Grimm Forum
S6E04 - El Cuegle - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E04 - El Cuegle (/Thread-S6E04-El-Cuegle)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - irukandji - 01-28-2017

(01-28-2017, 09:10 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 09:08 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 05:15 AM)syscrash Wrote: I also was expecting him to see the future of one of the kids. It could have been as the vision could be of one of the kids

Did anyone really believe that when El Cuegle was talking about bears at the end of the episode, that that applied to the kidnapped baby's blanket? Or are we going to see a bear blanket somewhere else in the near future?
If you look at what is around the gun when he kills his parents it is his baby blanket.

Hank and Nick would not have seen El Cuegle's vision, nor did he explain it to them. All they did was see the blanket and basically attached it to the baby.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - MarylikesGrimm - 01-28-2017

(01-28-2017, 05:15 AM)syscrash Wrote: I also was expecting him to see the future of one of the kids. It could have been as the vision could be of one of the kids

Did anyone really believe that when El Cuegle was talking about bears at the end of the episode, that that applied to the kidnapped baby's blanket? Or are we going to see a bear blanket somewhere else in the near future?
If you look at what is around the gun when he kills his parents it is his baby blanket.

Great minds think alike.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - Hexenadler - 01-28-2017

I think Rosalee has the right idea wanting to get the hell out of Portland. It's not like Nick or most of his friends have been the most morally upstanding people to know.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - brandon - 01-28-2017

One of the chapters of the serie "the outer limits" it was about a nanny who has a revelation about the baby who cares- is Hitler - and its going to cause a lot of harm. I think she kills him and she too. A maid or a man sees a beggar with a baby and takes it to replace the dead baby.

I would have liked to see Nick with the clothes of Sean to see how was left.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - MANTItotheCore - 01-28-2017

(01-28-2017, 09:13 AM)MarylikesGrimm Wrote:

Great minds think alike.

Yeah, I wish I had said that earlier in this thread... Big Grin

I believe that prophecies should not be taken literally.that sometimes happens. Saw in "Once upon in time" the prophecy that they tell Mr. Gold/R.?

It would be interesting to see that Renard takes a surprise to know what they found in Germany.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - Robyn - 01-28-2017

(01-28-2017, 07:57 AM)irukandji Wrote: I have a feeling Monroe and Rosalee might be looking for greener pastures.
Or maybe a source of conflict if Monroe wants to maintain their Portland roots and continue being involved with Nick’s Grimm activities.

(01-28-2017, 07:57 AM)irukandji Wrote: I really should get a triumphant feeling that Nick successfully took down future mayor Renard. But I don't. I can't say why, but I feel like an important opportunity was just flushed down the toilet and I feel sorry for Sean. It also bothered me that Nick, Hank and Wu were whooping it up at their successful return to the police department.
They were smug and juvenile, which is pretty much how the characters are generally written. I don’t feel sorry for Renard as much as disappointed in how he’s being written, especially in S5. Rather than stepping up Nick to a proactive and effective leader, G&K stepped down Renard’s established method of carefully planning his entrance and exit moves.

(01-28-2017, 07:57 AM)irukandji Wrote: I liked the return of the wesen of the week, but it seems a little pointless for these wesen to destroy a baby right away. If they know this baby is going to develop into someone like Ted Bundy, they can certainly bide their time.
I got the impression it was physically and mentally difficult for the Wesen to ignore the visions. With the juxtaposition of Nick taking Diana for the greater good and the Wesen taking/killing babies for the greater good, I failed to reign in my expectations. When the Grimm book only portrayed the Wesen as a vicious baby eating monster, I expected Nick to figure out what was really going on. Which he kind of did, but knowing didn’t prompt Nick to a make comparison between his and the Wesen’s motivation, or change how he handled the case. Nick didn’t even try to warn the mother, who was already convinced she saw a monster, about her son’s foretold future.

(01-28-2017, 07:50 AM)degrimm Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 06:33 AM)Robyn Wrote: It might be interesting if Juliette finally confronted the consequences of becoming a Hexenbiest, and became her own person. But Juliette’s emotional breakdown and yearning for Nick is obvious contrived Nick drama.

In the Wesen of the week, the juxtaposition was blaring, and provided an opportunity to portray Nick as more mature and insightful due to his experiences. Nick believed the Wesen was committing atrocious acts for the sake of the better good. But instead of trusting the mother to understand and heed his forewarning of a possible horrendous future, he tries to make the irate husband believe the wife’s insane story about a monster.

The only scenes worthwhile were Renard and Diana. Grimm’s hero is so disappointing, it’s easy to root for the ones who want him dead.

You can finally see the nick grimm we have been talking about. He's a disgrace for a grimm. You can be a grimm and sensitive but he should also wise and smart enough to understand situations but big No!!!!.
Why do you think that is? Nick could have easily been a mature, insightful, and experienced leader in this episode without compromising the original script. And actually, I liked the gray surrounding the supposed bad Wesen’s actions and motivation.

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - syscrash - 01-28-2017

Quote:I have a feeling Monroe and Rosalee might be looking for greener pastures.
Or maybe a source of conflict if Monroe wants to maintain their Portland roots and continue being involved with Nick’s Grimm activities.
Monroe and Roseale relationship has been going to smooth for to long. That does not exist in this show. This could be the thing that puts it at risk. I could even see Roseale going to her mothers for a while.

Quote:They were smug and juvenile, which is pretty much how the characters are generally written. I don’t feel sorry for Renard as much as disappointed in how he’s being written, especially in S5. Rather than stepping up Nick to a proactive and effective leader, G&K stepped down Renard’s established method of carefully planning his entrance and exit moves.
After Sean trick with finding a loop hole in the trust me knot. I also cheered when the group got the best of Sean. Having Sean using the judge to free him be what now becomes his biggest problem is a good twist. It was no surprise that the end game was not Sean being mayor. Sean not being captain would destroy what allows Nick to be a Grimm. So we know he would be captain . We just did not know how.

Nick not being able to tell the couple what he know about why and how they where targets. Was complicated by it being wesen related and under circumstances could he reveal that fact. Nick telling the husband that the wife was not crazy was coming close to the line. As a Grimm he should have killed el cuegle that first time he found him with the child. The cop compelled him to arrest the guy. I stead of having Nick make a moral decision they let the guy have an accident. Something the show has used many times. Instead of Nick doing the Grimm thing they create another out.

I think did not arrest him because believe in what said. Should shot him the same? If it was another "GRIMM" would have fired? Why most "GRIMM" considered them animals.

Some of that will have instilled Kelly? Renard lied to him Diana

RE: S6E04 - El Cuegle - Robyn - 01-28-2017

(01-28-2017, 05:22 PM)syscrash Wrote: Nick not being able to tell the couple what he know about why and how they where targets. Was complicated by it being wesen related and under circumstances could he reveal that fact. Nick telling the husband that the wife was not crazy was coming close to the line. As a Grimm he should have killed el cuegle that first time he found him with the child. The cop compelled him to arrest the guy. I stead of having Nick make a moral decision they let the guy have an accident. Something the show has used many times. Instead of Nick doing the Grimm thing they create another out.
From the beginning the show has presented Nick as wanting to be different from his ancestors. The fact that the Grimm recorded his/her encounter with El Cruegle in pure Grimm fashion - it must be an evil monster - compared to Nick believing his explanation for what he does, establishes that Nick tries to not be like his ancestors. Had Kelly encountered El Cruegle, she would have killed him even if she believed his plight. Kelly was an old school Grimm - the only good Wesen is a dead Wesen.

Nick did not have to disclose Grimm/Wesen details. The mother was adamant she saw a monster, and was not crazy. All Nick had to do was tell her she did see a monster and then warn her of the premonition. She would have been relieved just to know someone believed her. It may not have changed the future. It also may have changed the future.

The visions would have compelled the Wesen to continue going after the baby. Nick’s option was to allow it to happen or kill him. I do agree Nick should have chosen to intervene on the baby’s behalf and purposely killed the Wesen. His accidental death was a cop out.

(01-28-2017, 05:22 PM)syscrash Wrote: It was no surprise that the end game was not Sean being mayor. Sean not being captain would destroy what allows Nick to be a Grimm. So we know he would be captain . We just did not know how.
Keeping Renard precinct captain for the ease of storytelling is another lazy cop out. There are ways to work around Nick vs. Renard and establish an uneasy alliance - the most obvious, Diana, and Adalind’s supposed refusal to give up her daughter again.