Grimm Forum
So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. (/Thread-So-Diana-doesn-t-know-Juliette-betrayed-Kelly)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - dicappatore - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 08:33 AM)Robyn Wrote: I’ve always considered absolute hatred of a character to be as nonsensical and unbalanced as absolute adulation of a character. Depending on the biased direction, everything is either Juliette’s fault or Adalind’s fault. It appears to me that some viewers shared G & K’s chauvinist views - everything bad that happened to the male ‘hero’ was the fault of an evil or confused or ungrateful female - making Juliette and/or Adalind on-going culprits behind Nick’s woe-is-me drama.

To blame Kelly’s death solely on Juliette is akin to laying all the fault on Nick - much of the fallout would have been avoided if he’d ended his relationship with Juliette when he became a Grimm. It’s an accurate statement but it’s unfair and requires a knowledge of where every path would lead.

Kelly didn’t automatically deserve a death sentence because she stole someone’s child, but her death was the result of her actions. Adalind didn’t deserve to have her baby stolen because of bad decisions and selfish actions, but they led to her losing Diana. Juliette didn’t deserve to become a Hexenbiest, but her freely-made choices led to her becoming one.

It could be that G & K’s lack of commitment to the characters and their storyline’s is the reason Juliette and Adalind are either completely at fault or free of fault and rarely a balanced combination of the two extremes. Instead of making a decision that Juliette would slide to the dark side and committing to it, G & K lobbed her back and forth without exploring the various reasons for her wavering behavior. But it was never about that character and her story, it was about Nick’s woe-is-me drama - caused by Juliette becoming a Hexenbiest and violent, and Adalind becoming pregnant and vulnerable. The two female characters didn’t have storylines that stood on their own, but rather, drifted inside Nick’s shadow.

Diana didn’t learn about Juliette’s involvement in Kelly’s death because the scene wasn’t about Diana, and certainly not about Juliette receiving punishment - deserved or alleged. It was a cue card scene to express Juliette’s remorse and establish her firmly in the good guy camp - look into the camera and show a glimpse of regret/heartache.

Robyn, are you reading your own posts after you write them? You go on ranting how it’s the male character fault for Juliette’s misfortunes for not breaking off the relationship. Then then you only mention the female characters doing all the damage to each other. I have many post blaming the Royals, all males, including Sean for the orchestrations of Juliette’s demise. But last time I looked, it was a female that did most of the direct damage to Juliette. It was Juliette who was the pivotal character that made Kenneth’s success come to fruition and wipe out a whole neighborhood and Kelly's death.

In my walks in life, for the most part, on the job and in family situations, it is the women that do most of the continuing arguing and the craftsmanship of making mountains out of molehills. The only few females that I have met that weren’t as argumentative in my experiences are the ones in a lesbian relationships who are the more masculine in the relationship. Yea Men argue, most of the time they make their point, even might swing it out. When it’s done, you have a winner and a looser and it’s over. Now is this a condemnation on all the women in the world? Of course not. I haven’t met them all. But based on my experiences and exposure to the female gender which made me come to make that conclusion. You might consider it chauvinistic. I consider it reality.

Maybe, just maybe, the authors were basing their writings on their experiences in life similar to mines. You should check out the series “Scandal” I am told the writing and production and main characters is under the influence of many minority females and the characters aren’t much different.

As for Juliette’s look of regret is enough remorse for what she did? Obviously we live in different worlds.

As for your interpretation of the G & K chauvinistic views? The series is title “Grimm”. Last time I looked more than one male Grimm were mentioned in the series, but as I recall we were only introduced to two of them, Nick and Josh’s dad. We were introduced to three female Grimms, Aunt Marie, Kelly, and Trubel. All three were "Kick Ass" to the male gender. Not whining damsels in distress like Juliette who's best male interactions was to be suspicious and willing to easily spread her legs!

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - Robyn - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 11:15 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Robyn, are you reading your own posts after you write them? You go on ranting how it’s the male character fault for Juliette’s misfortunes for not breaking off the relationship. Then then you only mention the female characters doing all the damage to each other. I have many post blaming the Royals, all males, including Sean for the orchestrations of Juliette’s demise. But last time I looked, it was a female that did most of the direct damage to Juliette. It was Juliette who was the pivotal character that made Kenneth’s success come to fruition and wipe out a whole neighborhood and Kelly's death.

In my walks in life, for the most part, on the job and in family situations, it is the women that do most of the continuing arguing and the craftsmanship of making mountains out of molehills. The only few females that I have met that weren’t as argumentative in my experiences are the ones in a lesbian relationships who are the more masculine in the relationship. Yea Men argue, most of the time they make their point, even might swing it out. When it’s done, you have a winner and a looser and it’s over. Now is this a condemnation on all the women in the world? Of course not. I haven’t met them all. But based on my experiences and exposure to the female gender which made me come to make that conclusion. You might consider it chauvinistic. I consider it reality.

Maybe, just maybe, the authors were basing their writings on their experiences in life similar to mines. You should check out the series “Scandal” I am told the writing and production and main characters is under the influence of many minority females and the characters aren’t much different.

As for Juliette’s look of regret is enough remorse for what she did? Obviously we live in different worlds.

As for your interpretation of the G & K chauvinistic views? The series is title “Grimm”. Last time I looked more than one male Grimm were mentioned in the series, but as I recall we were only introduced to two of them, Nick and Josh’s dad. We were introduced to three female Grimms, Aunt Marie, Kelly, and Trubel. All three were "Kick Ass" to the male gender. Not whining damsels in distress like Juliette who's best male interactions was to be suspicious and willing to easily spread her legs!

I didn’t rant. I simply disagreed with a narrow minded point of view about a female character in a difficult situation. Nor did I make it about the battle of the sexes. G & K did that.

Adalind could only complete a spell on Hank by having sex with him. Taking Nick’s Grimm required Adalind having sex with him while looking like Juliette. Restoring Nick’s Grimm required Juliette to have sex with him while looking like Adalind. Why stop there - Eve turning into Renard offered up some girl on girl action.

Nick turns into Renard and the two have a pissing contest. A scene of Adalind in Nick's shirt and another in a towel made the cut. A scene of Nick walking around the loft in a towel was dropped on the cutting room floor. Yea, there’s no boys will be boys mentality there.

As for Juliette having multiple sex partners - can these women only have sex if it's required for a spell or if Nick wants to have sex with them? Maybe the writers were basing their stories on the principle that sex sells. Or maybe they distinguished a good girl from a bad girl by who she had sex with. Juliette was good when she only had sex with Nick. Adalind was good once she only had sex with Nick.

Chauvinism - don't know what made me think of that.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - dicappatore - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 01:44 PM)Robyn Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 11:15 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Robyn, are you reading your own posts after you write them? You go on ranting how it’s the male character fault for Juliette’s misfortunes for not breaking off the relationship. Then then you only mention the female characters doing all the damage to each other. I have many post blaming the Royals, all males, including Sean for the orchestrations of Juliette’s demise. But last time I looked, it was a female that did most of the direct damage to Juliette. It was Juliette who was the pivotal character that made Kenneth’s success come to fruition and wipe out a whole neighborhood and Kelly's death.

I didn’t rant. I simply disagreed with a narrow minded point of view about a female character in a difficult situation. Nor did I make it about the battle of the sexes. G & K did that.

Adalind could only complete a spell on Hank by having sex with him. Taking Nick’s Grimm required Adalind having sex with him while looking like Juliette. Restoring Nick’s Grimm required Juliette to have sex with him while looking like Adalind. Why stop there - Eve turning into Renard offered up some girl on girl action.

Nick turns into Renard and the two have a pissing contest. A scene of Adalind in Nick's shirt and another in a towel made the cut. A scene of Nick walking around the loft in a towel was dropped on the cutting room floor. Yea, there’s no boys will be boys mentality there.

As for Juliette having multiple sex partners - can these women only have sex if it's required for a spell or if Nick wants to have sex with them? Maybe the writers were basing their stories on the principle that sex sells. Or maybe they distinguished a good girl from a bad girl by who she had sex with. Juliette was good when she only had sex with Nick. Adalind was good once she only had sex with Nick.

Chauvinism - don't know what made me think of that.

I hate to tell you this, but the same moral principles apply to both sexes. At least in my world. I am not in Hollywood.

I guess you missed my posted thread “Who were the biggest sluts in the show?” Post # 449

Who were the bigger sluts on the main group of characters? I list them as such in order. Biggest one 1rst;
! - Sean Renard
2 - Adalind
3 - Hank
4 - Juliette
5 - toss up between Monroe or Rosalee, based on their pasts.
6 - Nick did lots of making out. Half the time he was not in control of his drive.

How would your list look like?

As you can see, I didn’t say whom where bad or good, just where they fell on the “Slut Meter".

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - irukandji - 08-30-2018

I've been reading through this thread and have come to the conclusion that even if someone told Diana that Juliette betrayed Kelly, it would mean nothing to her. Diana is a powerful child, but she's not a brilliant intellect.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - Hell Rell - 08-30-2018

I'm in agreement about it not meaning much, if anything, to Diana. She's happy with her life now and won't hold the past against anyone no matter what they did.

I've seen some discussion about her seeking vengeance here and there but I didn't give it any credence. Nothing that happened in the show would lead me to believe she would really care all that much and certainly not enough to do anything about it.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-30-2018

Everyone who had a hand in raising Diana had an agenda of some sort for her, a role they wanted her to grow into. Developing critical thinking skills and independence probably didn't serve their purposes.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - brandon - 08-31-2018

I think most of them give her a role of super powers but I think she was just a "children".Like so many other gifted kids needed guidance regarding their powers
and learn to discern between bad and good.
Example :the girl of genius in the bottle-season 2 -. attack his mother because he got angry, at the service station.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - irukandji - 09-01-2018

I agree that Diana is not seeking vengeance, but not because she doesn't care. I think she doesn't know. There's no way for a child at that point to figure out betrayal, weigh the actions behind the betrayal and decide if she should be the one to administer vengeance. The most a child could see would be that it was a night full of lies. I'm not sure Diana would administer justice based on lies because she was not the one being lied to.

Brandon mentioned something about Diana being a gifted child. I think there is some truth to this because she seemed to be made into something extraordinary at birth. But then, no one really did anything about her extraordinary powers. At the end of the series, what is she, really? Nothing but a thug who kills wesen.

What I find an even greater slap in the face is that when Kelly appears to Nick, her words to him are about his grandson. There is absolutely nothing about the baby she kidnapped.

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - brandon - 09-01-2018

Kelly was a person of few words and more action.You have to take into account your character.
I do not think she thought it would be necessary to tell his son about Diana.
Would know that Nick would protect both equally

RE: So Diana doesn't know Juliette betrayed Kelly. - irukandji - 09-01-2018

That wasn't my point. Kelly was the one who said Diana had a destiny. She kidnapped Diana to care for her as her own. Diana called Kelly her "other mommy". Yet when Kelly the ghost appears to Nick, all she has words for is a grandson she doesn't even know? What happened to Diana, who she kidnapped and was supposed to be caring for? She couldn't come up with some kind words for her?

There has been quite a bit of debate on here that Kelly did such a great job of raising Diana for the short amount of time that she had her. If that's the case, then why doesn't Kelly even acknowledge Diana?