Grimm Forum
S6E10 - Blood Magic - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E10 - Blood Magic (/Thread-S6E10-Blood-Magic)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S6E10 - Blood Magic - GreenGoth - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 07:13 AM)speakeasy Wrote: [quote='brandon' pid='49267' dateline='1489326896']
In wikia only figure "Blutbad" and other-"Zar?- .

The Zar-something wesen was the old man who murdered the two victims. Agree that the old wesen experience an adrenaline rush, and that's why the doctor had to end the lives of the two people, Mr. Stanton and Mrs. Cutler. Because of their dementia they were doing harm to those around them and it had to be stopped.

Imo, points to 'you're never too old', but it must be considered the physical ability vs. the health of the mental ability posing a danger in determining what to do in any particular case. In these two cases, I believe it was a blessing to peaceably end the lives of the aging wesen because they posed both a physical threat and a threat of exposing the secret existence of wesen society. Still think she was a Hunjager, but maybe not.

The elderly "perp" appeared to be a Drang-Zorn to me (very fierce & dangerous; remember the little girl in "Bottle Imp" who came into her woge way too early to handle the violent impulses?) Not at all sure what the elderly nursing home lady was...need to watch that part again!

RE: S6E10 - Blood Magic - syscrash - 03-12-2017

Quote:Hexenadler Wrote:
Guys, none of you are listening to what I'm trying to say. As the show's protagonist, Nick has a responsibility to adhere to a moral code even while everything else spirals out of control around him. Take that away, and the audience has no one to latch onto.

I'm willing to give Nick some leeway in Kenneth's murder, as he really was a vile piece of work, but how many of Nick's illegal actions can be indulged before the series starts sending out a reprehensible message that most crimes are okay, as long as you're not caught?
You have an impossible expectation from Nick. There are very few wesen cases that you could ever prove. So what would be the moral solution.
Even the very first episode when going after the mailman. What officer would go into that situation without backup. Even the result of that episode was against policy. The guy was unarmed and running away. At that point they had no actual evidence against the guy. They had no idea the girl was in the basement.
Here is where reality and science fiction cause a conflict as to the solution. I reality Hank would have cased him, handcuffed him and off to jail. In Grimm had Hank chased him Hank would have had his throat ripped out.

The point is wesen are a deadly weapon. So there is no such thing as them being unarmed. They also have an instinct to kill when cornered. So when confronted you are right to fear for your life. The problem is you could never prove any of that. The show realizes the moral conflict that is created, that is why wesen that can not be arrested are killed by some means other then Nick. The ones Nick dies kill it is only after a long drawn out fight.
Where Trubel has come up behind a wesen and beheaded them. Nick never has. Where Eve has assassinated wesen Nick never has. Even Kenneth it was after a fight. Even though it was not a fair fight.

So to where it is possible killing is not Nick go to position. So in the realm of science fiction he does take the moral high ground. Compared with real life he does not. Mainly because he goes into situation where the wesen could have been arrested. If Nick had of had followed procedure and waited for backup.

RE: S6E10 - Blood Magic - syscrash - 03-13-2017

This is one of the few episodes where the name blood magic had nothing to do with the WOW. We know the last two titles are about the story arc.

RE: S6E10 - Blood Magic - MarylikesGrimm - 03-13-2017

(03-13-2017, 02:45 AM)syscrash Wrote: This is one of the few episodes where the name blood magic had nothing to do with the WOW. We know the last two titles are about the story arc.

Adalind helped Eve with magic just like Claire said months ago in this show.

RE: S6E10 - Blood Magic - syscrash - 03-13-2017

Quote:Adalind helped Eve with magic just like Claire said months ago in this show.
Actually Adalind did not help other then giving her the books. Even when Eve called to ask questions. Adalind did not give her any of the knowledge she had. She only keep saying how dangerous it is. Eve figured it out through trial and error.
That is why it is going to be interesting how Adalind figures out how Eve did it.

RE: S6E10 - Blood Magic - irukandji - 03-13-2017

(03-13-2017, 04:37 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Adalind helped Eve with magic just like Claire said months ago in this show.
Actually Adalind did not help other then giving her the books. Even when Eve called to ask questions. Adalind did not give her any of the knowledge she had. She only keep saying how dangerous it is. Eve figured it out through trial and error.
That is why it is going to be interesting how Adalind figures out how Eve did it.

I wonder where the scene occurs where Eve, Adalind, and Diana are connected intimately. Bitsie talked about that a while back. I have yet to see anything that supports her statement.

(03-13-2017, 04:45 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 04:37 AM)syscrash Wrote:

I wonder where the scene occurs where Eve, Adalind, and Diana are connected intimately. Bitsie talked about that a while back. I have yet to see anything that supports her statement.

Since Adalind's hexenbiest is immune to Nick's blood IMO both Eve and Diana should be too that might be a reason why their blood needs to used on the mirror or in a potion or spell since this story-line might be grimm related.

Intimate usually indicates something more personal. The only thing I can think of would involve something common to all three of their hexenbiest spirits.

(03-13-2017, 05:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: Intimate usually indicates something more personal. The only thing I can think of would involve something common to all three of their hexenbiest spirits.

IMO all three of their hexenbiest spirits are immune to Grimm's blood which may turn out to have personal ramification.

(03-13-2017, 05:12 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 05:09 AM)irukandji Wrote: Intimate usually indicates something more personal. The only thing I can think of would involve something common to all three of their hexenbiest spirits.

IMO all three of their hexenbiest spirits are immune to Grimm's blood which may turn to have personal ramification.

Understood, but that's a given. Even if all three of them have to combine their blood to beat the skull guy, that still doesn't unite the three of them intimately. Both Adalind and Eve bit their arms and shed blood but neither seemed embarrassed that that was somehow an intimate thing.

As a side note, I have wondered if this skull thing isn't some kind of Grimm.