Grimm Forum
Is the 6th season wiith watching? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Is the 6th season wiith watching? (/Thread-Is-the-6th-season-wiith-watching)

Pages: 1 2

Is the 6th season wiith watching? - izzy - 02-22-2017

**** I edited the original post somewhat with the hope of softening the tone. The intent of the post was not to be insulting tho those who are fans of the show. IN my view pure entertainment shows are wonderful, it just happens I am not at that place in my life at present. Hopefully the alterations are well received****

So "we" did not watch all of Season 5, we missed 3 episodes, ones that were more Juliette centric because none of us think Bitsie can act worth a damn and the scripts seemed increasingly ludicrous to us.

We did watch episode 1 of season 6 and thought the narrative forced you to totally suspend reality, so we elected to wait and decide later is this season ises a change in tone. It is about that time when we are running out of time to watch the archives of episode 2 on...so the question become is it actually worth the effort, to us? In participating in a few threads I get the idea my summation of season 6 was correct, the creative team phoned it in, and the season is more about letting the actors do what they want to advance their careers because the creative team moved on long ago.

Things that would motivate us to watch would be cohesive explanations for the motivations of the central characters. They rather fleshed out Bud initially, you could understand his motivations. The same with the relationship between Monroe and Rosalee. Those three remain the most believable part of the show in terms of interpersonal relationships, to us. So for instance if there was a good flashback episode that explained how Juliette landed in Portland, how she met Nick, why she fell in love (if she ever was) with this loser, why Hank or Wu would throw their careers in the toilet, disobey their oath of office, and become hard core felons in order to Grimm with Nick, or why Adalind allows every man in her life to abuse her, then yeah we would have some interest.

Or we would be very interested if the show took an adult turn and actually brought the scoobies or at least Nick to justice for their many crimes. Or if there was some compelling storylines…but what I have gleamed so far is it is just more of the same toen set in season 5.

So I am curious, based on that, is there any reason for us to watch season 6?

RE: Is the 6th season wiith watching? - syscrash - 02-22-2017

Izzy I have been reading your comments for as long as I can remember. for the life of me I can not figure out why you did not stop watching the show seasons ago. You comments try of put together a perspective that does not exist. Then you complain when it does not make sense.

You bring up problems of the lack of back story. like in your comment about wanting to know why Juliette came to Portland. Even though that would have no bearing on the story. or you complain about the lack of consequences even though the show has never been trying to make a point. So for an answer to your question. I am sure there is noting about season 6 that you would enjoy. As for the rest of use. The anticipation is exciting. The actions scenes are worth re-watching. The mythology of the symbols is being given a lot of thought. And Diana is the season 6 action figure that Eve was in season 5.

RE: Is the 6th season wiith watching? - speakeasy - 02-23-2017

For me it's because I love the show. I don't question why things are thus and so, which could make me a mindless lump sitting in a chair in front of a television screen running a hour-long show about a disjointed chain of events portrayed by seemingly dissociative characters. And then doing the same thing every week for six seasons. That about states the case if a viewer like you can't shake off the lack of logic of the story lines and the one-dimensional and sometimes fractured quality of many of the people in the series.

But to a fan your thoughts about the show can be offensive because of our choice to enjoy the series. Not because of your valid criticisms about it, but because you convey the idea that anyone being entertained by it is not a discerning viewer.

RE: Is the 6th season wiith watching? - MarylikesGrimm - 02-23-2017

(02-22-2017, 06:30 PM)izzy Wrote: So I am curious, based on that, is there any reason for us to watch season 6?

I have watched every show 3 times and enjoyed them each time but if you did not like season 5 shows I am not sure you will like season 6 shows.

RE: Is the 6th season wiith watching? - Adriano Neres Rodrigues - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 05:22 AM)speakeasy Wrote: For me it's because I love the show. I don't question why things are thus and so, which could make me a mindless lump sitting in a chair in front of a television screen running a hour-long show about a disjointed chain of events portrayed by seemingly dissociative characters. And then doing the same thing every week for six seasons. That about states the case if a viewer like you can't shake off the lack of logic of the story lines and the one-dimensional and sometimes fractured quality of many of the people in the series.

But to a fan your thoughts about the show can be offensive because of our choice to enjoy the series. Not because of your valid criticisms about it, but because you convey the idea that anyone being entertained by it is not a discerning viewer.

Just to say that things can be seeing in a different way…

Personally I don’t see it this way. I am a fun of the show and I still watch the show. But I share many of izzy’s feelings about how the writers deal with the story and the characters.

Personally when I read izzy’s comments I think I feel as offended as you do. But I don’t feel offended by izzy. I feel offended by the writers for the lazily way they drive the show. But that is how I feel.

(02-22-2017, 06:30 PM)izzy Wrote: So I am curious, based on that, is there any reason for us to watch season 6?

I think you won't like season 6. So if you want to watch it just for the show itself, you should not watch it.
But if you want to know what you are complaining about, than you should watch it. I mean that the best way for you to know how you will feel about it is watching it yourself.
And watching season 6 you will have more elements to debate about it here in the forum. But do it knowing that probably you won’t like it. I think.

RE: Is the 6th season wiith watching? - speakeasy - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 05:54 AM)Adriano Neres Rodrigues Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 05:22 AM)speakeasy Wrote: For me it's because I love the show. I don't question why things are thus and so, which could make me a mindless lump sitting in a chair in front of a television screen running a hour-long show about a disjointed chain of events portrayed by seemingly dissociative characters. And then doing the same thing every week for six seasons. That about states the case if a viewer like you can't shake off the lack of logic of the story lines and the one-dimensional and sometimes fractured quality of many of the people in the series.

Just to say that things can be seeing in a different way…

Personally I don’t see it this way. I am a fun of the show and I still watch the show. But I share many of izzy’s feelings about how the writers deal with the story and the characters.

Personally when I read izzy’s comments I think I feel as offended as you do. But I don’t feel offended by izzy. I feel offended by the writers for the lazily way they drive the show. But that is how I feel.

I think you won't like season 6. So if you want to watch it just for the show itself, you should not watch it.
But if you want to know what you are complaining about, than you should watch it. I mean that the best way for you to know how you will feel about it is watching it yourself.
And watching season 6 you will have more elements to debate about it here in the forum. But do it knowing that probably you won’t like it. I think.

Thoughtful and objective comments by both posters, but I stand by my comments.

RE: Is the 6th season wiith watching? - New Guy - 02-23-2017

Hello Forum,
This show could have attained a very satisfactory conclusion at the end of the fourth season. The baby plots needed revision so that Adalind got Diana and returned to the law firm. Her pregnancy with Kelly should not have happened. Hexenette should have remained dead. Nick buries her and leaves Portland with his "little sister" Trubel to become Team Grimm and save the world. Monroe and Rosalee live happily ever after. Renard is convicted for all his crimes and goes to prison. Hank and Wu get promoted and keep Portland safe.
That would position several characters for a spin-off including WOW that could be a popular series.
Alas, the writers chose instead to drag the show through season 5 with a phony re-boot of Juliette/Hexenette into Wooden Woman FrankenEve. This egregious plot error killed the show. So NBC did the right thing and will put us out of our misery. I continue watching to see if the writers correct some errors, but it seems they decided to drag the show to the ultimate low of entertainment and a totally unsatisfactory conclusion.
I hope I am wrong about how this once very clever and entertaining show will end.
N G

RE: Is the 6th season wiith watching? - eric - 02-23-2017

Izzy, I can not understand why anyone who dislikes a show watches it, especially for 6 years. My time on earth is limited and running out, if I don't like what I see I switch channels or pick up a book or go for a walk. Going to a fan site to complain about that show, especially time and time and time again, becoming a top poster, would seem be a major waste of my time. When the last episode airs I will really miss it and I think you will too. Look at the dark side--soon the show will end and you will need to find another way to fill your time. Have a nice day.

RE: Is the 6th season wiith watching? - Kwu9888 - 02-23-2017

Izzy I believe you think your watching The Real Housewives of Portland, this is a scripted show it's NOT REAL so stop expecting it to be that way. You should spend your limited time here in this world only watching shows you like or have an invested interest in like maybe "Finding Bigfoot" from what I hear that's real life.

RE: Is the 6th season wiith watching? - izzy - 02-23-2017

(02-23-2017, 05:22 AM)speakeasy Wrote: But to a fan your thoughts about the show can be offensive because of our choice to enjoy the series. Not because of your valid criticisms about it, but because you convey the idea that anyone being entertained by it is not a discerning viewer.

Well, I hope you know that was not the intention. ...sigh...