Grimm Forum
The cloth and the symbols on it - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 6 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: The cloth and the symbols on it (/Thread-The-cloth-and-the-symbols-on-it)

The cloth and the symbols on it - jsgrimm45 - 01-14-2017

Rosalee said she didn't find anything like the symbols in either the Egyptian or Babylonia text, so what it it written in? What kind of prophecy is it? Was surprised Adalind didn't know it or at least the language of the text.

The relic and the cloth meaning plus Diana being the only one to see the complete text do we think it is a Prophecy about Diana?

RE: The cloth and the symbols on it - Kathryn Wooten - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 07:53 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Rosalee said she didn't find anything like the symbols in either the Egyptian or Babylonia text, so what it it written in? What kind of prophecy is it? Was surprised Adalind didn't know it or at least the language of the text.

The relic and the cloth meaning plus Diana being the only one to see the complete text do we think it is a Prophecy about Diana?
if I am not mistaken it is a calendar and the time is almost up and when the time is up destruction of man will happen
I found it odd only Diana who can see all of the symbols and draw them very well to and Eve only seeing 3 symbols and Adalind seeing none

RE: The cloth and the symbols on it - jsgrimm45 - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 08:10 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 07:53 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote: Rosalee said she didn't find anything like the symbols in either the Egyptian or Babylonia text, so what it it written in? What kind of prophecy is it? Was surprised Adalind didn't know it or at least the language of the text.

if I am not mistaken it is a calendar and the time is almost up and when the time is up destruction of man will happen
I found it odd only Diana who can see all of the symbols and draw them very well to and Eve only seeing 3 symbols and Adalind seeing none
Agree it is a calendar but if you can't read it does help. Would you agree it likely a calendar of a prophecy about Diana as we heard in Season 3 with the episode 12 and 13? Monroe dad those guys only show up in times of great change.

(01-14-2017, 08:23 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:

Agree it is a calendar but if you can't read it does help. Would you agree it likely a calendar of a prophecy about Diana as we heard in Season 3 with the episode 12 and 13? Monroe dad those guys only show up in times of great change.
Yes but it also be a prophecy about Nick ?? something tells me maybe Renard can read it, he can read a lot of old literature and seems to know some of the history

(01-14-2017, 08:32 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:

Yes but it also be a prophecy about Nick ?? something tells me maybe Renard can read it, he can read a lot of old literature and seems to know some of the history
Hadn't thought of him because I don't see him helping but you could be right if could be some type of Royal code that only a royal would know.

(01-14-2017, 08:38 AM)jsgrimm45 Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 08:32 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote:

Hadn't thought of him because I don't see him helping but you could be right if could be some type of Royal code that only a royal would know.

I only believe he can help now..since he no longer the big bad and wants to make it up to the scoobies...the photos in episode 4... Renard looks unsure of himself, almost timid, and when Wu, Hank and Nick is in his office, it must be very tense, working with a man that try to kill their friend. But here they are.... Renard would make a logical choice helping Nick with the cloth... might help heal the wounds, however they would never think of going to Sean not after what happened..the only way that would happened if Renard start randomly scribble the symbols on paper and Nick, Wu or Hank sees it

RE: The cloth and the symbols on it - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 08:10 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: I found it odd only Diana who can see all of the symbols and draw them very well to and Eve only seeing 3 symbols and Adalind seeing none

I think the only reason Eve can see any symbols at all is her death grip experience, and the ones she's seeing probably relate to that, such as death, the underworld and/or the soul.

(01-14-2017, 09:53 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 08:10 AM)Kathryn Wooten Wrote: I found it odd only Diana who can see all of the symbols and draw them very well to and Eve only seeing 3 symbols and Adalind seeing none

I think the only reason Eve can see any symbols at all is her death grip experience, and the ones she's seeing probably relate to that, such as death, the underworld and/or the soul.
That little insight may be the key to breaking the code of the symbols. See I thought that the Egyptian book of the dead would be but Rosalee shot that one down.

RE: The cloth and the symbols on it - speakeasy - 01-14-2017

The source Rosalee quoted for the Death Grip having to do with a purified soul keeping someone from slipping into the netherworld was an Egyptian one, she even named the Pharaoh. Doesn't have to mean anything. Because she seemed to eliminate that possibility.

But since no one could identify the symbols' origination, it's complicating understanding the placement of the 'map' because there appears to be no point of departure to start from in fixing the time, and therefore reading the signs. Looks like it's time to consult the books again, or maybe Diana can find a supernatural way to cut through the red tape; she's good at that. Smile

(01-14-2017, 10:33 AM)speakeasy Wrote: The source Rosalee quoted for the Death Grip having to do with a purified soul keeping someone from slipping into the netherworld was an Egyptian one, she even named the Pharaoh. Doesn't have to mean anything. Because she seemed to eliminate that possibility.

But since no one could identify the symbols' origination, it's complicating understanding the placement of the 'map' because there appears to be no point of departure to start from in fixing the time, and therefore reading the signs. Looks like it's time to consult the books again, or maybe Diana can find a supernatural way to cut through the red tape; she's good at that. Smile
Good thought on the books from Monroe's uncle some of them were very old. The keys were also in that locker.