Grimm Forum
Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? (/Thread-Conrad-Bonaparte-read-Adalind-s-future)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - Hell Rell - 02-02-2017

It certainly does make our discussions more interesting so yes it's a good thing. I don't try to be bias but I can't deny that I have them. I try not to give one character too much praise while constantly harping on another without reason but I'm probably guilty of that too. I just mentioned House above getting free passes but I'll be honest in saying that I don't find many positives in Cuddy's character. I just couldn't stand her, Taub, or pretty much anyone on the new team.

There's no one in Grimm I hate. I dislike what they've done with certain things such as Eve and Nick not asking for a paternity test among other things but I don't dislike any of them. It's the writing that bothers me more than any character or actor. I am liking this season so far. I think being cut down to 13 episodes has helped.

I think admitting a character's flaws can help. A character doing a bad thing doesn't mean they're a bad character but I think some people take it that way so some of their worst traits get sugarcoated. I thought Adalind was awesome in season 2 when she was wreaking havoc and so was Renard when Nick didn't know who he was.

(02-02-2017, 12:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 11:41 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: Renard needs to be taken to task more often.

In what way?

I'm talking about in general and not just this specific instance. He's been getting a free pass since season 1. I'm not talking about what the characters should do to him. Juliette, Adalind, and even Nick get way more vitriol thrown their way than Renard does. Renard seems to skate on by a lot while they're taking the brunt of the shots fired. It seems like they should be held accountable for their actions but it doesn't look that way with Renard most of the time.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - irukandji - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 12:24 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: I'm talking about in general and not just this specific instance. He's been getting a free pass since season 1. I'm not talking about what the characters should do to him. Juliette, Adalind, and even Nick get way more vitriol thrown their way than Renard does. Renard seems to skate on by a lot while their taking the brunt of the shots fired. It seems like they should be held accountable for their actions but it doesn't look that way with Renard most of the time.

I'm not taking up Renard's part of anything here. One dIfference between Renard and the other characters in Grimm is that he has always been portrayed as a slick and underhanded character whose motives are always questionable.

RE: Conrad Bonaparte read Adalind's future??? - MarylikesGrimm - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 10:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: As for Sean, I'm not positively certain he dislikes Adalind. He never claimed to, and in fact, has been quite cordial to her. Adalind, for all her supposed hatred of Sean, also seems to be quite cordial with him.

season 1 - Sean said Adalind was worthless after her failures such not killing Aunt Marie earlier.

middle of season 4 - Sean to Adalind in a car said that Diana was better off without her because she could not be a good mom so he would not help her find Diana.

Later in season 4, when Juliette told Sean she wanted to kill Adalind. Sean said it was a good idea and gave Juliette the name of the hotel she was staying at. Juliette found Adalind nearby the hotel and pushed a gargoyle off the building nearly killing Adalind which set of the train of events where Ken set up Juliette, Adalind, Nick and Kelly where Ken killed Kelly and got Diana. Do you think Sean at that point was justified in trying to get Adalind killed from his point of view?

(02-02-2017, 02:24 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 10:44 AM)irukandji Wrote: As for Sean, I'm not positively certain he dislikes Adalind. He never claimed to, and in fact, has been quite cordial to her. Adalind, for all her supposed hatred of Sean, also seems to be quite cordial with him.

season 1 - Sean said Adalind was worthless after her failures such not killing Aunt Marie earlier.

middle of season 4 - Sean to Adalind in a car said that Diana was better off without her because she could not be a good mom so he would not help her find Diana.

Later in season 4, when Juliette told Sean she wanted to kill Adalind. Sean said it was a good idea and gave Juliette the name of the hotel she was staying at. Juliette found Adalind nearby the hotel and pushed a gargoyle off the building nearly killing Adalind which set of the train of events where Ken set up Juliette, Adalind, Nick and Kelly where Ken killed Kelly and got Diana. Do you think Sean at that point was justified in trying to get Adalind killed from his point of view?

He wasn't too mean to her. She claimed to have loved him back in season 1.

(02-02-2017, 02:30 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Sean tried to have Adalind killed later in season 4 and you say he was not mean to her. How is that not mean?

(02-02-2017, 02:37 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Sean tried to have Adalind killed later in season 4 and you say he was not mean to her. How is that not mean?

Sean told Juliette where to find Adalind. It was Adalind who caused Juliette to become a hexenbiest in the first place. Sean was helping Juliette. He didn't try to kill Adalind. He gave Juliette information. Two different things.

(02-02-2017, 02:37 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 02:37 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

When did he try to have her killed?

He told Juliette that it was a good idea to kill Adalind after Juliette brought up Adalind. He told Juliette where Adalind was and Juliette found her there, in "Hibernaculum", and all most killed Adalind with a gargoyle. Only two shows before "Iron Hans" where Adalind pressured by Ken went to tell Nick the truth that he was the father of her baby.

http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Hibernaculum
Juliette asks if Adalind is with him because she wants to kill her, and Renard says that's a good idea. He tells Juliette that they are staying at the Hotel deLuxe, and Juliette starts taking her shirt off. Renard asks what she is doing, and she says, "Finishing what we started." She rubs his lip and asks if it hurts. Renard grabs her wrist and tells her it does. She tells him, "So will this," and they begin kissing.

(02-02-2017, 02:51 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: He told Juliette that it was a good idea to kill Adalind after Juliette brought up Adalind. He told Juliette where Adalind was and Juliette found her there, in "Hibernaculum", and all most killed Adalind with a gargoyle. Only two shows before "Iron Hans" where Adalind pressured by Ken went to tell Nick the truth that he was the father of her baby.

Juliette asks if Adalind is with him because she wants to kill her, and Renard says that's a good idea. He tells Juliette that they are staying at the Hotel deLuxe, and Juliette starts taking her shirt off. Renard asks what she is doing, and she says, "Finishing what we started." She rubs his lip and asks if it hurts. Renard grabs her wrist and tells her it does. She tells him, "So will this," and they begin kissing.

Adalind is responsible for what happened to Juliette. Juliette asked Renard for help. If I remember correctly, she wanted to know where Adalind was. Renard told her. That is not trying to kill Adalind. He's leaving it up to Juliette to kill Adalind. *IF* she wants to. He's not even telling Juliette to kill her. They are two different things.

(02-02-2017, 03:00 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 02:51 PM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote: He told Juliette that it was a good idea to kill Adalind after Juliette brought up Adalind. He told Juliette where Adalind was and Juliette found her there, in "Hibernaculum", and all most killed Adalind with a gargoyle. Only two shows before "Iron Hans" where Adalind pressured by Ken went to tell Nick the truth that he was the father of her baby.

Adalind is responsible for what happened to Juliette. Juliette asked Renard for help. If I remember correctly, she wanted to know where Adalind was. Renard told her. That is not trying to kill Adalind. He's leaving it up to Juliette to kill Adalind. *IF* she wants to. He's not even telling Juliette to kill her. They are two different things.

Telling Juliette it was a good idea and giving her an address she could not have gotten on her own is trying to get Adalind killed. You say that Sean has never been mean to Adalind late in the show and IMO this disproves of that completely.

If a person hands someone who wants to die a gun tells them to shot themselves is that person at fault for the suicide?

Actually, this is what I said:

Quote:As for Sean, I'm not positively certain he dislikes Adalind. He never claimed to, and in fact, has been quite cordial to her. Adalind, for all her supposed hatred of Sean, also seems to be quite cordial with him.

Not the same as Sean was never mean to Adalind.