Grimm Forum
Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm (/Thread-Injustice-done-to-the-Juliette-s-character-in-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - rpmaluki - 03-03-2017

Adalind and Juliette are/were in different circumstances. Juliette was in ignorance of the danger. Adalind isn't/expects the danger already. Juliette was already in a loving relationship with Nick that was slowly coming apart. Adalind and Nick began as enemies and have been shown to grow closer instead. Juliette had expectations of her relationship with Nick and was unhappy being left out of his business. Adalind has zero expectations and hasn't demanded to know every little detail because she's seen how it could endanger him.

It's a bit foolish to expect these two women to react the same to every situation when the conditions are quite dissimilar, apart from sleeping with Nick.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - MarylikesGrimm - 03-03-2017

(03-03-2017, 04:59 AM)syscrash Wrote: But Nick and Adalind are even worse. They have a child and not talked about what the future holds. At the beginning of the Nick and Adalind relationship they made it seem like Adalind was expecting this to be a short term situation. She was surprised he offered to take her with him to the fome. Even when she was talking about going to work it seemed like it was the first step to being on her own. Like she said she does not feel right accepting help from Nick. At least with Juliette you could tell she added all kinds of things to the house. Adalind has not added anything to the fome.

So using the reason why Nick and Juliette where moving apart. Nick and Adalind fits all of those things and more. YOu said you where surprised Nick and Juliette did not talk about the dangers of being a Grimm and having children. Well Nick and Adalind have a child and have not talked about the dangers. so if your comment of "That is why their relationship IMO did not seem a long term commitment since they never had long term discussions about their life together." fits Nick and Juliette does it also fit Nick and Adalind.

Adalind is willing not to work for her children and live in a fome which most women would not do. She rarely goes go out and owns few things again for safety. She trusts Nick to keep only the secrets that will not endanger the children and that may backfire. Adalind would move to the middle of nowhere for her children to be safe without a thought and not take unneeded risks. Adalind is IMO Nick's idea of a mate for a grimm. IMO most women including Juliette would have not done this. IMO Juliette was willing to be with a grimm as long as they were not planning on children and that was why she was not bringing it up. Juliette was willing to die for Nick but IMO not live a life in prison-like conditions with children.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - syscrash - 03-03-2017

There is a problem with justification for being in the fome because it is a safe place to be. One Nick said he pick it because no one could find him. Yet Trubel and Meisner should up a few days later. Nick said he picked it becuase of the security features including the steel shutters. Yet It did not stop Eve from Entering. And it surly did not even slow BC down. They entered with ease. So exactly how is it safer then the house was.
Sean house was attacked he moves to a beach house. He becomes the enemy of BC and he moves to a hill top house. There is no logic to Nicks choice. there is also no logic to why he still stays there. The tunnels have nothing to do with the prophecy. They only became important once Eve drew on them.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - irukandji - 03-03-2017

Did Nick propose out of love or out of desperation? Just curious to see what others think.

My thought is that he was desperate.

I think he bought it because it felt like that was his and Juliette's next step in their relationship. They've been together for years. They are already living together, so why not?

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - brandon - 03-03-2017

for love.
I also think his model was his parents.They got married and had a son.
It could be that he sought to have a familiary life that was what he missed.But it became a "GRIMM",And both your life and your mind change.
People who have been abused in their childhood usually choose that type of relationship.
When Juliette left jail had cut his relationship with Nick .Must accept it. that dialogue of Juliette with Nick its a galimatias. she never spoke clear about what she wanted ,its a confusion.If you dont speak, nobody understands you.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Grimmbiest11 - 03-03-2017

(03-03-2017, 05:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: Did Nick propose out of love or out of desperation? Just curious to see what others think.

I think it was out of love, given that he had plans to propose again in S3. I think it was coming from s sincere place.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - New Guy - 03-03-2017

(03-02-2017, 06:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: My real issue is with the brains who decided Juliette needed a complete overhaul.
Hi Iruk,
I agree. Wink The "Brains" could have been NBC, G&K, or another source that expected the "overhaul" would be an improvement. The decision destroyed the character. Her brief time as Nick's nemesis provided some tense drama and in the Grimm world demanded her death. When the show killed her off it was time to move on without her. The huge error was to bring her back as FrankenEve, the Wooden Woman. Angry
N G

(03-03-2017, 06:04 AM)Grimmbiest11 Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 05:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: Did Nick propose out of love or out of desperation? Just curious to see what others think.

it was coming from s sincere place.
I believe this as well.

(03-03-2017, 06:08 AM)New Guy Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 06:05 PM)irukandji Wrote: My real issue is with the brains who decided Juliette needed a complete overhaul.
Hi Iruk,
I agree. Wink The "Brains" could have been NBC, G&K, or another source that expected the "overhaul" would be an improvement. The decision destroyed the character.
Yes. Whatever they thought they were doing with her character, didn't help her at all. I think Eve gained what little fans Juliette had failed to attract, but even then it still didn't elevate her in the eyes of a majority of the fans with the bitter taste of 4B still fresh for many people.

RE: Injustice done to the Juliette's character in Grimm - Grimmbiest11 - 03-03-2017

I guess the mistake Nick made was thinking that he could keep his two worlds apart. The one where he was a Grimm and the one where he was just a normal guy who wanted a normal life with Juliette. What he did not realize was that the worlds overlapped and Juliette ended up being sucked into it. Then when he got a chance to have a normal life he found he wanted his Grimm world back more than anything.
Juliette on the other hand found the Grimm world rather overwhelming at times, she was glad when Nick was no longer a Grimm because she wanted the prospect of their old 'normal' life back. She went the whole thing because she saw how important it was to Nick and eventually Nick's friends became hers too.
In restrospect I think she wasn't cut out for Nick's world and it was proven right when she ended up paying dearly for it.
I suppose that's where most of her bitterness stemed from in the end.