Grimm Forum
Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm (/Thread-Injustice-done-to-the-Juliette-s-character-in-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - MarylikesGrimm - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 07:45 PM)Mart Wrote: What does it matter? How on earth is this related to ANYthing on Grimm?
People ...

it's hopeless.

Do you feel it is alright to compare female characters on Grimm but not the male ones?

I love to talk about baby Kelly instead.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - brandon - 03-04-2017

When Juliette began with his revenge it was like when a person has their "day of fury". And for my Juliette it is worse than Adalind. What the bar because wanted make a mess. Who was bothering her? Nothing. She knew how to use a weapon, and become a "Hexenbiest" was to put a weapon without limits. I would say Juliette got tired of her morale that she saw that nothing turned out to be good and exploit. Nick was right to protect Adalind and his son.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - MarylikesGrimm - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 07:48 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:How do you know that he did not use his abilities to get his job? Here is the double standard.
What abilities does Sean have other then strength. He has no magic and can not manipulate. He has never even been shown to make potions.

Sean is the best manipulator by leaps and bounds over the other main characters. Adalind has not shown any powers to manipulate. Even when she tells the truth people often will not believe her.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Robyn - 03-04-2017

Quote:I have never said I preferred Juliette over Adalind. My point in comparing the two is to point out the double standard.
But you’re relying on double standards to support your argument. Adalind is responsible for her actions despite Renard being the mastermind behind those actions. Yet, Juliette doesn’t have any responsibility for becoming a Hexenbiest despite assisting with Diana’s kidnapping. Kelly was the mastermind, but Juliette willingly cooperated with her plan.

The only defining difference is that you think the kidnapping was justified. You’re vacating Juliette’s personal responsibility for the resulting fallout because of your personal opinion of Kelly and Adalind.

The only way to avoid double standards is to allow each character to stand on his/her own merit. Adalind ultimately lost Diana because of the cumulative effect of bad choices/actions. But Adalind’s choices/actions don’t justify Juliette’s or anyone else’s decision to kidnap Diana. That they did it to protect themselves from the Royals was their choice. That they were hit with severe repercussions is the result of their choice.

Juliette has been victimized by circumstances and the actions of others, but so has Adalind. There’s only a difference for the two characters when personal preferences allow for double standards.

And while we’re discussing double standards, if you think Adalind has been given a free pass, you must think Renard hit the jackpot of free passes, because he has never been held accountable for his personal goals jumpstarting Nick and Adalind’s antagonistic relationship then using it to weasel his way into an alliance with Nick.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - syscrash - 03-04-2017

Sean can not do what henretta did to Nick. Adalind can. Go back and watch BeeWare. Listen where the queen talks about he the firm took the paper plants buy making them sign contracts. That is why the firm wants hexenbiest. At the right time they convince the client to sign.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Mart - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 07:50 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 07:45 PM)Mart Wrote: What does it matter? How on earth is this related to ANYthing on Grimm?
People ...

it's hopeless.

Do you feel it is alright to compare female characters on Grimm but not the male ones?

I really don't know what to say to this. Do i feel that its alright to compare oranges with elephants? I really don't know.
And the heck i don't know what this has to do with a TV show called "Grimm".
How can Nick not be gay while working with only male persons?

I just don't ask myself these kind of questions, you know?! It NEVER crossed my mind.
I'd like to talk about the episodes. How cool it was to see a van with "G&K" written on it in the last episode ... that kind of stuff.
But that's impossible here. You can't talk about the episodes, nor can you talk about the show itself here in a normal way.
It just goes on like "why does the wall at Nicks place keeps saying 1+3=9=?"

It just ... doesn't make sense. I'd LOVE to talk about Grimm. But that's not, what's happening here, and that's sad.
But the show's over soon anyway, so it's okay.
There are a lot of other places where i can actually TALK about the shows i like - and i even UNDERSTAND what people are saying - for more than 10 years now. Believe it or not.

(03-04-2017, 08:01 PM)Mart Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 07:50 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
People ...

it's hopeless.

I really don't know what to say to this. Do i feel that its alright to compare oranges with elephants? I really don't know.
And the heck i don't know what this has to do with a TV show called "Grimm".
How can Nick not be gay while working with only male persons?

I just don't ask myself these kind of questions, you know?! It NEVER crossed my mind.
I'd like to talk about the episodes. How cool it was to see a van with "G&K" written on it in the last episode ... that kind of stuff.
But that's impossible here. You can't talk about the episodes, nor can you talk about the show itself here in a normal way.
It just goes on like "why does the wall at Nicks place keeps saying 1+3=9=?"

It just ... doesn't make sense. I'd LOVE to talk about Grimm. But that's not, what's happening here, and that's sad.
But the show's over soon anyway, so it's okay.
There are a lot of other places where i can actually TALK about the shows i like - and i even UNDERSTAND what people are saying - for more than 10 years now. Believe it or not.

This stuff bores me too. What do you want to talk about?

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Mart - 03-04-2017

Nothing. Too late. MUCH too late. Sorry. Wink

(03-04-2017, 07:59 PM)syscrash Wrote: Sean can not do what henretta did to Nick. Adalind can. Go back and watch BeeWare. Listen where the queen talks about he the firm took the paper plants buy making them sign contracts. That is why the firm wants hexenbiest. At the right time they convince the client to sign.

Sean was able to make Nick feel it was okay to try to kill aunt Maria and try to kill Hank because he handed a key back to Nick. Sean is way more powerful than Henretta.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Robyn - 03-04-2017

Renard is a master at manipulation. But I think there was also a chauvinistic air to their alliance - boys will be boys but conniving women have to be put down.

As time passed and Nick didn’t see any indication of Renard working against him, he probably stopped thinking about it, and saw the advantage of having a captain who made his Grimm duties easier. Imagine Nick having to work with a captain who was human and clueless.