Grimm Forum
S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were (/Thread-S6E11-Where-the-Wild-Things-Were)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Hexenadler - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 05:30 AM)Robyn Wrote: I think G & K intended the Eve character to be unexpected and intriguing. But she was neither because too many viewers anticipated Juliette’s death was faked, and the new character was swept up in the poorly executed, underwhelming HW/BC arc.

Yeah, that backfired on them big time. A lot of viewers (myself included) were also still angry about Juliette's actions from the previous season, and at the very least, a sincere apology to Nick would have been appreciated. But nope: "I'm not Juliette, I'm Eve!" Even in "Where The Wild Things Were," Juliette is trying to project her crimes on a different persona. G & K were either too proud or too stubborn to admit the Eve concept was a flop, so they stuck with it to the bitter end. That's why Nick diligently went along with Juliette's bullshit. The characters can only do what the writers tell them to do.

Someone in the writing room really should have worked up the courage to tell G & K why the idea simply didn't work. Then again, maybe they were too jittery about losing their jobs.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - rpmaluki - 03-20-2017

A simple apology would have sufficed.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Devegs - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 08:59 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 05:30 AM)Robyn Wrote: I think G & K intended the Eve character to be unexpected and intriguing. But she was neither because too many viewers anticipated Juliette’s death was faked, and the new character was swept up in the poorly executed, underwhelming HW/BC arc.

Yeah, that backfired on them big time. A lot of viewers (myself included) were also still angry about Juliette's actions from the previous season, and at the very least, a sincere apology to Nick would have been appreciated. But nope: "I'm not Juliette, I'm Eve!" Even in "Where The Wild Things Were," Juliette is trying to project her crimes on a different persona. G & K were either too proud or too stubborn to admit the Eve concept was a flop, so they stuck with it to the bitter end. That's why Nick diligently went along with Juliette's bullshit. The characters can only do what the writers tell them to do.

Someone in the writing room really should have worked up the courage to tell G & K why the idea simply didn't work. Then again, maybe they were too jittery about losing their jobs.

G&K said in an interview that they were killing Juliet (I guess it would have been the consequence of her actions as hexenette) but because they loved the actress so much and thought she had really an amazing range, they wanted to keep her on the show. So Eve had a lot to do with the writers writing Bitsie back into the show as opposed to having a character that enhanced their story line at the time, kinda like how Meisner 'came back' this season. To the detriment of both characters furthermore (IMO), I think they probably spent more time thinking about what they wanted to have 'Bitsie' do as opposed to working on the new character since they mentioned that they had wanted to show off her amazing range as an actress. They did not commit to their 'Juliet is dead premise' 100% though they stuck by it because they kept inserting a faux love triangle and did not resolve the new 'Eve' vs Juliette character by giving Nick full closure/resolution in S5.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - New Guy - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 09:05 AM)rpmaluki Wrote: A simple apology would have sufficed.
Hi RPM,
Who should apologize, Juliette, Hexenette, FrankenEve, G&K or all of them? It seems Juliette and/or Hexenette are either dead or exist only as a memory in FrankenEve's head. FrankenEve tells Nick (underline added):
Quote:I was scared and angry, and I did a lot of terrible things.
Things I can never forgive Juliette for.
But I'm not Juliette anymore, Nick.
She's gone.
What is it she cannot forgive Juliette for? She says "I did" but just cannot clearly confess what she did and continues to blame Juliette. Whacko!:
Quote:Noun. 1. whacko - a person who is regarded as eccentric or mad. nutter, wacko. eccentric, eccentric person, oddball, flake, geek - a person with an unusual or odd personality.
That leaves G&K. They told us Juliette was "indeed dead" but brought back the Eve thing and fell into a hole from which they cannot emerge.
IMO any apology shall not be forthcoming. Angry
N G

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Devegs - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 10:13 AM)New Guy Wrote: That leaves G&K. They told us Juliette was "indeed dead" but brought back the Eve thing and fell into a hole from which they cannot emerge.
IMO any apology shall not be forthcoming. Angry
N G

Bullseye!

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - speakeasy - 03-20-2017

(03-18-2017, 08:50 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Don't really have much to add to the posts already here. Just that all in all I enjoyed the episode. Smile

Thought it was interesting the show runners have decided to go with a 3 part finale. Hope they finally resolve some things.

@speakeasy, afraid I can't agree about Eve's so called apology. She is Juliette and she owes Nick big time! The least she could have done is say she was sorry instead of spouting that "Juliette is gone and I'm not her" BS!Angry

On the lighter side, roasting and eating a blutbad was just rude! Big Grin

She's Juliette and she's Eve. Kinda like a tree grows a new ring or layer every year. In the sense that the tree remains a tree it is the same tree. In the sense that at tree will grow multiple new rings it is the same tree, but more than it was. At full growth it will never be what it started out as, it is different - but the same original entity. I have no problem with Eve being Juliette, just not the exact same Juliette as she was before the change.

What I am at peace with was her statements about how both Nick and she fit into life at the present, to me it was an understandable acceptance of what she has chosen to do with the rest of her life and it's going to be sacrifical, imo. She no longer wants Nick's Eros kind of love, she doesn't even want his Philios love, but she may want his Agape love because that is the kind of love I believe Eve feels for everything she will fight for. She has definitely evolved into a higher form of self, imo.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - brandon - 03-20-2017

What she does not want is to have a partner and job. To be "happy" it does not count. Why can you be happy helping other people or having only what is necessary to live.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Hexenadler - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 10:39 AM)speakeasy Wrote: What I am at peace with was her statements about how both Nick and she fit into life at the present, to me it was an understandable acceptance of what she has chosen to do with the rest of her life and it's going to be sacrifical, imo. She no longer wants Nick's Eros kind of love, she doesn't even want his Philios love, but she may want his Agape love because that is the kind of love I believe Eve feels for everything she will fight for. She has definitely evolved into a higher form of self, imo.

Too bad her evolution came at the expense of Nick's mom and a few innocent neighbors, huh? Sorry, but nobody gets to become the Star Child after pulling the kind of crap Juliette pulled. If you tried giving the relatives of Juliette's victims the "a tree grows a new ring/layer every year" speech, you wouldn't get very far.

Juliette should either apologize to Nick (and I mean REALLY apologize; none of this "I'll never forgive Juliette" stupidity), or allow herself to be incarcerated. But the show won't do that, because G&K will never own up to their mess. And that's a shame.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - Robyn - 03-20-2017

Quote:G&K said in an interview that they were killing Juliet (I guess it would have been the consequence of her actions as hexenette) but because they loved the actress so much and thought she had really an amazing range, they wanted to keep her on the show. So Eve had a lot to do with the writers writing Bitsie back into the show as opposed to having a character that enhanced their story line at the time, kinda like how Meisner 'came back' this season. To the detriment of both characters furthermore (IMO), I think they probably spent more time thinking about what they wanted to have 'Bitsie' do as opposed to working on the new character since they mentioned that they had wanted to show off her amazing range as an actress. They did not commit to their 'Juliet is dead premise' 100% though by stuck it because they kept inserting a faux love triangle and did not resolve the new 'Eve' vs Juliette character by giving Nick full closure/resolution in S5.
Based on general consensus, G & K have done rather well coming up with and executing WoW episode ideas. But executing overarching storylines and fleshing out characters & interpersonal relationships doesn’t seem to be their forte. Or maybe those areas simply aren’t their priority. However, selling viewers on Juliette’s death and the creation of the Eve character required both. And if viewers aren’t buying the Juliette is not Eve idea, they also won’t buy that Nick finds closure. Seasons 5 & 6 could have been quite different had G & K remained committed to their original concept of Eve.

RE: S6E11 - Where the Wild Things Were - speakeasy - 03-20-2017

(03-20-2017, 11:01 AM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 10:39 AM)speakeasy Wrote: What I am at peace with was her statements about how both Nick and she fit into life at the present, to me it was an understandable acceptance of what she has chosen to do with the rest of her life and it's going to be sacrifical, imo. She no longer wants Nick's Eros kind of love, she doesn't even want his Philios love, but she may want his Agape love because that is the kind of love I believe Eve feels for everything she will fight for. She has definitely evolved into a higher form of self, imo.

Too bad her evolution came at the expense of Nick's mom and a few innocent neighbors, huh? Sorry, but nobody gets to become the Star Child after pulling the kind of crap Juliette pulled. If you tried giving the relatives of Juliette's victims the "a tree grows a new ring/layer every year" speech, you wouldn't get very far.

Juliette should either apologize to Nick (and I mean REALLY apologize; none of this "I'll never forgive Juliette" stupidity), or allow herself to be incarcerated. But the show won't do that, because G&K will never own up to their mess. And that's a shame.

Couldn't disagree with you more but I realize that opinions differ - and I don't necessarily equate your take on this subject with a superior sense of right and wrong.

Well, the world on the other side of the mirror was a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. And talk about sticks; that one the monster has looks a lot more impressive than the puny little twig the Crusade Knights hid away for centuries.

Couldn't figure out what the Russian woman meant about dying or living in some dimensions, but the place the green-eyed monster calls home is like I imagine Hell would be. Guess he has been waiting for Diana to be born, his bride, the long awaited one designed by prophecy to be the mother of his evil progeny. But why, to rule both worlds? To produce children that can cross over easily between the two worlds, thereby increasing his control over them, sort of like the ruler of both light and dark? Fulfilling the prophecy connected to the stick and cloth has to have a big purpose, not just to harm little Diana, but as the reason for harming her; a grand future whose source is this demonic marriage.

Eve is turning into a Hexenbiest without willfully woging in this underworld. She'll probably attack the monster, but she'll most likely lose the first go-round. And she knows she'll need Nick's power as a Decapitaire to defeat this formindable foe.

Sasha dominates every scene he's in and this episode was no exception for me. He's such a smooth operator, he's entirely unflappable most times, exuding a suave and confident response to everything, but he was so obviously shocked to hear about the keys and the stick and cloth that he was visibly bowled over, very humorous and he pulled it the scene off perfectly. Smile

Diana continues to behave like she's something they keep sealed in a small room and let out once a day for exercise. She's just like she was plopped down into the middle of an exchange between a group of people and doesn't know a thing about why they're there or what is happening; she remains separated in an alternate reality of her own. Can't figure out what's going on with her.