn't been forgiven. Nobody trusts him and nobody really wants him there but he's there because neither of them have a choice in terms of this creature and what it means for Diana and maybe the rest of the world. Sean's situation and Eve's are not comparable (Scooby treatment) but also Sean continues his long streak of getting a pass from some viewers.

Sean wanted his kid back and since Nick knew how to contact Kelly in the first place, he is ticked off and I don't blame him! Big Grin

Sean knew Meisner had gotten Diana long before anyone else. Instead of using his contacts to get his daughter in season 5 he told Misener he only wanted to meet her and then dropped it. BC convinced Sean to want his daughter in the first place.

Meisner told Renard he had no idea where Diana was dumped by the Resistance and then we see the HW report at that showed an "asset" had been kidnapped.

Sean never asked Meisner to help him find his daughter or give suggestions how he could look for her since she was with Meisner's "friends". Sean know Nick is working with Meisner for while and still never follows up with Meisner. BC got him really interested in getting her back too.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Martin_Meisner
Lost Boys"
He visited Renard at the precinct and told him that they needed to catch up. They both admitted to each other that they thought the other was dead, and Meisner mentioned how he'd heard that the Royals had sent Kenneth but that he was suspected as being some kind of Jack the Ripper serial killer. Renard asked him what he was doing there, and he told Renard that he had come to tell him that the King had been in an accident and fallen out of his helicopter while it was flying over the ocean. ("Cry Havoc") He told him that his body had not been recovered but that Diana was safe and "with friends." He went into more detail and told him that Viktor had struck a deal with the Resistance to kill the King because he was upset about being replaced by Kenneth. ("Double Date") The terms of the deal were that Diana was given to the Resistance in exchange for the King being dealt with, and Meisner admitted that he had been on the helicopter. Renard said that Viktor was now the King, and Meisner replied, "For now." He added that the helicopter had not been found, and Renard then pressed Meisner on Diana's whereabouts, but he said the Resistance had not told him where she was and that he just wanted to tell Renard what he had done.

"A Reptile Dysfunction"

As they walked down the hallway, Nick told Meisner that he'd heard from Renard that he used to work for the Resistance, which Meisner confirmed. He then said that Hadrian's Wall was much bigger than that but that he didn't know how high it went, nor where their funding came from. He then left to let Nick and Eve talk for a few minutes.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Kathryn Wooten - 03-20-2017

Did Renard know that Miesner worked for HW from the start????

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Robyn - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 03:56 PM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: Did Renard know that Miesner worked for HW from the start????
Nick talked about Meisner after learning he was connected to HW and Juliette/Eve. So during or after Eve of Destruction?

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - speakeasy - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 01:38 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 11:18 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Couldn't disagree with you more but I realize that opinions differ - and I don't necessarily equate your take on this subject with a superior sense of right and wrong.

This isn't about "differing opinions" or "a superior sense of right and wrong," speakeasy, it's about objectively terrible screenwriting. And what did G&K did was objectively terrible screenwriting. Trying to defend it doesn't make any difference.

See, you write, so you can discern with a writer's eye things that get past me. Now if we were discussing color and balance, I might just have an edge over you there because I have a small artistic talent. I know I could have made a living in the commercial artist field and some others, too. I have done small paintings and big wall murals and lots between. My current canvas is my backyard (work in progress for years) where I am doing an MesoAmerican, Incan, Amazonian Jungle kind of motif. It's pretty hard and it's taken me years, but it's very beautiful if I do say so.

I defend what I perceive to be the reality of what is sensed by me, haha. So I give myself a pass on not being sharp about the writing that's gone into the Grimm series. Which is not to say I've always gone along with the storylines; took me forever to accept Juliette as a Hexenbiest.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I remain satisfied and okay with what has passed between Nick and Juliette, including what I took to be a very straightforward acknowledgement of the sins of Juliette - her regret for the past and her wise decision to go ahead with the quest she's on. And closing the door on her time with Nick as something that lies only in the past now. I don't in any way feel Eve (first Woman) is separating herself from what Juliette did, just carrying it with her and going forward. I'll watch the scene again, but saw it twice already and I really approved of what they said to each other. She's a bit ahead of Nick in her resolve, but I felt he (who is always thoughtful and cautious about emotions) will follow closely behind and be okay.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Robyn - 03-20-2017

Quote:She's a bit ahead of Nick in her resolve, but I felt he (who is always thoughtful and cautious about emotions) will follow closely behind and be okay.
I don't think Nick could close that door until he knew Juliette could/had. In his mind he had so much more than Juliette, and I think him hearing that Juliette is where she wants to be and wouldn't go back if she could, will go a long way in helping Nick close that door.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - speakeasy - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 05:29 PM)Robyn Wrote:
Quote:She's a bit ahead of Nick in her resolve, but I felt he (who is always thoughtful and cautious about emotions) will follow closely behind and be okay.
I don't think Nick could close that door until he knew Juliette could/had. In his mind he had so much more than Juliette, and I think him hearing that Juliette is where she wants to be and wouldn't go back if she could, will go a long way in helping Nick close that door.

I agree completely. Now you mention it, Juliette probably spoke as she did to release him. In so doing, they both are liberated, imo. These are two of the most battle-scarred lead characters I've ever been invested in. Sad

@Kathryn Wooten: It's those gorgeous suits, too, as I always remind everyone. But he looked so darn cute in his sports clothes, of course. And I just love hearing him speak in different languages, he's just adorable. He's a bad boy with a good heart, imo!