Grimm Forum
Is Juliette a Royal? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Is Juliette a Royal? (/Thread-Is-Juliette-a-Royal)

Pages: 1 2

Is Juliette a Royal? - Baron Waltrip - 09-20-2013

Sorry if this is a repeat question. We are new to the forum.
In La Llorona Juliette says that she speaks Spanish fluently because she lived in Spain when she was younger with her grand mother. I saw a mention of a flash back that involved a woman that looked like Juliette, but from long ago. Is Juliette some kind of royal? Could she be the woman from long ago, or her descendant? Is her name a hint at her position of being pulled between her family and her love?

RE: Is Juliette a Royal? - GrimmForum - 09-20-2013

@"Baron Waltrip"

Hey welcome to the forum. That's a rather interesting theory to bring up but I've never heard of Juliette being a Royal before. I don't remember that scene very well, I'll need to rewatch it. Perhaps other members here have greater insight into this.

RE: Is Juliette a Royal? - Baron Waltrip - 09-20-2013

Thanks for welcoming me. I didn't catch Juliette's quick explanation the first time we watched, but my children wanted to rewatch it this evening and it seemed like foreshadowing. Watching Grimm is kind of our thing, which means I am always distracted and miss quite a bit so I could be way off.

RE: Is Juliette a Royal? - grimmfreak - 09-20-2013

Welcome... that would be an interesting plot twist. However, with her history, I doubt it. She would have to be pulling one on nick all along.... I guess it could have been that she didn't want to tell him but I think it's too late for the writers to make that move now.

RE: Is Juliette a Royal? - Baron Waltrip - 09-21-2013

Well, Grimmfreak, all that I could come up with is that she doesn't know for either one of two reasons.
The first is some sort of spell against her could have caused amnesia, and she was basically told what her history was.
The second is that she was sneaked out of Spain before she understood what was happening in her family, and simply has not developed her abilities yet.

I know that it is reaching, but now that I am wondering about royal blood and have read on here that royals are part Grimm, I am thinking back to how fast their relationship started and wondering if there is a natural attraction between Grimms. Also, maybe you could help me with this, I don't remember Sean Renard saying how he got to Portland. Was it only to watch Nick, or could he have been there to keep an eye on Juliette, and discovered Nick like that?

RE: Is Juliette a Royal? - grimmfreak - 09-21-2013

(09-21-2013, 04:53 AM)Baron Waltrip Wrote: Well, Grimmfreak, all that I could come up with is that she doesn't know for either one of two reasons.
The first is some sort of spell against her could have caused amnesia, and she was basically told what her history was.
The second is that she was sneaked out of Spain before she understood what was happening in her family, and simply has not developed her abilities yet.

I know that it is reaching, but now that I am wondering about royal blood and have read on here that royals are part Grimm, I am thinking back to how fast their relationship started and wondering if there is a natural attraction between Grimms. Also, maybe you could help me with this, I don't remember Sean Renard saying how he got to Portland. Was it only to watch Nick, or could he have been there to keep an eye on Juliette, and discovered Nick like that?
We don't know much about how/why Sean originally came to Portland and the thing about royals being part grimm isn't confirmed yet.... As for her being under some sort of spell, that could be. It would serve to make her more interesting.

RE: Is Juliette a Royal? - FräuleinWunderlich - 09-22-2013

That´s an interesting possibility. Yes, she has a last name: Silverton. And your theory could be a reason why Aunt Marie said to Nick he has to break up with her.
We don´t know what´s Renards reasons to come to Portland, but I have the theory that it has to do with his and Nick´s family. But maybe he has an agreement with Juliettes family too, if she is a royal.

RE: Is Juliette a Royal? - Baron Waltrip - 09-22-2013

I didn't know her last name, but could it be that she knows something about the treasure, and just isn't aware? Is Silverton a hint at her worth in some way? Also, I hadn't made the link with Aunt Marie not being approving. That is interesting supporting evidence though. Now I am wondering if Juliette is the hidden treasure. How cool would it be if Nick could bring her out of some suppressed state to uncover amazing powers?!?

RE: Is Juliette a Royal? - JudyC - 10-11-2013

(09-22-2013, 11:33 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: That´s an interesting possibility. Yes, she has a last name: Silverton. And your theory could be a reason why Aunt Marie said to Nick he has to break up with her.
We don´t know what´s Renards reasons to come to Portland, but I have the theory that it has to do with his and Nick´s family. But maybe he has an agreement with Juliettes family too, if she is a royal.

If I am not mistaken, I believe that it has been stated that Renard was brought to Portland by his mother, who was fleeing with Sean because Sean's father's wife was trying to kill them.

RE: Is Juliette a Royal? - HellJacket - 10-11-2013

(10-11-2013, 07:05 PM)JudyC Wrote:
(09-22-2013, 11:33 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: That´s an interesting possibility. Yes, she has a last name: Silverton. And your theory could be a reason why Aunt Marie said to Nick he has to break up with her.

If I am not mistaken, I believe that it has been stated that Renard was brought to Portland by his mother, who was fleeing with Sean because Sean's father's wife was trying to kill them.

Hello JudyC, I would like to extend a warm welcome from the GrimmForum ™. Most people around here are pretty nice, which makes for a fairly boring forum at times. On the bright side, you will likely notice that this is a Juliette thread with eight posts, and not one complaining about how boring she is. So, you take the good with the bad, which is what I often say.

In any case, if you happen to know me from any other forum you may have frequented previously, I hope I get a clean slate from any reputation I've acquired. Angel