Grimm Forum
Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm (/Thread-Injustice-done-to-the-Juliette-s-character-in-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Robyn - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 01:44 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: During the spell she did not ask Nick for children. She said Kelly should be hers which could mean that Eve believes Juliette and Nick should have raise him without Adalind being involved too just like they took Diana.
I don't think Juliette was implying that she should be raising Kelly with Nick. She was talking about Adalind living the life that should be hers. She and Nick should be happy together, parenting their child.

That Nick and Juliette would have had children is an assumption, but it's an assumption Juliette has a right to make.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - irukandji - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 03:59 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 03:45 PM)irukandji Wrote: The latter. She was a Grimm simply forcing her will on others and as a result, she caused massive devastation. What do you suppose was in it for her? I highly doubt motherhood was the reward.
Well that’s been suggested a few times. I equate that with a someone so obsessed with having a child that she snatches one while the mother is shopping. And that doesn’t sound like Kelly Burkhardt to me.

I think she was acting of her own volition because I think she’s the type to force her will on others, and I don’t buy into the preordained destiny that’s coming up all of sudden. It’s too late to bring in the concept that everything was prophesied centuries ago and make it believable.

I was thinking about something maylevka wrote earlier with regard to Juliette's insanity as a hexenbiest. Maylevka wrote that (and I am paraphrasing here) that Juliette took a trip to the dark side and wasn't really responsible for her actions. What if the same applied to Adalind?

Adalind voiced some real fear last season that her big bad hexenbiest was going to return. It has come back, but where's the horror? Not there. There was a marked change in her once she became a mother. I have noticed it happened twice now. The first time, she settled down. Hell, she was even willing to be around Nick and that says a lot! She reverted back to her old ways when Diana was taken from her. The second time was with her baby Kelly. What if being a mother is the thing that soothes the savage biest?

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - syscrash - 03-04-2017

OK MarylikeGrimm here is a perfect post the shows exactly what I was talking about when it comes to condemnation of Juliette.
Quote:OMG is this still actually going on? My stance,as I've stated before, is Juliette pretends she didn't do anything that it was all Eve. How long can she keep that story up. Again she has never ever ever asked for forgiveness from Nick or anyone else she TRIED TO KILL, oh and also from the one whose mother she helped be beheaded.
I actually feel no sympathy for her she had so many opportunities to get help or at least work on it but tried to kill the people who loved her. Never have I heard one bit of remorse or sorrow for what she has done. Apparently the only thing she is sorry for is that Nick didn't get to bury Juliette. No one turned away from her she turned away from everyone. Sometimes all you have to do is apologize like Adalind did and ask for forgiveness which was readily given to her, that is what the main difference is between them Juliette or whatever she calls herself today. Sometimes it just doesn't matter why you did something just admit it and try to move on

This is not an isolated example.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - irukandji - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 04:06 PM)izzy Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 12:13 PM)irukandji Wrote: Well, I have wondered if he ever really had a male role to begin with. Nick never speaks of his father. My own brother, who never got along with my father by the way, still speaks of conflicts with him while growing up. It makes me wonder if perhaps Nick's father was absent from his household. Maybe the "friend" that died in the crash with Nick's father was more than a friend and the two of them were leaving for good that fateful day.

That would mean Kelly was left with the burden of raising Nick.

Exactly. Most shows, over time, flesh out the central character. After 6 seasons we know very little about Nick. We have to fill in the blanks and the interpretations vary greatly.

What is odd is if Nick's character died some horrific senseless death who (in terms of fans) would care? How could any fan have built and emotional tie to character who really you have no sense of? Contrast that to the death of Bud, Rosalee, Monroe or even Adalind, we as fans, have a greater sense of who they are as individuals and likely could form a level of emotional bound to one or more of the characters.

Did you get any deeper sense of Nick's character when he assumed Renard's shape and masqueraded as the mayor? Just curious what your thoughts are on that.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Hell Rell - 03-04-2017

Where is it that people blame Juliette for everything? That isn't a common opinion I've seen. She isn't popular but she really didn't get much blame for anything until she burned the trailer. The most extreme opinion should not be chosen to be representative of the majority.

Adalind sure as hell gets a lot of the blame. I've seen plenty of people calling for her death and how disgusting her relationship with Nick is. I've pointed out Adalind being manipulated by Renard but not to absolve her. It has more to do with pointing out how how he's the one that truly gets a pass. He doesn't get half as much hate as either Juliette or Adalind. If anyone gets absolved of their past actions, it's him.

Personally, I don't blame the Hexenbiest for Juliette or Adalind's actions. Adalind taking Nick's powers away was the act of a desperate mother while Juliette's were of a woman scorned. The Hexenbiest just gave them the power to do what they already wanted to do. Someone compared Juliette's acts to that of a zombie a couple of pages back. That's not an apt description because we've seen the equivalent of zombies in this show and they had no conscious of what they were doing while Adalind and Juliette clearly did.

Juliette's actions against the scoobies are seen in a more negative light because of the relationship she had with them. Adalind was an antagonist when she did her dirt while Juliette was a member of the scoobies for over three years. Imagine if there were a season 7. Do people honestly believe there wouldn't be a huge backlash to Adalind if she reverted back to her old self after being with Nick, having his child, and declaring her love for him while being welcomed by the gang? Do people think this forum wouldn't blow up more than it already has?

(03-04-2017, 04:03 PM)Kwu9888 Wrote: OMG is this still actually going on? My stance,as I've stated before, is Juliette pretends she didn't do anything that it was all Eve. How long can she keep that story up. Again she has never ever ever asked for forgiveness from Nick or anyone else she TRIED TO KILL, oh and also from the one whose mother she helped be beheaded.
I actually feel no sympathy for her she had so many opportunities to get help or at least work on it but tried to kill the people who loved her. Never have I heard one bit of remorse or sorrow for what she has done. Apparently the only thing she is sorry for is that Nick didn't get to bury Juliette. No one turned away from her she turned away from everyone. Sometimes all you have to do is apologize like Adalind did and ask for forgiveness which was readily given to her, that is what the main difference is between them Juliette or whatever she calls herself today. Sometimes it just doesn't matter why you did something just admit it and try to move on

I ask that you consider this, Kwu. Adalind blamed her hexenbiest, stating it takes control of her. Is that any different than Eve blaming Juliette. In essence, Juliette is the hexenbiest.

I'm not saying either woman is innocent. But in this pairing with a hexenbiest, is there some merit to what both women are saying?

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - rpmaluki - 03-04-2017

Adalind still accepted her actions as her own regardless, Eve blamed Juliette as though she was a separate being altogether.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Hell Rell - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 04:07 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(03-04-2017, 01:44 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: During the spell she did not ask Nick for children. She said Kelly should be hers which could mean that Eve believes Juliette and Nick should have raise him without Adalind being involved too just like they took Diana.
I don't think Juliette was implying that she should be raising Kelly with Nick. She was talking about Adalind living the life that should be hers. She and Nick should be happy together, parenting their child.

That Nick and Juliette would have had children is an assumption, but it's an assumption Juliette has a right to make.

There's also the added flavor of Adalind being impregnated while taking Juliette's form. I could easily see Juliette believing that Adalind took her life the moment she took her form. I can actually see why that would be her line of thought.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - New Guy - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 02:20 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:Adalind is usually the one blamed for everything. Juliette is simply unforgiven for what she did when she went around the crazy bend, starting with burning the trailer.
But when was the last time someone want to see Adalind dead or even see Sean dead. Juliette is the only one people keep wanting to see dead.
Hi Syscrash:
FYI (again):
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Cry_Havoc
Provides (emphasis added):
Quote:Nick tells her to get out, but Juliette tells him he should have killed her when he had the chance. She woges and pushes him across the room into a wall. She then throws him part way through a window, drags him back, and smacks him across his face. Juliette retracts and looks at Nick on the ground. Nick tells her he is done fighting, and she says, "I know. I wish I was. Goodbye, Nick." She woges and raises her hand, but from behind, Trubel says, "Goodbye Juliette," and shoots her twice with the Doppelarmbrust. Juliette retracts and turns towards Nick, who grabs her as she falls to the ground. She gasps, and blood starts coming out of her mouth. She dies as Nick cries.
[Image: 151029-news-grimm-1.jpg]
G&K confirmed to TV Line:
http://tvline.com/2015/05/15/grimm-juliette-dies-dead-season-5-spoilers/
Quote:TVLine went straight to the source for some answers to all of your burning questions.
“Juliette is dead,” series co-creator and executive producer James Kouf says.
“Sure looks like it,” adds series co-creator and EP David Greenwalt, laughing.
. . .
TVLINE | Will Bitsie Tulloch be around in the next season?
KOUF | No, Juliette’s dead.
GREENWALT | She’s gone.
Then again at Comic-Con:
Quote:The panel's moderator, EW's Lynette Rice, asked executive producer Greenwalt if Juliette was really dead, likening her death in the finale to Jon Snow’s on Game of Thrones as a possible misdirection, but Greenwalt confirmed that yes, Juliette is indeed dead.
To my knowledge G&K have never recanted their confirmation that Juliette died.
So Syscrash, take a look. We have seen Juliette Dead.
If FrankenEve is so smart and "together" why this?:
Quote:Scene: Eve closes all the books she has open and grabs a mirror upstairs.
Eve: [She looks at herself in the mirror. Quietly] Who were you? Who are you now?
Four episodes to go so will G&K explain who FrankenEve was and is?
N G

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - rpmaluki - 03-04-2017

(03-04-2017, 04:10 PM)syscrash Wrote: OK MarylikeGrimm here is a perfect post the shows exactly what I was talking about when it comes to condemnation of Juliette.
Quote:OMG is this still actually going on? My stance,as I've stated before, is Juliette pretends she didn't do anything that it was all Eve. How long can she keep that story up. Again she has never ever ever asked for forgiveness from Nick or anyone else she TRIED TO KILL, oh and also from the one whose mother she helped be beheaded.

This is not an isolated example.
She's not calling for Juliette's death. She has no sympathy because Eve/Juliette has never shown remorse over her actions, it's not the same as calling for her death. N.G. Is the one that does that but he not just picking on Juliette. I've read some of his posts where he also said Adalind should be killed. In comparison, there's several people who do want Adalind to "sacrifice" herself and leave he children motherless and not many people are calling for Juliette's death.

There's plenty of people unsympathetic to Juliette because of what she did after she burnt the trailer mainly because she hasn't apologized for anything to any of the people she chose to hurt and yet has been accept back as a scooby member. I sympathise with pre hexenbiest Juliette and not at all with post trailer burning hexenbiest Juliette or Eve.