Grimm Forum
Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Sleepy Hollow on Fox? (/Thread-Sleepy-Hollow-on-Fox)

Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - HellJacket - 09-17-2013

Anyone check out this new show on Fox?

It's a dark gritty supernatural police procedural (well, I'm guessing it'll be a police procedural since one of the main characters is a police officer) that raises supernatural allusions to major historical events. Oh where, oh where, have I seen that done before?

But anyways, I'm more than happy to have Grimm on two nights a week. Old America is a nice change from the modernist Portland that we see regularly on Grimm. I especially liked the many Highlander easter eggs. All this show needs now is a banging Queen soundtrack.

RE: Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - pale boy - 09-17-2013

I wouldn't have thought this show was Highlander meets Grimm, but it feels so right it can't be wrong.

It looks like it'll be fun -- provided they don't make the main character into too much of an angst machine.

RE: Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - HellJacket - 09-18-2013

(09-17-2013, 10:37 PM)pale boy Wrote: I wouldn't have thought this show was Highlander meets Grimm, but it feels so right it can't be wrong.
Yeah, I was pretty much shocked by that too, and I wish we got to see more Clancy Brown. I'm guessing he may continue with the show as a possible narrator.

(09-17-2013, 10:37 PM)pale boy Wrote: It looks like it'll be fun -- provided they don't make the main character into too much of an angst machine.
While I understand your position, my initial opinion of Ichabod Crane is better than my initial opinion of Nick Burkhardt. The main difference between Grimm and Sleepy Hollow though is the humor, which the Grimm pilot didn't have a whole lot of either (except for Monroe's classic scenes). Yeah yeah, big exception, I know.

RE: Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - FräuleinWunderlich - 09-19-2013

James Frain aka Eric Renard get a role on Sleepy Hollow. He plays a baddie royal Big Grin

RE: Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - HellJacket - 09-19-2013

(09-19-2013, 10:30 AM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: James Frain aka Eric Renard get a role on Sleepy Hollow. He plays a baddie royal Big Grin

Frain also had a role on the recent BBC production, "The White Queen." Since it looks The White Queen isn't getting another season, Frain should have plenty of time for his new role on Sleepy Hollow as well as his scenes on Grimm (assuming the Grimm writers haven't already killed him off).

Edit- While I haven't finished watching The White Queen, Frain played Warwick Kingmaker. So, Frain likely wasn't going to be on that show very long anyway.

Edit2- WARNING: SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

<<
<<
<<
<<
<<There be GRIMM spoilers coming. I really sincerely mean it.

<<
<<

<<
<<
WARNING: SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

So, here's an excerpt from a recent interview with Frain
http://www.imdb.com/falltv/?ref_=hm_eds_i1
Yellow highlighted text is the interviewer. Bolded text is Frain.

Before we wrap up this interview, I did want to ask you a couple of questions about “Grimm” because you’re going to be coming back this season, yes?

I don’t know. I don’t know what’s going to happen with that.

Are you being coy, or are you being serious?

No! Have they spoken to you about it?

No, I just know that your character (Eric Renard) is still alive on the show. The last we saw on the show was that Nick was being locked in some sort of a coffin, and there you have it. I thought you’d perhaps have some clues.

Well, no. I’ll tell you what happened, and this is just the logistics of the industry. They had me as a reoccurring guest star (in season two), and they had the hiatus. And during that hiatus, I got another job that was shot in England. I did the British and French version of ‘The Bridge’, that Danish show ‘The Bridge’?…We remade it in England, and set it in the middle of the channel tunnel. The body is found, and the French and English cops have to work together. But I got that gig, and when “Grimm” came back and they said, “What’s your availability?” we couldn’t figure it out somehow. And so, they had to kind of jiggle their plans. I don’t know if they’re going to want me to come back. Maybe they’ll decide to kill me off. I’ll know probably about the same time that you do.

Motherfarking fans and there "OHHH, having reruns on alternate weeks kills shows, just look at shows X Y and Z, blah blah blah." Morons. Friggin hiatus.

RE: Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - HellJacket - 10-03-2013

And Sleepy Hollow is the first renewal of the Fall 2013 season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/03/sleppy-hollow-renewed-for-season-2-by-fox/206774/

RE: Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - Lou - 01-29-2014

I stopped watching this show before Christmas. I made it through the break without once thinking about the show. Now, I think I have 3 unwatched episodes in my queue.
Do you think I should watch them? or not bother?

RE: Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - Nic118 - 01-30-2014

(01-29-2014, 06:31 PM)Lou Wrote: I stopped watching this show before Christmas. I made it through the break without once thinking about the show. Now, I think I have 3 unwatched episodes in my queue.
Do you think I should watch them? or not bother?

Definitely give it another go. It's a lot of fun, I think.

RE: Sleepy Hollow on Fox? - pale boy - 01-31-2014

I thought that Sleepy Hollow was going to be sort of okay, but not really anything I'd "have to" watch.

How wrong I was. This turned out to be a wacky, holds-no-bars deluge of magic, conspiracy theories, and apocalypse nightmares. Doesn't hurt that the cast is awesome and that John Noble shows up. I watch it like a graphic novel come to life.