Grimm Forum
S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 6 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-6)
+---- Thread: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot (/Thread-S6E02-Trust-Me-Knot)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Kwu9888 - 01-14-2017

I was just rewatching the episode and I realized that when Adalind woged Nick didn't even flinch unlike when he was with Juliette

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-14-2017

We don't know the rate at which Diana's abilities developed. When we saw her again in S04, she really didn't seem able to do all that much more than she could as an infant (levitate small objects, create illusions of herself and make skulls appear in hot coffee and window reflections). This despite the fact that she matured from infancy to the apparent age of five in only a year.

But another year later and she looks more like 12 or 13. That's a big development jump.

Nobody has ever mentioned this, btw. I wonder if that means it's not unusual for a three year old hexenbiest to look the way she does?

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - irukandji - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 02:38 AM)syscrash Wrote: Instead Adalind in her usual screw it up way gets specific and makes Nick's part being her testifying.

I'm not so sure it was a screw up, but a deliberate change on Adalind's part. The way I understand blood oaths, the people participating in the oath are the ones to shed their blood. Instead, Adalind was the one to shed her blood. Yet according to her, if Nick or Renard violated their side of the oath, whoever broke it first would die. That cannot be unless each man gave something of value (which would be his blood) to seal the oath. No matter how specific Adalind gets, the warning of death technically shouldn't work anyway because it doesn't contain the blood of either man.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Robyn - 01-14-2017

I watched for Nick’s reaction to Adalind. She didn’t just woge, she bit into her hand to make it bleed. I cringed a little with that. Nick’s eyes rolled to the left toward Adalind, but he appeared to be focusing on her during the spell, not put off by her woge.

It seems that if Diana assessed the lack of firewood as a problem then projected her image in the woods to manipulate Meisner into bringing in wood, she could have tricked Kenneth & Juliette and BC the same way.

The problem might be that at her stage of development in S4, deceiving Kenneth & Juliette wasn’t enough if she didn’t know where to go or what do after they left with the projected image. In S5, Diana might have believed BC was taking her to her parents and wanted to go with them.

Adalind did woge, but as she did her head turned slightly away from Nick as she bit her hand. And Nick's attention would have been - or at least should have been - concentrated on Renard, because he wasn't handcuffed.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Robyn - 01-14-2017

I watched that scene again to make sure I wasn't projecting my focus on Adalind onto Nick. Tongue Nick's eyes were rolled to the left toward Adalind, not straight ahead toward Renard. Of course, the camera was on Nick's face for seconds, so his eyes could have been darting between Adalind and Renard.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - Chris - 01-14-2017

This is driving me a wee bit crazy. The blood oath could not truly have been worded any other way. Why would Renard agree to it if it were worded differently? Renard did not know for sure that the Grand Jury hearing would be "fixed". There was every chance in the world that he would not get his way. Nick, or actually Adalind at Nick's behest, had to have some skin in the game or there was no reason for the oath. If Renard was so very sure he was going to get off there was no reason for him to participate in the oath. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose. If Adalind's testimony had not cleared him he would not have had to uphold his end of the bargain, he instead would have gone to trial. There is no way Renard would have agreed to have to go ahead and let Nick off the hook if he did not get let off the hook himself.

They were bargaining for each others freedom. If the oath were only that Adalind had to testify she could have thrown Renard under the bus without any worries. Renard would not have gone for that. Just like Nick and Adalind would not have gone for less from Renard than all charges dropped and reinstatement. The only thing Nick had to offer was Adalind's testimony. Though she was the one taking the risk, not Nick.

Of course Renard knew the judge would dismiss the charges before the grand jury ever heard them. He was his pet judge. He set the whole early hearing up himself on the phone that was smuggled to him in his cell.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - MarylikesGrimm - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 05:51 PM)Robyn Wrote: True. If Diana doesn't feel threatened she's not likely to react negatively. But Diana has never resisted being taken by strangers, or shown fear. Because of her powers, fear probably isn't a necessary response for her. Considering how many times Diana’s been taken, it might be a good idea for Adalind to give Diana a safe word that someone would use if mommy sends them for her.

If a safe word is a good idea, why not teach her in certain emergencies to go to her brother's room or to meet outside?

Diana is older and with family so she is much more likely to appropriately fight a kidnapper given the right instructions.

RE: S6E02 - Trust Me Knot - irukandji - 01-14-2017

(01-14-2017, 07:57 PM)Chris Wrote: They were bargaining for each others freedom. If the oath were only that Adalind had to testify she could have thrown Renard under the bus without any worries. Renard would not have gone for that. Just like Nick and Adalind would not have gone for less from Renard than all charges dropped and reinstatement. The only thing Nick had to offer was Adalind's testimony. Though she was the one taking the risk, not Nick.

What if Adalind was trying to save both mens' lives by using her own blood during the spell instead of theirs?